Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discuss
08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Discuss
You are all mad needy fools who have no real faith in yourselves.
Discuss...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 06:52 PM by Zagreus.)
RE: Discuss
I think perhaps you shouldn't assume things about people.

Some people aren't religious on this forum. Some people are just intelligent enough to find the subject interesting.

Other people are religious, and have the intelligence to research their beliefs, and discuss it with people who believe other things.

Some people think they are all clever because they don't believe in a deity, and try to wave their willy around on a religion forum, but soon realise they're just being an idiot.

Oh, and lots are spam-bots too.
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
(08-01-2010 06:51 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  I think perhaps you shouldn't assume things about people.

Some people aren't religious on this forum. Some people are just intelligent enough to find the subject interesting.

Other people are religious, and have the intelligence to research their beliefs, and discuss it with people who believe other things.

Some people think they are all clever because they don't believe in a deity, and try to wave their willy around on a religion forum, but soon realise they're just being an idiot.

......wonder which catergory i fit in....
08-01-2010, 07:04 PM
You're a category of your own, Hillbilly Wink
08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
(08-01-2010 03:55 PM)shaunsouthern Wrote:  You are all mad needy fools who have no real faith in yourselves.
Discuss...

You obviously aren't trying to illicit discussion so much as troll, I think, but let me touch on this.

No, I'm not mad. I have researched many things thoroughly, and given what I've found, I've decided that I find my faith to be the most logical option. Obviously, others disagree with me, that's fine. Am I needy? Not particularly. Everyone goes through rough times, but I don't turn to Bondye in those times either, I rely on myself and my abilities rather than looking for supernatural help or a deux ex machina.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
(08-01-2010 03:55 PM)shaunsouthern Wrote:  You are all mad needy fools who have no real faith in yourselves.
Discuss...

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.
hebrews 11;1
08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
(08-01-2010 06:51 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  I think perhaps you shouldn't assume things about people.

Myself, I've surrendered to following the will of God or is that the willy of God, things get so confusing at times..Sad
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I have found, through careful and quiet observation, that people who spend a lot of time picking on other people's beliefs are as hollow and empty as a well that has been dry for years. It is almost as if these types of people don't know what they believe or even care to think about others at all. Sometimes these people jump on bandwagons and ride them out till a new one comes along. Maybe it's because God hasn't touched them yet, I don't know, but I wish there was a way to talk to people about a better way of life without them blowing up on us.

God Bless
08-02-2010, 01:58 AM
(08-01-2010 11:59 PM)huddleheir Wrote:  I have found, through careful and quiet observation, that people who spend a lot of time picking on other people's beliefs are as hollow and empty as a well that has been dry for years. It is almost as if these types of people don't know what they believe or even care to think about others at all.

Whilst I think the hollow comment might be a tad harsh, I can see what you're saying. It's not just applicable to atheists either, which is who I presume that comment is directed. I am not a fan of atheists who seem to think they are more intelligent than people of faith, but religious people can be equally guilty of spending a lot of time picking on people's beliefs.

Some of the Christians and Muslims on this forum can be guilty of things tipping over from conversation into mocking the other faith's beliefs (which is a bit silly, when you're both wrong! Tongue )

Hey, look, troll might have started a conversation!
08-02-2010, 02:46 AM
(08-02-2010 01:58 AM)Zagreus Wrote:  
(08-01-2010 11:59 PM)huddleheir Wrote:  I have found, through careful and quiet observation, that people who spend a lot of time picking on other people's beliefs are as hollow and empty as a well that has been dry for years. It is almost as if these types of people don't know what they believe or even care to think about others at all.

Whilst I think the hollow comment might be a tad harsh, I can see what you're saying. It's not just applicable to atheists either, which is who I presume that comment is directed. I am not a fan of atheists who seem to think they are more intelligent than people of faith, but religious people can be equally guilty of spending a lot of time picking on people's beliefs.

Some of the Christians and Muslims on this forum can be guilty of things tipping over from conversation into mocking the other faith's beliefs (which is a bit silly, when you're both wrong! Tongue )

Hey, look, troll might have started a conversation!

Sorry for not elaborating on the people i aimed my comment towards. I meant that towards people in general. It seems as though I am always surrounded by hollow, empty people. I sometimes get the impression while being in a public place that a large percentage of them don't know who or why they are here, kind of like the origin of this thread.

God Bless

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which section of the "Discuss Religions" sections would UU or Quaker discussion go? Troubadour 2 448 01-14-2014 02:11 PM
Last Post: Troubadour
  Comments and Questions Regarding Christianity - Please Discuss someguy 11 1,821 12-26-2013 08:36 PM
Last Post: prizebeatz1
  Want to discuss or debate??? Pastor Mal 1 369 11-29-2013 09:52 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)