Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Do you think God is an "Individual"?
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Do you think God is an "Individual"?
Do you think God himself has the characteristics of a human, maybe even such like a sense of humour?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
RE: Do you think God is an "Individual"?
Bon Dieu, God, no, the lwa, yes.
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
(01-12-2010 06:57 PM)camycam178 Wrote:  Do you think God himself has the characteristics of a human, maybe even such like a sense of humour?

Jesus was God in human flesh--so yes, since God created humans according to God's own image, and since God took on human flesh, Christians know that God shares many characteristics with humans.

Jesus had a sense of humor, as is evidenced by many of his sayings and parables.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Which version of god are we talking about here? Most gods do have some sort of human element. The Christian god certainly displays vengeance, pettiness, cruelty, as well as love, repentance, and kindness. The sort of mix you would find from humanity. Allah has some human nature, but not as much as the Christian god (and mostly on the vengeance side). Most Hindu gods have a lot of correlation to humans, but the main being that they are all part of is distinctly inhuman, and in fact encompasses all. Deistic gods are certainly not human.

The interesting thing about gods is that they basically come in three varieties: infinite, absent, and human. An infinite god encompasses everything, and thus cannot be human exclusively (though humanity is part of it.) Such a god has no real direction, since they are infinite and encompass all direction. Then there are absent gods, which mostly falls under deism. Such a god is not human, because they really don't do anything.

But pretty much universally if a god supposedly interacts with the world, or has a particular plan, or espouses a particular ideology directly (as in, do this because god says so), they are very human indeed. The reason for this is rather obvious if you think about it. Humans invent these myths, and thus humans form the template. It is very hard for a human to think in a completely non-human way. Even masters of such tales, like H.P. Lovecraft, do this mostly by not describing the beings themselves but rather by describing their effects on others.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-15-2010, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010 10:35 PM by Venedi Sporoi.)
No. The Slavic creator does not interact with humans, did not intend to create them, and is not concerned with terrestrial affairs. What affairs he is concerned with are not well understood, and presumably inscrutable. The deities beneath him which he created to govern Earth seem half-akin to humans and half not, and for them I'd say yes.
01-16-2010, 06:46 AM
(01-12-2010 07:34 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(01-12-2010 06:57 PM)camycam178 Wrote:  Do you think God himself has the characteristics of a human, maybe even such like a sense of humour?

Jesus was God in human flesh--so yes, since God created humans according to God's own image, and since God took on human flesh, Christians know that God shares many characteristics with humans.

Jesus had a sense of humor, as is evidenced by many of his sayings and parables.

If you can show any verse where Jesus said that he is God, in human flesh, I wil believe you.
Also, if you say Jesus is God, it means he is contradicting Bible as well,

GOD: His contradictory attributes— (a) "No man hath seen God at any time John 1: 18 (b) " (God) whom no man hath seen, nor can see .,."I TIMOTHY 6:16 © "And he (God) said, Thou canst see my face: for there shall no man see me, and 1ive. EXODUS 33:20

Contradicted by: (a) "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend Exodus 33:11 (b) 'And they (Moses, Aaron and seventy others) saw the God of Israel . ." EXODUS 24:10 © "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved GENESIS 32:30

And as a special favour God shows his back parts to Moses "And I (God) will take away my hand and thou shalt see my back parts . . . " EXODUS 33:23

If Jesus is God, christians claim that he died for their sins, so what kind of god is this that died?
01-24-2010, 08:37 AM
There have been confusion in Christianity that God and Jesus are one. The Bible clearly says that Jesus is the son of God. How can one be a son can at the same time be the father of one's own? It is clearly a wrong teaching and misunderstanding. Today people tend to listen to the "majority" of the belief. (e.g., because my pastors say so, so I believe). Remember that Jesus proclaimed that "be careful of the Teachers of the Law, the Pharisees and Sadducee". Even today we have to careful about people who teach about God but without much understanding. God is the God of truth and of reason. Through reasoning we can also understand God.

