Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM

Scripture says that God is the epitome of all attributes.

We are not to place anyone above or below God as He is the alpha and the omega of all things. The last word, the beginning and end of all attributes and issues.

He wrote the tree of knowledge of good and evil and we are not to add to it.

It is said that the Bible can only be judged for it’s morality by itself and that we are not to add or subtract from it.
This tells me that the tree of good and evil is within it’s own pages.

If the Bible is to judge itself, it must be read the way I read it.

Seeing the O T as the evil side of God, and reading the N T as the good part of God.
The O T God is arguably immoral as He goes about taking sides and killing all opposition to the point of showing his worst with the genocide of man and animal in Noah’s day.
It can also be argued that archetypal Jesus went a bit too far the other way with loving sinners and turning the other cheek.

In my revue of the Bible, God was judged to be less moral by Eve, after she had become as a Goddess after eating/judging of the knowledge God could give her of good and evil from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

As God Himself says in Genesis, His way was good or very good.
It took Eve to make the upgrade to evolving perfection in terms of what was good for mankind and this is why she enticed Adam and ignored God‘s command.

She knew, with her perfect knowledge of morals, from a human perspective, with her God given instincts, what was better for mankind.

Blessed be Eve. The true God/Goddess of this world.

God recognized this as fact and that is why He has washed His hands of us and knows that the perfection that He created is well capable of self rule and dominion.

That is why He gave us dominion in Genesis and why He has never returned to make any adjustments to His perfect systems.

Eve showed us the path to our glorious history.

A slight digression there but to continue.

I believe that O T as the evil part of the tree of knowledge and the N T as the good part is how the Bible writers set up the Bible. This view is re-enforced by the fact that they show the O T laws being supplanted by the N T laws to help guide us to peace and prosperity.

We have just not quite yet found a live Jesus like character as described by the archetype Jesus to be our redeemer. The end time is the Bibles promise that this will eventually happen but we are not there yet.

My question is simple.

Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?

Is that why archetypal Jesus declared, heaven only through me, and effectively killed off the O T God ?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2010, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2010 04:15 PM by Stereophonic.)
RE: Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?
(03-19-2010 03:21 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

In the Old Testament, we see evidence of God's frustration with people for their stubbornness. God tries everything in the book, so to speak, to get people to change their ways, but they won't. Thus, God has to take matters into his own hands, which is what we see in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

(03-19-2010 03:21 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?...

Now that God has taken matters into his own hands by coming to earth as a human in Jesus of Nazareth, God has finally found a way to forgive humans (on the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus' perfect life) without thereby condoning the evil that humans do. Moreover, Jesus is now our intercessor with God; Jesus understands first-hand all of our weaknesses and our temptations, and Jesus himself offers his unlimited righteousness to atone for our sins.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-21-2010, 02:27 PM
(03-19-2010 03:48 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-19-2010 03:21 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

In the Old Testament, we see evidence of God's frustration with people for their stubbornness. God tries everything in the book, so to speak, to get people to change their ways, but they won't. Thus, God has to take matters into his own hands, which is what we see in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

(03-19-2010 03:21 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?...

Now that God has taken matters into his own hands by coming to earth as a human in Jesus of Nazareth, God has finally found a way to forgive humans (on the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus' perfect life) without thereby condoning the evil that humans do. Moreover, Jesus is now our intercessor with God; Jesus understands first-hand all of our weaknesses and our temptations, and Jesus himself offers his unlimited righteousness to atone for our sins.

Sure.

Jesus to God-- Watcha doing dad? just finishing my perfect plan. I am writing where you go down and die because humans will not do as designed to do. Eh, I guess that you have forgotten that Gods cannot die. Have you forgotten your meds again?

The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus was refused by God. As it should have been. It was immoral.

Why have you forsaken me is answered here.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Stop trying to ride a scapegoat into heaven. That does not please God.

Scripture says that we are to help carry the cross, not ride the thing.

Regards
DL

No choice.
03-21-2010, 03:45 PM
(03-21-2010 02:27 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(03-19-2010 03:48 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  

Sure.

Jesus to God-- Watcha doing dad? just finishing my perfect plan. I am writing where you go down and die because humans will not do as designed to do. Eh, I guess that you have forgotten that Gods cannot die. Have you forgotten your meds again?

The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus was refused by God. As it should have been. It was immoral.

Why have you forsaken me is answered here.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Stop trying to ride a scapegoat into heaven. That does not please God.

Scripture says that we are to help carry the cross, not ride the thing.

Regards
DL

You got that right about vicarious sin atonement. It never did make any sense because if Jesus was a god he was by definition immortal and could never experience the fear and agony of death like a mortal would knowing he could never really die. And about carrying that cross business. Just how does one carry a 250 lb. Roman crucifixion cross? Oh, it's a metaphor for facing our crucial life tests...are we sure? As some of you may know who've studied Gnosticism we Gnostic Christians have never been that fond of the crucifixion cross because we don't understand why Christians would want to make a torture device the symbol of Christianity. What happened to the Pisces fish symbol for Christianity which the earlier one before Constantin's mother claimed to find a piece of the "true cross" and off Christianity went with glorification of the crucifixion cross.

