Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fossilgirl's blog thread and dinosaur related topics
06-10-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 09:33 AM by Yefet.)
Fossilgirl's blog thread and dinosaur related topics
Lets take a recent science article and compare the evolutionist statement to real operational science...and to the Bible. Recently found Octopus fossils confirm the Bibles account of both creatioon and the flood. The find of these fossils is reported in Palaeontology52 and Live Science
livescience.com/animals/090318-fossil-octopus.html

The researcher in the article attempts to expain these fossils through the eyes of evolution. But let's look at his statements and compare the evolution view to real science. And let's compare these fossils to what God tells us in the Bible. The researcher is Dr Dirk Fuchs of the Freie University, Berlin.

1. Evolution view (Dr Fuchs) “The luck was that the corpse (Octopus) landed untouched on the sea floor. The sea floor was free of oxygen and therefore free of scavengers.”
2. Real science Do dead octopus sink to the sea floor? What really happens to a dead octopus? If they aren't immediately torn apart and eaten by fish, they rapidly become a little pile of mush. Octopus have no hard body parts other than its mouth. They deteriate rapidly
Is it true that it would be preserved on the sea floor? No!! Even without oxygen dead bodies disintegrate on the ocean floor. And, real science tells us that the sea floor teams with microbial life that consumes organic matter.
‘Barren’ seafloor teeming with microbial life, , 29 May 2008
3. The Bible tells us that there was a global flood caused by "the fountains of the deep" breaking open. As the plates of the earth cracked open and shifted, there would have been earthquakes, and volcanoes. Tsunamis would have rolled around and around the globe. If the Biblical model is correct. What would we expect to find as evidence of the Biblical flood? We would find vast areas of the earth covered in sedimentary layers with well preserved fossils. Dead animals trappped under several meters of sediment would be protected from microbial life and scavengers. And the dead animals would be protected from the effects of oxidation. Fossilization could happen fairly quickly. These octopus were extremely well preserved. All eight arms were visible for each animal, there was traces of muscle and rows of suckers, and internal gills. Biblical creationists would expect to find some soft bodied animals such as octopus that were fossilized. And there are many examples such as this...
What are those big jellyfish fossils doing in Wisconsin?
sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/01/020124173804.htm
(Notice how the Biblical model corresponds with real science)

1.Evolution view. The article tells us that these octopus are 95 million years old. Evolution requires increasing levels of complexity and they would expect significant changes in that time span. Evolutionists had thought that ancient Octopus would be more primitive than modern octopus.
Eyden, P., Fossil octopuses, http://www.tonmo.com/science/fossils/fos...opuses.php
2. Real science.The evidence..."One of the fossils is almost indistinguishable from living species.”
3.The Bible tells us that God created each animal after its kind. We should not be surprised that many animals in the fossil record are almost indistinguishable from todays living animals. Real science shows us that there is a tremendous amount of variability in humans and animals. And real science shows us through the fossil record that an octopus is always an octopus. A dog is always a dog etc.
(Again, the evolutionary model fails but the Biblical model fits with real science)

Bible believing Christians can enjoy scientific discoveries and see how the evidence supports the creation and flood models. We can praise the Lord of Lords and King of Kings for His marvelous creation

"I challenge...to come up with one practical application of biology that would have been impossible were it not for the hypothesis of evolution" Sonenthal, New Scientist
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 12:18 AM by rocketboy9000.)
RE: fossilized octopus
Quote:Even without oxygen dead bodies disintegrate on the ocean floor.
No they don't. I suggest you try this: place a piece of meat and a lit candle in a jar, and seal it. The candle will expend the oxygen in the jar, and the meat will not rot.
06-11-2013, 12:37 AM
That's interesting rocket, I never knew that.

What if anaerobic bacteria break apart the octopus or something though?
06-11-2013, 11:01 PM
(06-11-2013 12:16 AM)rocketboy9000 Wrote:  
Quote:Even without oxygen dead bodies disintegrate on the ocean floor.
No they don't. I suggest you try this: place a piece of meat and a lit candle in a jar, and seal it. The candle will expend the oxygen in the jar, and the meat will not rot.
I think while you were down looking for dead octopus, you surfaced with a red herring. Tongue
The ocean floor is not piled with dead carcasses... they disintegrate and are consumed even at the greatest depths. Octopus do not sink to the ocean floor and become fossilized as the evolutionist suggested.

"I challenge...to come up with one practical application of biology that would have been impossible were it not for the hypothesis of evolution" Sonenthal, New Scientist
06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Please reference the Evolution FAQ thread.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
(06-12-2013 09:02 AM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  Please reference the Evolution FAQ thread.
Hey Equal... thanks for the suggestion, or is it a command? I'm new here so perhaps don't understand what is allowed for new topics.

I did glance over the FAQ thread you suggested. That thread does not seem to address how fossils support the Biblical account?

06-12-2013, 03:14 PM
It was a suggestion, and there is probably a reason why it does not support the biblical account

06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
(06-12-2013 03:14 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  It was a suggestion, and there is probably a reason why it does not support the biblical account
Smile
And this thread is how fossils don't support evolutionism and do support the Biblical account

06-12-2013, 03:50 PM
I see where you think it does, but I was just suggesting the alternative.

06-12-2013, 04:50 PM
(06-12-2013 03:49 PM)Fossilgirl Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:14 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  It was a suggestion, and there is probably a reason why it does not support the biblical account
Smile
And this thread is how fossils don't support evolutionism and do support the Biblical account

This thread is about your belief that fossils don't support the theory of evolution, and your belief that they do support a biblical timeline regarding life on earth. You're certainly entitled to your belief.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gis' blog thread Gismys17 11 788 02-06-2017 09:43 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  jeager's blog thread jeager 6 403 01-20-2017 10:50 AM
Last Post: jeager
  Zain's blog thread ZAINABDIN 10 1,932 10-17-2015 04:23 PM
  Rocket's blog thread. rocketboy9000 115 9,482 10-08-2014 09:56 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  HiEv's uniquely named "Blog Thread" HiEv 17 1,851 06-02-2014 12:52 PM
  Cletus's blog thread Cletus Jenkins 26 2,830 05-31-2014 09:35 AM
  Dove's Blog Thread Dove 143 10,364 05-11-2014 04:28 PM
  Robotic Thinking: legend's blog thread legend 14 1,509 10-06-2013 04:59 PM
Last Post: Irreverent79
  mchristos' Truth Book blog thread mchristos606 180 8,015 05-28-2013 02:16 AM
Last Post: Satyros

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)