Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did Muhammad see God?
07-12-2013, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 11:50 PM by shiverleaf15.)
Did Muhammad see God?
In Muhammad's Mi'raj or ascension to the seven heavens, it is said he met many prophets like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham, and in the end he met God himself, and was told by God to tell Muslims to pray fifty times a day, but Muhammad felt that was too much so eventually it got reduced.

The question I have is:

Did Muhammad see God?

Does anyone know any additional information about what Muhammad experienced when he went to the seventh heaven? Or any information about Muhammad seeing God?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Did Muhammad see God?
(How can he see the GOD , the veil of God Almighty is light.This is what the Prophet see.

Surah Al-Isra
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far Distant place of worship the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He, only He, is the Hearer, the Seer. (1)

READ what God said to His Prophet Muhammad in response to what you say
Surah Al-Anaam

Vision comprehendeth Him not, but He comprehendeth (all) vision. He is the Subtile, the Aware. (103) Proofs have come unto you from your Lord, so whoso seeth, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind to his own hurt. And I am not a keeper over you. (104) Thus do We display Our revelations that they may say (unto thee, Muhammad): "Thou hast studied," and that We may make (it) clear for people who have knowledge. (105) Follow that which is inspired in thee from thy Lord; there is no God save Him; and turn away from the idolaters. (106)
07-14-2013, 02:18 PM
So God was concealed by a veil of light, and Muhammad just saw that light and not God?

Ah, interesting. Thanks for explaining.
07-15-2013, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 03:47 AM by kinz.)
So Muhammad was concealed by a veil of light not the God , and Muhammad just saw that light and not God
READ Sweetheart,
My brother this Sura will keeps sufficient for all the words of human beings, it's the word of God to His Prophet:

Surah An-Najm
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

By the Star when it setteth, (1) Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived; (2) Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. (3) It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired, (4) Which one of mighty powers hath taught him, (5) One vigorous; and he grew clear to view (6) When he was on the uppermost horizon. (7) Then he drew nigh and came down (8) Till he was (distant) two bows' length or even nearer, (9) And He revealed unto His slave that which He revealed. (10) The heart lied not (in seeing) what it saw. (11) Will ye then dispute with him concerning what he seeth? (12) And verily he saw him yet another time (13) By the lote-tree of the utmost boundary, (14) Nigh unto which is the Garden of Abode. (15) When that which shroudeth did enshroud the lote-tree, (16) The eye turned not aside nor yet was overbold. (17) Verily he saw one of the greater revelations of his Lord. (18)

Mohammad saw the angel Gabriel two times this what he said

read carefully:
The heart lied not (in seeing) what it saw. (11) Will ye then dispute with him concerning what he seeth? (12) And verily he saw him yet another time (13) By the lote-tree of the utmost boundary, (14) Nigh unto which is the Garden of Abode. (15) When that which shroudeth did enshroud the lote-tree, (16) The eye turned not aside nor yet was overbold. (17) Verily he saw one of the greater revelations of his Lord. (18)
Verily he saw one of the greater revelations of his Lord. (18)

Do you think that this is something normal and not important
07-15-2013, 12:44 PM
no one saw God, and no one will see him except in paradise

Click Here to know more about Islam
07-15-2013, 06:13 PM
(07-15-2013 12:44 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  no one saw God, and no one will see him except in paradise

We will see God in paradise?

Hm, what does that mean?

How can you see the omnipotent and omniscient except he expands your mind into being omnipotent and omniscient too?

Otherwise you're only seen God in part.
07-16-2013, 01:11 AM
A Hadith tradition goes something like this:

"His beauty hath no veiling save light, His face no covering save revelation."

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
07-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks for sharing that Hadith, arthra.

So it seems Allah can't be seen, just his veil of light? Interesting (:
07-16-2013, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 11:03 AM by KAYSER.)
(07-15-2013 06:13 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  We will see God in paradise?

Hm, what does that mean?
which part didn't you understand? I thought it is very clear!!

(07-15-2013 06:13 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  How can you see the omnipotent and omniscient except he expands your mind into being omnipotent and omniscient too?

Otherwise you're only seen God in part.

Why not? Actually that is one of the blessing that is given to us in Heaven.

(07-16-2013 01:48 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  Thanks for sharing that Hadith, arthra.

So it seems Allah can't be seen, just his veil of light? Interesting (:

Why is everything interesting to you?

Click Here to know more about Islam
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
(07-12-2013 11:49 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  In Muhammad's Mi'raj or ascension to the seven heavens, it is said he met many prophets like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham, and in the end he met God himself, and was told by God to tell Muslims to pray fifty times a day, but Muhammad felt that was too much so eventually it got reduced.

The question I have is:

Did Muhammad see God?

Does anyone know any additional information about what Muhammad experienced when he went to the seventh heaven? Or any information about Muhammad seeing God?

Mee'raj (ascension) is a very covered mystery. it is not an usual occurrence and humans are not able to dive in this great ocean and reach its bed. This mystery has even been covered from many angels and prophets. The only angels that could to go up along with Mohammad was Gabriel ( Gabriel is called the messenger of heaven and he is the only archangel that could to go in the nearest situation to God). Anyhow I am not interested to say more about Mee'raj (ascension ) but I reply your question. You asked : " Did Muhammad see God? ". This question frequently had been asked of Mohammad himself. The question was thus : " have you seen your Lord yet? " And the respond of Mohammad was this : " I have seen him by my heart eyes " ( Not by physical eyes. Because God's essence is not as materials to be recognizable and provable by earthy sciences and tools ).
Also it asked of Imam Ali : O master of believers, have you seen your Lord yet" ? He replied : " Do I worship who I don't see him ?! " The meaning of this sentence is the same that Mohammad said.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)