Here is the cross I am willing to bear for Jesus:

[Image: ankh9-1.jpg]

Yes, it's an Egyptian cross, the ankh cross and here's why I think esoteric interpretation of the NT references may indicate Jesus was referring to this cross that has always symbolized Life and resurrection to eternal life for Egyptians. We must remember Mark the writer of the primary Gospel of Jesus Christ was writing from Alexandria, Egypt and like Jesus before him who also spent enough time in Egypt to become familiar with their religious icons, I think there's hidden spiritual knowledge in this reference by John the Baptist to the ankh cross, also the same word for "sandal strap".

"And he preached, saying 'There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose." Mk 1:7

Not only was "ankh" the same name for sandal strap and for the Egyptian cross, there was an Egyptian secret knowledge attached to the one who could "loosen" the "Knot of Isis" which the ankh sandal strap configuration represented. That one would learn the secret of eternal life. Only the gods and pharaohs of Egypt carried ankhs. Here's Horus carrying his ankh. A whole lot easier to carry than that impossible crucifixion cross and a whole lot more relevant to representing resurrection to eternal life.

[Image: 180px-Horus_standingsvg.png]

"Out of Egypt I called My Son."
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
(03-21-2010 03:45 PM)biomystic Wrote:  ...if Jesus was a god he was by definition immortal and could never experience the fear and agony of death like a mortal would knowing he could never really die...

I guess you're forgetting about God becoming human in Jesus of Nazareth. In becoming human, Jesus emptied himself of his divine powers and relied on faith, just as all humans need to do.

03-23-2010, 09:17 AM
(03-21-2010 03:56 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-21-2010 03:45 PM)biomystic Wrote:  ...if Jesus was a god he was by definition immortal and could never experience the fear and agony of death like a mortal would knowing he could never really die...

I guess you're forgetting about God becoming human in Jesus of Nazareth. In becoming human, Jesus emptied himself of his divine powers and relied on faith, just as all humans need to do.

You change a trinity to a foursome.

God the father
God the son
Jesus the human half of God the son
The holy spirit.

Holy Christ, that is four.

The Godhead is getting crowded.

So such for monotheism.

Regards
DL

No choice.
03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
It's interesting that you believe you are in a position to judge God.

????????????????
03-23-2010, 09:22 AM
(03-23-2010 09:17 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...God the son...Jesus the human half of God the son...

The Christian Church has already deemed it impossible to "split Jesus into two," so to speak. The early creeds make this quite clear.

03-23-2010, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010 09:30 AM by Greatest I am.)
biomystic

I think that in Christianity, the cross was to represent the sins of the world.
That is why it became the icon that it is today even as it has lost that meaning.
That is why I say we are all to carry our own cross/sin and resposibility for them and not try to use Jesus as a scapegoat.

Regards
DL
(03-23-2010 09:20 AM)kevlar Wrote:  It's interesting that you believe you are in a position to judge God.

Why not?
Who else can?
Are we not all sons of God?

Do ye not know that ye are Gods?

Have you not judged your God to be good and is that not why you follow Him?

Is so then you also have to give Him the gold for evil otherwise, you break the 1 st commandment.

Get it?

Regards
DL
(03-23-2010 09:22 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(03-23-2010 09:17 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...God the son...Jesus the human half of God the son...

The Christian Church has already deemed it impossible to "split Jesus into two," so to speak. The early creeds make this quite clear.

Most Christians I chat with are still selling the Jesus is 100% God and 100% B S.

Then again, most R C read the Bible literally while the Popes say not to.

Regards
DL

No choice.
03-23-2010, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010 09:39 AM by kevlar.)
Quote:greatest wrote

Why not?
Who else can?
Are we not all sons of God?

Do ye not know that ye are Gods?

Have you not judged your God to be good and is that not why you follow Him?

Is so then you also have to give Him the gold for evil otherwise, you break the 1 st commandment.

Get it?

Regards
DL

You have me confused with someone who whorships a book.
I am smart enough to know that I can never even comprehend God much less judge HIM
I am smart enough to understand no other man can either.
Just try to comprehend the creator of everything.................mind boggling isn't it?

????????????????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is good about the Biblical god? Goldenrain 3 168 09-14-2017 08:44 AM
Last Post: Alexa
  The Standards of Good (Kind) People and Bad (Evil) People ivysunday 7 263 07-06-2017 02:24 AM
Last Post: ivysunday
  Samael: good or evil? HeathenHero95 15 3,767 06-21-2017 04:37 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Is God an Evil Tyrant? HongXiuquan 52 5,695 07-12-2015 02:20 AM
  Why did God create Evil? thepractice 134 6,239 01-22-2014 01:02 AM
  Is becoming like God good or evil? Greatest I am 44 3,878 01-14-2014 02:36 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  Partially evil supreme god sarahluvscandy 15 1,550 02-19-2013 08:02 PM
Last Post: Morgenstern
  When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does? Greatest I am 3 868 09-03-2012 09:23 PM
Last Post: damned2hell
  Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God? Greatest I am 16 2,513 08-29-2012 08:23 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  If there is a God, why is there so much pain, misery, disease, evil and generally bad CraigFox 67 13,098 07-20-2012 09:47 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)