Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does God still speak?
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Does God still speak?
So I was thinking about some of my own experiences and I wanted to get some other input. Do you think God still speaks? Do you think he gives signs, produces miracles, etc to guide us or give us hints or just say "good job"? This goes for everyone, please realize that when I say God I mean whatever higher power you believe in. Also I say "He" not as a sexist thing but just because it is convenient. If God is a female for you then more power to you! Yeah, once I hear some feedback I will share my experiences. I will say I think God does indeed speak these days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
RE: Does God still speak?
I think God does still speak today. It's just just in ways that aren't obvious. It is through the actions of others, or in the way events unfold. I've often had situation where (metaphorically speaking) a door opens right after another one closes, or I learn about something right before it happened to become useful to know it. It seems to happen too often to be coincidence.

I have a quote from the TV show "Futurama" that I like. I know it seems like a dumb place to get religious philosophy from but it was there. There's an episode where Bender meets a talking Nebula in outer space and it's suggested that it is God. When talking to Bender about how to be God it says:

"When you do things right, people aren't sure you've done anything at all."

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2008, 01:53 AM
I believe GOD has always spoken to us and will continue to do so until our end.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
07-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I believe, no doubt, that God still speaks. Audibly, as in human voice? Not like He did with Adam. But I know, and have experienced many occasions, miracles, healings, 'atta-girls' ... comfort, love, peace and kicks in the pants.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
God does speak although he speaks in different ways. For Example:

Praying and Opening your Bible randomly to a verse that "speaks" to you can be one way of God speaking to you.

Another way can be either Dreams or Visions.

In the Pentecostal Denomination they believe that God talks through an individual by prophecies and tongues.

There are plenty of other ways that God can speak to you but I believe these are just a few.

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness~ Albert Einstein

Live like everyday is your last~ Anonymous
08-06-2010, 04:11 PM
(12-02-2007 05:11 PM)God Rocks Wrote:  I think God does still speak today. It's just just in ways that aren't obvious. It is through the actions of others, or in the way events unfold. I've often had situation where (metaphorically speaking) a door opens right after another one closes, or I learn about something right before it happened to become useful to know it. It seems to happen too often to be coincidence.

I have a quote from the TV show "Futurama" that I like. I know it seems like a dumb place to get religious philosophy from but it was there. There's an episode where Bender meets a talking Nebula in outer space and it's suggested that it is God. When talking to Bender about how to be God it says:

Angelic
I can explain your first paragraph. You think anything that has to do with the current unknown has to do with God. Actually, there are "others out" there. I borrowed the term "astral" for that other existence we came from and will return to after our life on Earth is finished. Our family on Earth may or may not be the same as our permanent astral family. Your premonitions probably come from some astral family member who keeps an eye on you, hears you when you think you ask God for something. Given the size of the universe, the number of living things, people, animals, plants, etc, other life supporting planets, do you think it is reasonable to expect God to pay continous attention to you? Then there are the distances. You pray, you get your instant reply, takes no time at all, which would place God right at your doorstep.
Now, for the TV show Futurama. I studied telepathy, wrote about it, published a book about it. Lately I see more and more TV shows apparently taking unauthorized parts of my work. Coincidene? Miracle? God's work? Theft of intellectual property? You decide.AngelAngel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
(11-27-2007 01:22 AM)IronandDice Wrote:  So I was thinking about some of my own experiences and I wanted to get some other input. Do you think God still speaks? Do you think he gives signs, produces miracles, etc to guide us or give us hints or just say "good job"? This goes for everyone, please realize that when I say God I mean whatever higher power you believe in. Also I say "He" not as a sexist thing but just because it is convenient. If God is a female for you then more power to you! Yeah, once I hear some feedback I will share my experiences. I will say I think God does indeed speak these days.

I've been speaking for God since October of 2008. During the 29 years he was getting me ready to preach the gospel, he made me sinless on June 14, 2008. Then I received the knowledge he created me with so I could preach the gospel. The gospel is the voice of God, who is me in my created form.
08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
(08-06-2010 04:55 PM)The Word Wrote:  
(11-27-2007 01:22 AM)IronandDice Wrote:  So I was thinking about some of my own experiences and I wanted to get some other input. Do you think God still speaks? Do you think he gives signs, produces miracles, etc to guide us or give us hints or just say "good job"? This goes for everyone, please realize that when I say God I mean whatever higher power you believe in. Also I say "He" not as a sexist thing but just because it is convenient. If God is a female for you then more power to you! Yeah, once I hear some feedback I will share my experiences. I will say I think God does indeed speak these days.

I've been speaking for God since October of 2008. During the 29 years he was getting me ready to preach the gospel, he made me sinless on June 14, 2008. Then I received the knowledge he created me with so I could preach the gospel. The gospel is the voice of God, who is me in my created form.

You haven't seemed to have learned that God is speaking to a lot of people, not just you. And once you learn that lesson you need to learn why it is that God is saying different things to different people. Why isn't the same Message being told the same way if it's really God talking to you and everyone else who's claiming God speaks to them? I know the answer to that one 'cause God told meAngelic..do you?
08-06-2010, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2010 07:02 PM by The Word.)
(08-06-2010 05:58 PM)biomystic Wrote:  

You haven't seemed to have learned that God is speaking to a lot of people, not just you. And once you learn that lesson you need to learn why it is that God is saying different things to different people. Why isn't the same Message being told the same way if it's really God talking to you and everyone else who's claiming God speaks to them? I know the answer to that one 'cause God told meAngelic..do you?

God created us as thoughts within him so everyone hears him but the flesh was made with genetic sins to keep them from understanding who he is.

I'm the first sinless saint to exist since the early fourth century who preaches the gospel that Jesus preached. So no one has spoken for God in over 1600 years. If anyone did hear from God, they certainly didn't obey him.
(12-02-2007 05:11 PM)God Rocks Wrote:  I think God does still speak today. It's just just in ways that aren't obvious. It is through the actions of others, or in the way events unfold. I've often had situation where (metaphorically speaking) a door opens right after another one closes, or I learn about something right before it happened to become useful to know it. It seems to happen too often to be coincidence.

That statement is exactly how it is with us saints. We go unnoticed as we preach the only gospel in the world that can deliver you from all your sins and into the Kingdom of God. Belief is a very powerful thing no matter what you believe in. Even a hypnotist can make you believe you're someone else. But God has a very difficult time to get anyone to believe in him.
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM

so how did god speak to you ?.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How Does God(tm) Speak To Other Worlds? Caesar Saladin 80 2,051 02-26-2017 11:56 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  How does God speak to you? PopeADope 24 631 02-16-2017 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sue D.
  Let women speak freely kris1985 12 892 10-21-2014 06:41 AM
Last Post: PersianImport

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)