God and Jesus are have separate entity although their source of love, heart and will are exactly the same. God and Jesus do not share the same body, and they also have different thoughts, personalities and characters. For example, God is very authoritative and directive but at the same time very powerful in His action. Jesus is very humble and understanding and always try to take care and embrace people. Reading the entire Bible, God and Jesus' characters are very different although they both love human beings ve character very much.
01-24-2010, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2010 11:58 AM by KAMONRA.)
well gods are individuals ... the meaning of god is the lesser being proceeding from Amen and Amenette. The supreme being is of course all .. so yes and no ... See that is the power of the supreme being if you ask a question about the supreme being the answer would allways be yes and no ..for that is the definition of being all ..It can not be described by one life form It takes all life toghether to do such..unsolvable paradox ..sort of like being the inverse aswell
If i had to give a definitive answer it would be NO .. because it seems the great gods the sun and earth which i call geological life forms, mate , and then have biological life produce out of it. It is obvious we are those biological life forms ...so maybe in a sense the answer could be YES since we are the children ??? this question is confusing ????
(01-16-2010 06:46 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  
(01-12-2010 07:34 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  

If you can show any verse where Jesus said that he is God, in human flesh, I wil believe you.
Also, if you say Jesus is God, it means he is contradicting Bible as well,

GOD: His contradictory attributes— (a) "No man hath seen God at any time John 1: 18 (b) " (God) whom no man hath seen, nor can see .,."I TIMOTHY 6:16 © "And he (God) said, Thou canst see my face: for there shall no man see me, and 1ive. EXODUS 33:20

Contradicted by: (a) "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend Exodus 33:11 (b) 'And they (Moses, Aaron and seventy others) saw the God of Israel . ." EXODUS 24:10 © "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved GENESIS 32:30

And as a special favour God shows his back parts to Moses "And I (God) will take away my hand and thou shalt see my back parts . . . " EXODUS 33:23

If Jesus is God, christians claim that he died for their sins, so what kind of god is this that died?
see in those quotes from the bible... God is misrepresented.... it speaks of the supreme being ..when it talks about " no man hath seen god" The supreme being had many names in many afu- Ra ka countries before egypt. (africa)
01-24-2010, 11:59 AM

It would certainly explain a lot. A God with a trollish sense of humor would make far more sense than a perfect-in-every-way God.
01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
We should not think a bout what is Allah
Or how does he seem
Because
We will never know that in this life
Allah character is

Is the God who is no god but He, Most Merciful, Merciful, the King, Holy Spirit, peace, the believer, the dominant, arrogant, the Creator, humiliating, Hearing, Seeing, governance, justice, gentle, expert, The Great, the Forgiving ,hateful, Sergeant, respondent, wide, wise, loving martyr, right, the agent, the strong, solid, guardian, starter, restorer, the giver of life, the taker of life, , owner of the King, with glory and honor, , rich, harmful, light, magnificent, the rest, governance, patient The Mighty, The Compeller ,The Fashioner, The Forgiver , ,The Best over ,The Provider ,The All Knowing ,The Constrictor ,The Expender, ,The Exalter ,The Honored ,The Forbearing One ,The Appreciative ,The Most High, The Most Great ,The Reckoned ,The Sublime One, The Generous One, The Watchful ,The Most Glorious One, The Resurrected ,The Praiseworthy ,The Reckoned ,The Self-subsisting, The Finder ,The Noble ,The Eternal ,The Able, The Powerful, ,The Delayer ,The First, The Last ,The Manifest, The Hidden, The Governor ,The Source Of All Goodness ,The Acceptor Of Repentance ,The Compassionate ,The Equitable ,The Gatherer ,The Enriched ,The Preventer,,The Guide, The Guide To The Right Path, The Supreme Inheritor
I know, too
That Allah laugh
If the man get up at the night and pray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)