Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did Jesus Switch Bodies for mankind?
05-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Did Jesus Switch Bodies for mankind?
Since, as Churchianity teaches, Jesus, too had an 'immortal soul'- that means he NEVER died and was NEVER resurrected- but switched from the physical body on the cross/stake to a spirit body...and switched back again 3 days later....RIGHT?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 12:13 PM
RE: Did Jesus Switch Bodies for mankind?
If Jesus was playing the world on god mode, then he could do whatever.
05-12-2012, 12:17 PM
(05-11-2012 07:56 PM)theMadJW Wrote:  Since, as Churchianity teaches, Jesus, too had an 'immortal soul'- that means he NEVER died and was NEVER resurrected- but switched from the physical body on the cross/stake to a spirit body...and switched back again 3 days later....RIGHT?

God appeared in human form as Jesus, but he was never truly human. He allowed his enemies to murder his human body; afterward, he became his "true self."
05-12-2012, 12:25 PM
(05-12-2012 12:17 PM)chucknance Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 07:56 PM)theMadJW Wrote:  Since, as Churchianity teaches, Jesus, too had an 'immortal soul'- that means he NEVER died and was NEVER resurrected- but switched from the physical body on the cross/stake to a spirit body...and switched back again 3 days later....RIGHT?

God appeared in human form as Jesus, but he was never truly human. He allowed his enemies to murder his human body; afterward, he became his "true self."

Ahhh! The church explanation connected to no reality whatsoever.
EVER read that ANYWHERE in the scriptures?
You HAVE verified what I claimed, though, Thanks!

Now comes the BIGGIE: can you think outside the church?
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM
(05-12-2012 12:25 PM)theMadJW Wrote:  

I'm not in a box. I cherry pick the Bible. Because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God, I am not a Christian.

If you say Jesus switched bodies, you're claiming Jesus had such power. But who was Jesus? I believe Jesus was God, and God has the power to become human. As an example, read the story of the "three visitors" in Genesis 18. In that story the Lord became a man.

Because God can create matter, he could have, and I believe did, turn himself into a man. Then, when men murder him (his body), he ascended back into heaven with his supernatural body.
05-12-2012, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 08:32 PM by theMadJW.)
(05-12-2012 08:04 PM)chucknance Wrote:  

I'm not in a box. I cherry pick the Bible. Because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God, I am not a Christian.

If you say Jesus switched bodies, you're claiming Jesus had such power. But who was Jesus? I believe Jesus was God, and God has the power to become human. As an example, read the story of the "three visitors" in Genesis 18. In that story the Lord became a man.

Because God can create matter, he could have, and I believe did, turn himself into a man. Then, when men murder him (his body), he ascended back into heaven with his supernatural body.

That is pure church dogma unrelated to the Bible.
Angels OFTEN spoke as/for God.
"Switching Bodies" is what the phony 'immortal soul' dogma does to Jesus dying.
He didn't, since he CONTINUED living as an 'immortal soul'.

Nonsense.
05-13-2012, 12:14 AM
='theMadJW' pid='114199' dateline='1336872673']

Quote:That is pure church dogma unrelated to the Bible.

Nonsense.

What do you mean by church dogma? What church, what dogma? Your statement is very ambiguous. What do you mean by "he CONTINUED living as an immortal soul?"

State your position!

I refuse to debate with someone who proposes obfuscation as a substitute for logic.
05-13-2012, 06:21 AM
I agree with Rocky.

????????????????
05-13-2012, 03:13 PM
(05-13-2012 12:14 AM)chucknance Wrote:  ='theMadJW' pid='114199' dateline='1336872673']

Quote:That is pure church dogma unrelated to the Bible.

Nonsense.

What do you mean by church dogma? What church, what dogma? Your statement is very ambiguous. What do you mean by "he CONTINUED living as an immortal soul?"

State your position!

I refuse to debate with someone who proposes obfuscation as a substitute for logic.

Refuse all you wish; why not ask FIRST, as you just have?

We JWs actually believe Jesus was DEAD those 3 days- not ALIVE as an 'immortal soul'...YOU?
05-13-2012, 05:44 PM
So JW believe that once you Die...that is it then? Do not believe in the soul?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forgiveness - How the Christian God Holds Mankind to a Higher Standard than Himself Fender 44 3,111 02-16-2013 11:55 PM
Last Post: Fender

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)