Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dogs in Islam
06-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Dogs in Islam
I came across the notion that muslims don't like dogs, Why do Muslims hate dogs?
The hadiths below may explain why some muslims have an aversion to dogs if they believe in the teachings/sayings of Prophet Muhammad. There are other sources that have a nice take on dogs, however I've set out to answer what possibly could be the reason. For centuries, dogs have been described as “man’s best friend.” But the prophet Muhammad according to Hadiths commanded his followers to slaughter man’s best friend. And it all began when Prophet Muhammad got stood up by the angel Gabriel, because of a puppy. Read on.
Bukhari 3:515: Narrated Abu Huraira: “Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily
Sahih Muslim 5511—It was narrated that Aishah said: “Jibril promised to come to the Messenger of Allah at a certain hour, and that time came but he did not arrive. He (the Messenger) had a stick in his hand which he threw down and said: ‘Allah does not break His promise, and neither do His Messengers.’ Then he turned and saw a puppy beneath a bed. He said: ‘O Aishah, when did this dog get in here?’ She said: ‘By Allah, I do not know.’ He ordered that it be taken out, and Jibril came. The Messenger of Allah said: ‘You made an appointment with me and I waited for you but you did not come.’ He said: ‘I was prevented by the dog that was in your house. We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image.’”
After learning about Gabriel’s stance Muhammad could have simply been careful to check his house for puppies whenever Gabriel was coming over.
Sahih Muslim 4016—It was narrated from Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah ordered that dogs be killed.
Sahih Muslim 4018—It was narrated that Abdullah bin Umar said: “The Messenger of Allah used to order that dogs be killed, and I went throughout Al-Madinah, and we did not spare any dog but we killed it, to such an extent that we would even kill the dog of a woman belonging to the desert people.”
But some of Muhammad’s followers complained, because they had dogs for hunting and for herding sheep.
Sahih Muslim 4021—It was narrated that Ibn al-Mughaffal said: “The Messenger of Allah enjoined the killing of dogs, then he said: ‘What is the problem with them and dogs?’ Then he granted a concession with regard to dogs for hunting and herding sheep.”
So, certain dogs were okay, as long as they were fetching your birds or herding your sheep. But some dogs were much worse. Some dogs are the devil.
Bukhari Vol. 1, #490: Narrated 'Aisha: "he things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, “Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people).” I said, “You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away, for I disliked to face him.""
Abu Dawud Number 704: Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: Ikrimah reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas, saying: I think the Apostle of Allah said: When one of you prays without a sutrah, a dog, an [censored], a pig, a Jew, a Magian, and a woman cut off his prayer, but it will suffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stone's throw.
Sahih Muslim 1137—It was narrated from Abdullah bin As-Samit, from Abu Dharr, who said: “The Messenger of Allah said: ‘When one of you stands to offer prayer, he will be screened if he has something in front of him that is like the back of a saddle. If he does not have something in front of him that is like the back of a saddle, then his prayer will be interrupted if a donkey, a woman, or a black dog passes in front of him.” I said: “O Abu Dharr! What is the difference between a black dog, and a red or yellow dog?” He said: “O son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah the same question and he said: ‘The black dog is a devil.’”
Surah 21, verse 107 of the Quran declares that Allah sent Muhammad as a mercy to all creatures. But apparently, this doesn’t include dogs, and it certainly doesn’t include black dogs, because the color of a dog’s fur determines whether it’s the devil.
And remember the Quran says that “Whoever obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah”. Some verses from the Quran which prove that it is mandatory to obey the prophet and follow his Sunnah:
Allah says: “No, by your Lord, they do not believe until they submit to your adjudication in all disputes between them, then they do not find themselves oppressed with your decisions and they completely submit.” Quran (4:65)

Again, Allah says: “When a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, it does not behoove a believer, man or woman, to have choice in their matter. One who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.” Quran (33:36)

Furthermore, Allah says: “What the Messenger teaches you, take it; and what he forbids you, avoid doing it.” Quran (59:7)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Dogs in Islam
Video version with lots of identical sentences but with some additions and omissions.

06-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Thread moved to allow for full discussion if anyone wishes to.
06-17-2017, 07:42 PM
This is of course bad for dogs in Islamic lands, but horrible for dogs in the West where Muslims immigrate en masse. Already Muslim taxi drivers are refusing to accept disabled fares who have assistant animals. Bad news all the way around.
06-17-2017, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 02:35 AM by PeterPants.)
Did you just imply that you think the tourture and murder of dogs in islamic countries is not as bad as some disabled humans in the west having to wait for another taxi?

"bad for dogs in islamic lands but horrible for dogs in the west"? Surely its the other way around?

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
06-18-2017, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 01:05 AM by arthra.)
Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim:

I asked the Prophet (about the hunting dogs) and
he replied, "If you let loose (with Allah's name)
your tamed dog after a game and it hunts it, you
may eat it, but if the dog eats of (that game) then
do not eat it because the dog has hunted it for
itself."
I further said, "Sometimes I send my dog
for hunting and find another dog with it. He said,
"Do not eat the game for you have mentioned
Allah's name only on sending your dog and not
the other dog."

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 176:

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 1)

The Quran seems to be favorable to animals..

"There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end"

(Qur'an 6:38).

and read the Mathnavi..

Press around that door, be not viler than a dog,
If thou wouldest rival the Seven Sleepers' dog.
God's claims to our gratitude.
Whereas want of fidelity is shameful even in dogs,
How can it be right in men?

