Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did you see the library of creation?
12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Did you see the library of creation?
I saw thif blog that is wonderfull. I recommend this blog .you can watch movie also you can read gorgeous books and....etc. have a good time.
http://www.thelibraryofcreation.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2010, 10:41 PM
RE: Did you see the library of creation?
This is an obvious example of people trying to dominate people's views of reality with scripture contrary to the evidence.

Harun Yahya
Notice that it is full of advertisements to harunyahya.org which is a site for brainwashing, created by one of the most notorious Islamic spreaders of disinformation. He uses many logcal fallacies such as:
- Argument from personal incredulity - I don't bother to look at the evidence enough to be convinced by evolution. Therefore evolution is false.
- Straw man argument - People who think evolution is true think that everything can come from nothing.
Might I add: an ironic statement from someone who thinks that Allah came from nowhere (because he is supposedly eternal) and then used magic to make everything from nothing. He seems to attack his own stand more than the opponents.

The list goes on and on and on. I will not bore you without request.

The evidence for evolution
The fact of evolution has a higher consensus in scientific literature than holocaust has in historical literature. Seriously, show me one Phd in biology who doesn't think that evolution has taken place.

In every life form we come across the genetical similarity between all of them is stunning. They fall into a hierarchy so elegant that if the different species are not related, they have been created in a malevolent fashion to mislead humanity. The morphology of the same species match the same hierarchy. The embryological hierarchy matches too. The same goes for palentological findings.

There is also no better explanation for the origin of variations within genomes. None.

As for the blog itself.

The Argument from Human Perfection
This is one of the most fallacious arguments possible. The argument goes something like this:
"Look, here is a really neat thing about the human body. It must be made by God."

If it isn't obvious that this is fallacious argument let's have a look at the rather less divine parts of the human atonomy.

1. The appendix

Here is a neat little thing that lives in your guts and does you no good unless you happen to want to die a painful death. It is a relic of our earlier mammal form when we needed it as a filter for our digestion system. Now it just catches some filth and blows up inside your stomach causing immense amounts of pain and if not removed death. God's design?

2. The Eye

This is a favourite of creationists all over the world. The eye is truly a useful thing. It opens a world for us that astonishes us in an instant. Is this not divine? Well, if the deity is a sloppy one, perhaps. There is a blind spot in our eyes. One in each. Surely not the work of an omnipotent, omniscient being.

3. Ectopic Pregnancy

In females a fertilized egg can get lodged before it gets to the uterus. This causes a misplaced growing fetus which means that either the fetus must be destroyed or the mother and the fetus will die. The mother will experience lots of pain in the latter scenario.

4. The Spine

It isn't adapted for upright walking because we just started doing it (in the big picture).

Still not convinced? I recommend the books of Richard Dawkins (the blind Watchmaker and The Ancestor's tale in particular) and the YouTube videos of Aronra and Thunderf00t.
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
One word: Platypus
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
(01-02-2010 10:48 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  One word: Platypus

2nded.
01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
What exactly did the Platypus evolve from anyways? Is it just a first of its kind or is it really an example of Creation in the world today?
01-02-2010, 11:50 PM
(01-02-2010 11:03 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  What exactly did the Platypus evolve from anyways? Is it just a first of its kind or is it really an example of Creation in the world today?

Geeze, I'm simultaneously having this debate with a guy over at Politicalforum.com. But you guys are a lot nicer than he is. He's just... well, he's one of those people who has no problem lying to defend intelligent design.

Basically it comes down to this. We know vaguely where platypuses fit in in the evolutionary timescale. We've found fossils of other species that are like platypuses, and we've found genetic markers that link it to both mammals and reptiles. But scientists have not quite figured out exactly where platypuses branch off from the evolutionary tree. Indeed, platypuses are the subject of some fascinating research in evolutionary science.

But lets get one thing straight, they do not contradict evolutionary theory. We are not certain how they fit in, but there are many valid theories on how they could fit in. It's not like discovering, say, a cambrian-era chicken, which would actually disprove evolution. Think of the platypus like black holes 50 years ago. We think they're out there, we have a few ideas how they could work, but we don't have conclusive evidence yet. And just like we eventually actually observed black holes, and figured out how they work, we will eventually figure out exactly where the platypus fits on the evolutionary tree.

Until then, well, it's somewhere between mammal and reptile, but closer to mammal, and something really weird went on with its sex chromosomes that we haven't quite figured out yet, but it does fit in there somewhere.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes, I do believe in evolution, but this animal has really been killing me as to what its origins are.
01-26-2010, 07:47 PM
(01-26-2010 05:27 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  Yes, I do believe in evolution, but this animal has really been killing me as to what its origins are.

Here is some commentary about the platypus relative to creationist arguments and actual science.

The summary:

"In summary, the features of the living platypus, and the evidence available from its scanty fossil record, are both consistent with the idea that it has evolved from primitive mammals which still had many reptilian characteristics."
01-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm just happy that Noah saved some of the marsupials and then put them on his truck and drove them to the Antipodes. My only question is was it a Ford?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)