Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fosterfarianism?
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Fosterfarianism?
Fosterfarianism is a fairly recent Neo-Religion created by Forest Smith. Though presently its following is remarkably small, it seems to have an incredible potential to grow. It's based on the idea that religion and science can be fused into one belief system. His theory for this is very simple, but utterly brilliant. Here is the direct quote from the FaceBook group's page:
"As we all know, religion and science have had a sordid past. All you have to do is mention the name Darwin, these days, and you might as well brace for an argument. Fosterfariansism is neither pro science, nor anti-science. We believe to achieve perfection, you must bind religion with science. Now, when talking about an afterlife or "heaven" it is widely debated as to if this place exists. Obviously, why would you praise me unless I offered you eternal life in a REAL place? Which is why I'm explaining all of this to you. There is theorem that states that outside of the known universe there are an infinite number of other universes. They're all guided by their own scientific laws. When we die our souls go to another universe and are placed into a new body. There exists a universe in which all things live forever. THis place is the Fosterfarian heaven. And, if you prove yourself worthy, you will get to go there."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2010, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2010 06:17 PM by Holy Babylon.)
RE: Fosterfarianism?
Combining all religions into one? That's 'new and unique'! It sounds like a great idea, but it's more or less a collage religion. It isn't backed up by anything but good ideas.

Try this:
http://info.bahai.org/
04-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Seems more like a "wouldn't it be cool if...."

I mean, it would be pretty cool, but is there any evidence to back it up?
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Am I expected to take this seriously?

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
True, it is a little out there, but the idea is pretty good. I suggest taking a look at his page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fosterfari...738&ref=ts
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
More proof that hippies still exist, as well as the desire to just follow something different.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)