Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disappointment
08-09-2011, 03:53 AM
Disappointment
All in all I've had a pretty craptastic afternoon.

To start with I accidentally delete 3 hours worth of work and then when I got home I found out that a musical festival that I had been looking forward to for months has been cancelled. Sad

It was such an awesome line up;
Van Halen (USA), Alice Cooper (USA), Bad Religion (USA), Machine Head (USA), Hole (USA), Danzig (USA), The Used (USA), All Time Low (USA), Alterbridge (United States), Thrice (USA), Kvelertak, Sum 41 (Canada), Thursday (USA), Yellowcard (USA), Holy Grail (USA), Times Of Grace, Unearth (USA), Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (USA), Funeral for a Friend (Wales), Steel Panther (USA), Devin Townsend Project (Canada), Black Veil Brides (USA), We Are The In Crowd, Zebrahead, The Dangerous Summer (USA), Set Your Goals (USA), hellogoodbye (USA), The Word Alive (USA), HELLYEAH (USA), The Damned Things (USA), In This Moment, Skindred (Wales), Whitechapel (USA), Every Time I Die (USA), The Acacia Strain (USA), Madina Lake, Make Do And Mend (USA), We Are the Ocean, Story of the Year (USA), Four Year Strong (USA), Terrible Things (USA), The Swellers (USA), This Providence, The Young Guns, Panic at the Disco (USA), Hatebreed (USA), Hollywood Undead (USA), Street Dogs (USA), Watain, Cro-Mags (USA), The Sisters of Mercy (UK), Dashboard Confessional (USA), Devin Townsend Project (Canada), Gojira (France), Face to Face, Relient K (USA), Versaemerge (USA), Zebrahead, Terrible Things (USA), Kevin Devine (USA), The Pretty Reckless (USA), The Word Alive (USA), Framing Hanley (USA), Attack! Attack! (UK), Alesana

Some minor consolation is that some of the bands will be performing at a "mini-festival". If Bad Religion aren't one of them heads are going to roll!

That's all, I just wanted to [censored] about it and my wife was being entirely unsympathetic!

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 04:32 AM
RE: Disappointment
And then your boys jumping all over you made it better Smile

????????????????
08-09-2011, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 06:53 AM by Flipper.)
Oh yeah, cos they're being real angels at the moment. Imagine 3 two year olds with colds and teething! And people think this place is an asylum! I come here for a sanity break!Smile

But when they walk up to you and say "Hugs" all is right with the world.

08-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Yeah that's what I meant.Cool

????????????????
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Look at it this way Flip - you will be saved from actually having to watch Panic! At! The! Disco!, or trying frantically to find a food vendor in order to stuff sausages in your ears to block the sound.
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Flip, that's a rubbish thing to happen. Last month I went to see a band I'd been waiting 15 years to see, and the singer didn't show up, so I feel your pain.
08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Just looking over the band list again and because I'm anal that way I have to point out that Watain aren't an American band, they're Swedish, but perhaps that's just a typo on your part. I've seen them twice - lots of evILE fun. Aside from my earlier joke I do sympathize with you regarding the cancellation. I was incredibly disappointed not long ago when Baroness cancelled a show I had waited half a year to see.
08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
It was a bit of a blow when it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to Alice Cooper, Sisters of Mercy, Face to Face, Danzig and Bad Religion in particular and hoping to check out a few bands I had never heard or seen before.

I didn't actually type that list out Vis, I'm far to lazy for that, I just cut and paste from a website. So I take no responsibility for any errors! Big Grin

There was supposed to be a second announcement including a co-headliner but they pull out so they blew off the whole festival. I was stoked with the line-up the way it was!

It is rumoured that Limp F*cksticks (Bizkit) were the culprits, which if true, is even more reason to hate them!

It was also rumoured Manowar was going to be there as well which, again if true, I would have been keen to check out. In nothing else but a point of reference.

08-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I saw a recent televised Alice Cooper gig - Vincent's adult daughter plays a prominent role in his stage show, and I can say that old Vince has fared much better than Ozzy regarding his ability to still perform. It's all very silly of course (the antics) but hey - it's Alice. It's what you expect. I enjoyed it.
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM
(08-09-2011 11:35 PM)Visqueen Wrote:  I saw a recent televised Alice Cooper gig - Vincent's adult daughter plays a prominent role in his stage show, and I can say that old Vince has fared much better than Ozzy regarding his ability to still perform. It's all very silly of course (the antics) but hey - it's Alice. It's what you expect. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, he's more into golf nowadays than biting the heads off small creatures! Hopefully I will still get a chance to see him.

Funny how if I did I would be the 2nd generation in my family to have witnessed the spectacle! My old man saw him decades ago and it was him who got me onto Alice Cooper.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happiness and Disappointment EqualAtheist 4 641 06-15-2012 08:36 AM
Last Post: Rising Sun

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)