Do you hav read the holy QURAN?
Read the holy QURAN first and we will discos bout wat in said the holy QURAN
if you dont hav-it in your languish just downloadit from this link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DXXER4RM
there you will get the translation in 24 languish
when u finish readin it we will talk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 10:19 AM by moslemman.)
RE: Do you know the holly QURAN
(10-03-2009 11:32 AM)janoun2003 Wrote:  Do you know the holy QURAN?
Do you hav read the holy QURAN?
Read the holy QURAN first and we will discos bout wat in said the holy QURAN
if you dont hav-it in your languish just downloadit from this link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DXXER4RM
there you will get the translation in 24 languish
when u finish readin it we will talk
you mean translation of meanings
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
(10-06-2009 10:07 AM)moslemman Wrote:  you mean translation of meanings

Moslemman, do you mind if I ask why you are so particular over this? 'Translation of meanings' isn't actually great English, so it seems a peculiar phrase to insist on using. A translation is simply a rendering from one language to another, so a translation of the Qur'an is simply a person's attempt to show the meaning of the Arabic words in another language. The word 'translation' pretty much says what you are trying to say anyway.

I do not mean offence by this, I am just curious. I'm presuming from some of your other posts that English is not your first language, so please do not take this as an insult. Out of interest, what is your first language? Is it Arabic?
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I think it might have something to do with the belief that any translation of the Quran is not the Quran. Muslims make a very clear distinction on this (and thus neatly avoid the plight of fundamentalist Christians who think a particular English translation is accurate.)

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
That's the impression I get too, but the fact that you even wrote 'I think' indicates you're not sure either. I meant the question as a friendly comment.

janoun2003 is clearly a Muslim too, so surely pointing out that a translation is not the word of God would be a bit unnecessary. If English is not Moslemman's first language, then I would be merely helping him phrase it better, that's all.
10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Eh, true. Again, we are discussing complex issues in which semantics are important. If you don't speak English well, that is a serious obstacle to any discussion here, due to the fact that it's difficult to know what you're talking about.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Still doesn't mean we can't try. Their English is better than my Arabic (for example, I'm not saying all Muslims speak Arabic!) As long as people don't take offence we can work past slight barriers in language, surely.

(GT: "Yes, and don't call me Shirley")
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
pls i mean th translation of the meaning of the holy Quran, is real the english is my third languish so pls forgiv m for the languish mistek ,
and we can help ech other to explain mor for ech other ,
thanks
10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Mistakes are fine, especially as English is your third language! You're making a good attempt.

You are right, we can help each other and explain the ideas. My question was to Moslemman about the words. 'there you will get the translation in 24 languish' reads ok in my opinion; 'translation of the meaning' is a little unnecessary and not grammatically correct.

Anyway, Janoun, what did you want to talk about regarding Qur'an?
10-10-2009, 04:46 AM
how can we distribute the copy of the holy QURAN for the mor possible people no muslem by the net?
just to explain for who dont know the holy QURAN,
the holy QURAN is different from ally this negative propaganda against the islam,

how can we??????????????????????

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)