Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faith?
03-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Faith?
Faith is believing in “Invisible Things”, Hebrews 11:1.
It’s another horror against reason.
How can you believe “things” that you know nothing about because they are supposed to be invisible?!
If a religious thing is invisible, how can you believe it, and offer your money to support it?
Think, using your brain; not somebody else’s brain.
Try it; it’s easy & rewarding!

More bakeries less churches; more baking powder less religion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
RE: Faith?
(03-09-2010 07:47 AM)julio Wrote:  Faith is believing in “Invisible Things”, Hebrews 11:1.
How can you believe “things” that you know nothing about because they are supposed to be invisible?!
If a religious thing is invisible, how can you believe it, and offer your money to support it?

Paul's talking about being Spirit led. The Spirit of God is an invisible thing and cannot be measured. It can, however, be known by the consistency of reports of those who are inspired by the Spirit of God.
03-09-2010, 09:09 AM
(03-09-2010 07:47 AM)julio Wrote:  Faith is believing in “Invisible Things”, Hebrews 11:1.

Are you some kind of freekin' atheist or something? What in the wide wide world of sports is the matter with you.

I am going to guess that you are a fallen away Catholic. You have a Hispanic name and most Hispanics are Catholics. Am I right?

What ever turned you into such a God-hater? You need to come back to Church and get right with God.
03-09-2010, 09:29 AM
(03-09-2010 09:09 AM)TheCatholic Wrote:  

Are you some kind of freekin' atheist or something? What in the wide wide world of sports is the matter with you.

I am going to guess that you are a fallen away Catholic. You have a Hispanic name and most Hispanics are Catholics. Am I right?

What ever turned you into such a God-hater? You need to come back to Church and get right with God.

And here I was just posting how tolerant overall we are to differing belief systems we have represented on RF.. Sad
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2010 09:38 AM by julio.)
(03-09-2010 09:02 AM)biomystic Wrote:  

Paul's talking about being Spirit led. The Spirit of God is an invisible thing and cannot be measured. It can, however, be known by the consistency of reports of those who are inspired by the Spirit of God.
Therefore, God has favorites?
I don't see it!
We are all born INNOCENT.
How come God makes distinctions between us?...
No, it doesn't balance, I'm afraid; unless you're talking about another anthropomorphic god, made in the image & likeness of man.
(03-09-2010 09:09 AM)TheCatholic Wrote:  

You are a Catholic, I can see.
Well, bless you, too.
Hope you're a nice neighbour where you live, even if your neighbour is an atheist.
Are you?
I hate no God, because God is Goddess Light.
It's you who are totally confused.
Anyway, have a sunny afternoon.
Religion is a Male God.

03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Okay. If you ARE a fallen away Catholic, I invite you to spend just one minute of your time here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLBW7_zEM...r_embedded
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Roman Catholicism is a CULT like any other. Only it is bigger. More cash to waste.
I don't have to think with the pope's brain; I have my own brain, and it is working just fine.
What if I discovered faith is fantasy?
What if believing in Invisible Things is a COMMERCIAL venture?
What if the faith is used to grant a parasitic lifestyle of a useless elite?
Well, then I have the right to put out my case forcefully.

03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
You, know, Julio, we all have opinions that we could throw at each other like so much spam, but this forum is--theoreticaly at least--designed so that we can dialogue with each other respectfully, using arguments and evidence rather than insult and innuendo. Do you agree?

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
(03-09-2010 12:17 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  You, know, Julio, we all have opinions that we could throw at each other like so much spam, but this forum is--theoreticaly at least--designed so that we can dialogue with each other respectfully, using arguments and evidence rather than insult and innuendo. Do you agree?

I understand that faith matters have a lot of toxic innuendos and poisonous arguments.
It doesn't take too long to have two nice people become aggravated antagonists, especially when one attempts to rock the status quo boat.
In this case, pointing the finger at Faith as being a commercial item in the superstition fair is serious enough to separate best friends.
Religion separates best friends in the name of several gods.

03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
(03-09-2010 12:05 PM)julio Wrote:  ....I don't have to think with the pope's brain; I have my own brain, and it is working just fine....

Is it really? You say some pretty outragoeus, ridiculous things. You live in a myopic, anti-religious, anti-Christian world that you have concocted out of thin air..

I'll tell you what you have done whether you want to hear it or not: You, for whatever reason, do not have the strength to turn from sin and conform your life to the way God wants. So to be able to alieve your conscience, you have made up a god out of your own mind, a god that allows you to do whatever you want you to do. That, my friend, is idolatry: the worship of a false, non-existant god.

Whatever evil has entered you, I pray that it eventually get cast out, so that all the hatred will leave you like so much poison. Because your insults towards me and the Church do not hurt us, they only hurt yourself. Anger and hatred only hurts the person who is angry. It will eat you up, until nothing is left of you but the anger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Faith without works and proof is false faith. Greatest I am 8 2,143 12-10-2012 01:26 PM
Last Post: Rev. Stein
  Is faith in fiction good faith? Miracles. Greatest I am 27 4,747 10-31-2010 10:24 PM
Last Post: biomystic
  Jesus’ test for faith. Have you tested your faith? Greatest I am 0 3,722 05-31-2010 05:07 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)