(Mathnavi of Rumi (E.H. Whinfield tr), The Masnavi Vol 3)

And thou wouldst have deemed them awake, though they were sleeping: and
we turned them to the right and to the left. And in the entry lay their dog
with paws outstretched
. Hadst thou come suddenly upon them, thou wouldst
surely have turned thy back on them in flight, and have been filled with fear
at them.

(The Qur'an (Rodwell tr), Sura 18 - The Cave)

and read the following:

https://www.thoughtco.com/animal-welfare-2004394

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
06-18-2017, 08:53 AM
(06-17-2017 07:42 PM)steveb1 Wrote:  This is of course bad for dogs in Islamic lands, but horrible for dogs in the West where Muslims immigrate en masse. Already Muslim taxi drivers are refusing to accept disabled fares who have assistant animals. Bad news all the way around.

And the taxi driver was fired.... all is well with the west.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/686230/...dog-refuse

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
06-18-2017, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 04:33 PM by steveb1.)
(06-17-2017 08:23 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  Did you just imply that you think the tourture and murder of dogs in islamic countries is not as bad as some disabled humans in the west having to wait for another taxi?

"bad for dogs in islamic lands but horrible for dogs in the west"? Surely its the other way around?

Bad for Islamic dogs because they're born under-into it. It's a cultural norm and expectation, and so a certain percentage of canny dogs may be able to avoid mistreatment because, of course, they're expecting it anyway. And it's not just active abuse. The Islamic "inshallah" permits "the devout" to ignore the plight of street dogs when they are sick and injured. The Good Samaritan of dogs is utterly unknown and foreign to Islam.

Horrible for Western dogs because they are not expecting it - the usual Western response is to cuddle and coddle dogs, which of course, are not regarded as "unclean". When a Westerner's pet gets abused or killed by a Muslim, that is truly horrible. It's horrible, too, that an Islamic superstition would cause a Muslim taxi driver to reject a disabled person because accompanied by an assistant animal. I'm disabled and am familiar with the torment of being made to wait unnecessarily. And being made to wait on a jerk's whim-or-religion, because some ignorant cultist taxi driver thinks dogs are "unclean" is the worst "inconvenience" of all. It has no place in Western culture. It's a toxic import. Like Jihad, only in a sense more mean-spirited.

(06-18-2017 08:53 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  
(06-17-2017 07:42 PM)steveb1 Wrote:  This is of course bad for dogs in Islamic lands, but horrible for dogs in the West where Muslims immigrate en masse. Already Muslim taxi drivers are refusing to accept disabled fares who have assistant animals. Bad news all the way around.

And the taxi driver was fired.... all is well with the west.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/686230/...dog-refuse

Not all is well with the West. Dog-hatred is only one minor aspect of Muslim hatred for the West. Good that the cabbie was fired, but that's just one case. Refusing the disabled because of dog paranoia is one of the most un-humanitarian practices imaginable. I don't know if the laws are universal, but on the principle that when services are refused because of the provider's hatred, distaste, or fear of the customer, then the situation should enter litigation immediately. The West has no business permitting foreign encroachment upon its rights. On the contrary, it's the foreigners who need to assimilate - or leave.

And the West isn't safe. Every week a new Jihadist attack occurs against the West, while snowflake liberals' first reaction is, "Leave the Muslims alone! Not all Muslims are terrorists!", when their first reaction should be outrage, helping victims and their families, and nailing the perps and all their networking buddies.
06-18-2017, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 05:56 PM by PeterPants.)
Right.. Bad things happening to people or dogs that expect it anyway (live a terrible life) is not as bad as bad things happening to the small fraction of the luckiest people (and dogs) on earth. Thats the real tragedy, when a billionare gets a papercut. Got it. Noted. :S

I cant believe we just had a long converwation about morality, what a waste of time that was.

"The West has no business permitting foreign encroachment upon its rights. On the contrary, it's the foreigners who need to assimilate - or leave"

Oh my.. While i agree with this sentance entirely... Are you allowing your over the top sense of patriotism encroach on your judgement?
Yes much of islamic culture is toxic. Yes much of the left is blind about this. But no its not a black and white issue. Simply hating on muslims and blocking them fron your cntry outright is a terrible idea. Unfortunatly the only way to solve an issue like this is intergration and reform. I say unfortunately because islam has special ideas in waythe way of reforming.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
06-18-2017, 06:00 PM
(06-18-2017 05:47 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  Right.. Bad things happening to people or dogs that expect it anyway (live a terrible life) is not as bad as bad things happening to the small fraction of the luckiest people (and dogs) on earth. Thats the real tragedy, when a billionare gets a papercut. Got it. Noted. :S

I cant believe we just had a long converwation about morality, what a waste of time that was.

"things happening to the small fraction of the luckiest people (and dogs) on earth. Thats the real tragedy, when a billionare gets a papercut"

Ah. I see. There really is no arguing with Leftists who identify Westerners who are legitimately threatened by Islamic culture as "paper-cut billionaires", and who identify disabled people who are refused services by superstitious Muslims as some kind of top-hat wearing dandies who are obliged to just put up with the "inconvenience". Not to mention the re-enforcement of the cliché of the "poor foreigner", neglecting that the fact that Mid East oil billionaires hate dogs as much as migrant Muslim cabbies.

Unsubscribing from this thread.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)