Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does monkey have soul?
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Does monkey have soul?
what you guys think? does monkey have soul?

would the answer solve how man and monkey's link?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
RE: Does monkey have soul?
You'd have to prove the existence of a soul first. Monkeys clearly have intelligence, as demonstrated by their use of tools, and they have emotions. However, a soul is a different issue.

Where do you stand Friend? I don't believe in a soul, but I certainly think a monkey can have a personality, etc.
09-29-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm not certain. We'd have to define the word "soul" first. I think we're pretty much agreed that, advanced as a monkey is, the monkey lacks sentience. Although recent discoveries might put even that in check (monkeys seem capable of developing a rudimentary culture, and behavior that is unnecessary for its better interest.)

Quite honestly without defining what you mean by "soul", and without some way to test for its presence, there's no way of knowing.

I do, however, know that fish have a sole.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
(09-29-2009 08:47 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I do, however, know that fish have a sole.

And dogs heel.
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
And crows MURDER!

Rooks, on the other hand, hold Parliament. Thus advancing murder to a fine art.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-29-2009, 09:33 PM
(09-29-2009 09:24 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And crows MURDER!

Legend has it that rooks hold parliament to judge the souls of the recently dead. So be a good trooper and no monkeyshines! For even the lamentation of swans will not save you from the unkindness of ravens.
09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
(09-29-2009 09:33 PM)Parousia Wrote:  
(09-29-2009 09:24 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And crows MURDER!

Legend has it that rooks hold parliament to judge the souls of the recently dead. So be a good trooper and no monkeyshines! For even the lamentation of swans will not save you from the unkindness of ravens.

No - Monkey's were not created in the Image of G-D

They were created to show YOU - How far you really are from the Image of G-D
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I prefer Neil Gaiman's story. How one rook is telling a story, and if the story is good they will let him go, but if the story is bad they will descend upon him and tear him apart.

Storytelling is an ancient and sacred art.

09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
(09-29-2009 09:43 PM)catholicstation Wrote:  No - Monkey's were not created in the Image of G-D

They were created to show YOU - How far you really are from the Image of G-D

So....God created monkeys to show me, personally, that he did NOT create me in his image.

Could you explain exactly how that works? Did you mean that I am a monkey (cladistically incorrect but let that go...) and therefore have no immortal soul? So I can do what I want and never have to pay the piper? Interesting theory...Big Grin
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh come on, I invoke the sacred name of Gaiman and you reply to the worst catholic ever?

I'm hurt.

Though I just had the weirdest image. A giant, single-celled god. And the caption, "I made it clear I created life in my image! What are these evolved forms nattering about?"

My brain is weird tonight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  are we 2[mind,body and soul]? or only one, the soul? harcharanjit 3 1,071 12-09-2008 08:32 AM
Last Post: smellycat

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)