Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easiest Version of the Bible?
01-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Easiest Version of the Bible?
What's the easiest version of the Bible to read that most Christian churches are ok with?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
RE: Easiest Version of the Bible?
I'm not sure if there's a better one now, but "The Living Bible" was generally considered to be an easier read when I was in the church. There are some translation errors, but that's true of any Bible. It'll give you a decent overview of the stories, lessons, and sermons, just don't try to do any in-depth biblical analysis with it. The New International Version also has some fame as an easier read, but it too has some well-known translation errors.

Of course the King James Version is the english standard, and it also has some translation issues. So really, you're choosing which set of flaws you want.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
As much as I like going on about olde English, I certainly would not say go for the King James. It's a bit of a struggle with the language, and does not make for a quick read when trying to find some info. They're not that expensive, so maybe get a couple of versions of the Bible? I've only got KJV and a Good News NT, and I muddle through ok with them.
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 04:07 PM by TruthSearcher.)
I went to an Episcopal church on Sunday. I'm going back next Sunday and also going to a big Bible church in the evening. I'm going to talk with the Catholic church next Monday.

The Mormon church thinks they are true church of Christ. The nice Catholic lady I talked with said they think the Catholic church is the true church of Christ. The Episcopal church don't believe they are the only church of Christ. At least I don't think they do.

Are there any churches that want men to dress conservative as in - no long hair, no ear rings, no tattoos? I do know Jesus loves and saves one and all, even men with long hair and ear rings.

Thanks!
Are there any churches that don't believe in baptism and the communion? I mean, any churches believe you can get to Heaven simply by believing in Christ and claiming Him as your Savior, but Baptism and the Communion is not important?

Mormon church believe Baptism is important. Also believe the Sacrament is important. I think the Catholic and Episcopal church believes in the importance of Communion.

Deep down, I don't really believe in the importance of Baptism or the Sacrament. Although taking the bread and water/juice/wine is nice and does give me a good feeling.
01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
The short answer? Yes to all of this. The conservative dress for men thing, that's just a function of a conservative church. A more conservative church will expect men to dress conservatively. On the other hand, that means long-haired guys like myself are sinners.

As for the rest, yes, there are Christian churches that believe all sorts of things about the various sacraments. Just look around.

Why are you looking for a Christian church anyway?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-11-2010, 06:48 PM
(01-11-2010 06:16 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  that means long-haired guys like myself are sinners.

and hippies.

(pot calling kettle black too!)
01-11-2010, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 07:13 PM by Parousia.)
(01-11-2010 12:35 PM)TruthSearcher Wrote:  What's the easiest version of the Bible to read that most Christian churches are ok with?

Thanks!

Try the New Living Translation. Here is a little 'comparison shopping'.

Quote:And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.
And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

Mark 2:1-4 King James Version

When Jesus returned to Capernaum several days later, the news spread quickly that he was back home. Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there was no more room, even outside the door. While he was preaching God’s word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn’t bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus.

Mark 2:1-4 New Living Translation
01-12-2010, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2010 02:09 AM by catholicstation.)
(01-11-2010 12:35 PM)TruthSearcher Wrote:  What's the easiest version of the Bible to read that most Christian churches are ok with?

Thanks!

THE EASTERN CATHOLIC CHURCHES
There are 22 rites in the universal Catholic Church, the 21 rites comprising the Eastern Catholic Churches, and the Latin Western rite

The Church at Rome used The Septuigent (The Greek Torah) 200-300 B.C.
- Greek was The offical language of The Roman Church for about 300 years -

If You ask why? Because everybody spoke it

Compare today - French is the official U.N. Language - And they live in New York - USA

I would luv to know - How many Americans know what an accent grave is?
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
(01-12-2010 01:42 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  

Thanks!

There are 22 rites in the universal Catholic Church, the 21 rites comprising the Eastern Catholic Churches, and the Latin Western rite

Compare today - French is the official U.N. Language - And they live in New York - USA

The opposite of accent acute, of course, and halfway from accent circonflex.
01-12-2010, 07:37 AM
(01-12-2010 07:17 AM)Parousia Wrote:  
(01-12-2010 01:42 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  

Thanks!

The opposite of accent acute, of course, and halfway from accent circonflex.
'Parousia' will be in New York today to see if he can find 50 people who know French - I hear New Orleans is nice this time of year!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)