Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faith
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2010 04:05 PM by Charles Die Hammern.)
Faith
Can I air this small parable? I man walks into a church to pray he is also part of the same faith, after some weeks of attending prayer a group of men and women send a representative to, ask why do you pray here or any where when we have stopped most people believing that you believe, the man simply replies I am here to praise the Father Almighty, His only Begotten Son and to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and you are neither of these.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
RE: Faith
(01-09-2010 04:02 PM)Charles Die Hammern Wrote:  Can I air this small parable? I man walks into a church to pray he is also part of the same faith, after some weeks of attending prayer a group of men and women send a representative to, ask why do you pray here or any where when we have stopped most people believing that you believe, the man simply replies I am here to praise the Father Almighty, His only Begotten Son and to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and you are neither of these.

Can I ask a few things --

What is the purpose of posting this? Were you looking for commentary on the parable, or something else?

And doesn't this story in fact negate the scripture which states that a) a Christian should not do something, even if it is going to specific church, if it causes others to falter in their faith, and b) that the presence of the Holy spirit is something always with believers, and not found or felt at a church, and c) that believers are to be united, and that such issues should not cause division among the church?
01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
RE: Faith
(01-09-2010 05:20 PM)Clementine Wrote:  What is the purpose of posting this? Were you looking for commentary on the parable, or something else?

And doesn't this story in fact negate the scripture which states that a) a Christian should not do something, even if it is going to specific church, if it causes others to falter in their faith, and b) that the presence of the Holy spirit is something always with believers, and not found or felt at a church, and c) that believers are to be united, and that such issues should not cause division among the church?

All three of your points are right on target, exactly the way I learned them in Catholic school. Smile I very often do not understand what Charles is saying as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Faith without works and proof is false faith. Greatest I am 8 2,143 12-10-2012 01:26 PM
Last Post: Rev. Stein
  Is faith in fiction good faith? Miracles. Greatest I am 27 4,747 10-31-2010 10:24 PM
Last Post: biomystic
  Jesus’ test for faith. Have you tested your faith? Greatest I am 0 3,722 05-31-2010 05:07 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)