Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Evidence for god
12-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Evidence for god

can anyone provide real evidence to support the existance of a god?

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

-Gene Roddenberry, Creator of Star Trek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2008, 03:47 PM
RE: Evidence for god
yes lick your finger,spin round 2 times and then you know.?

Good evil salvation
12-23-2008, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 06:00 PM by Anglican.)
(12-23-2008 03:40 PM)Shadrach Wrote:  

I suspect you mean the truth of Pythagoras' Theorem type proof. The answer is no, that is not available.

Since science is the one god everybody seems to worship in this day and age, the best you can do is read some of the theistic scientists who have put pen to paper, if you have really got an open mind. Try John Polkinghorne, Francis Collins or Joan Roughgarden

Alternatively, you can listen to a couple of them here:

http://www.veritas.org/media/talks/634

and here:

http://www.veritas.org/media/talks/495

Don't be mislead by the fact that one of them has got Rev in front of his name. He is a particle physicist who helped to discover the quark, and helped to develop the big bang theory.
12-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Back at ya, can you provide real evidence to disprove the existence of a god? This question seems somewhat redundant, if only because there is no evidence either way.
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
(12-23-2008 08:57 PM)Mr_Redneck Wrote:  

Back at ya, can you provide real evidence to disprove the existence of a god? This question seems somewhat redundant, if only because there is no evidence either way.
if i tell you that i am the richest man in the world, would you believe me? you have no evidence for or against, but you obviously wouldn't believe me.

if someone gets murdered, and i say it's you. however, there is no way to prove or disprove you did it. what happens? you walk free.

just like you are innocent until proven guilty, god is nonexistant until his existence is proven
12-24-2008, 01:32 AM
(12-23-2008 09:29 PM)B MAN Wrote:  god is nonexistant until his existence is proven

Is this the man who objected to being called an atheist?
12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
(12-24-2008 01:32 AM)Anglican Wrote:  
(12-23-2008 09:29 PM)B MAN Wrote:  god is nonexistant until his existence is proven

Is this the man who objected to being called an atheist?

Well, either way it's somewhat flawed logic. I mean, Giant Squid were only proven to exist a few years back.. did they not exist before that?
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM

science thinks dark matter is real but there is no evidence to support it, so its not real.
this could change if new data comes to light or a dark matter detector is invented, but until that day, we MUST assume it is imaginary....just like god.

if not, anyone with an active imagination can claim anything is real without providing evidence. nobody thinks unicorns are real, even though you know what they look like. nobody thinks santa is real, even though we see him every december.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

-Gene Roddenberry, Creator of Star Trek
01-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Scientists infer the existence of something that, for lack of a better term, they call Dark Matter. At this time, it is nothing more than a label to express an unknown which apparently has mass. The same holds true for Dark Energy, except that it appears to be acting to accelerate the expansion of the universe.

The difference between these unknowns and the unknown called God, is that even though we know next to nothing about Dark Matter and Dark Energy, they are to some extent measurable. The same cannot be said for God.

---------------
Not selling anything.
01-08-2009, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2009 08:27 PM by twenty-two20.)
We don't want to prove god's existence nor disprove it. We want to keep the free choice open to believe or not believe. If it is proved that God exists then we all lose our free will to believe or not. It becomes compulsory to believe.

I just stumbled on this page and thought it was pretty well-written.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)