Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free Will is a sign of God's inescapable weakness
12-10-2017, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 01:24 PM by %mindless_detector%.)
RE: Free Will is a sign of God's inescapable weakness
(12-10-2017 11:05 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  It’s hard for me to see how quantum fluctuations in the cytoskeleton would influence the graded or action potentials, nor how they would propagate from cell to cell, given the tubules stop at the cell membrane’s inside surface. The NCBI abstract you linked to, which I’ve seen, says...

But Mindless, please stop declaring my statements “false” or “demonstrably wrong” when we’re discussing an area of active research in which controversies are bubbling, the scientists considering the problem divided into camps with physicists following Penrose’s tradition favoring quantum phenomena and most neurobiologists favoring conventional graded and action potentials.

"Microtubules are major architectural elements without which
the neuron could not achieve or maintain its exaggerated
shape".

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11....12621/pdf

1. If your words were demonstrably correct, I wouldn't bother to respond.
  2. Otherwise, if your words are demonstrably wrong, as seen in your false claims about the "in-existence of quantum computers", etc, I will point that out.

One mustn't pretend one's words aren't wrong, even when one's expressions are clearly shown to be invalid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 10:00 PM by Amememhab.)
(12-10-2017 01:21 PM)%mindless_detector% Wrote:  ...if your words are demonstrably wrong, as seen in your false claims about the "in-existence of quantum computers", etc, I will point that out. One mustn't pretend one's words aren't wrong, even when one's expressions are clearly shown to be invalid.

It’s one thing to say, “I believe you’re incorrect” or “I disagree. Here’s why...” and another thing to trash your discussion partners. If you keep doing that, soon you won’t have any discussion partners; everyone will ignore you or flee at your approach.

I freely admitted I was mistaken about quantum computing (see post #70), and am actually grateful to you for revealing this gap in my knowledge. I still value your inputs. Just, please respect my intellect and integrity.
~ Smile
12-11-2017, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 02:35 PM by %mindless_detector%.)
(12-10-2017 02:45 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  It’s one thing to say, “I believe you’re incorrect” or “I disagree. Here’s why...” and another thing to trash your discussion partners. If you keep doing that, soon you won’t have any discussion partners; everyone will ignore you or flee at your approach.

I freely admitted I was mistaken about quantum computing (see post #70), and am actually grateful to you for revealing this gap in my knowledge. I still value your inputs. Just, please respect my intellect and integrity.
~ Smile

I don't like being wrong, but I know being wrong sometimes is a part of being a human being.

Whenever I am shown to be wrong, I don't see it as a "trashing", and you don't have to see your discussion as being "trashed" when you are shown to be incorrect.
12-11-2017, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 03:05 PM by muhammad_isa.)
(12-10-2017 01:21 PM)%mindless_detector% Wrote:  ..If your words were demonstrably correct, I wouldn't bother to respond..

Doesn't seem very friendly..
..the least you could do would be to admit it

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
12-11-2017, 04:16 PM
(12-11-2017 03:05 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 01:21 PM)%mindless_detector% Wrote:  ..If your words were demonstrably correct, I wouldn't bother to respond..

Doesn't seem very friendly..
..the least you could do would be to admit it

Pointing out errors in somebody's expression is not "unfriendly".

This is what arguments and forums are for.
12-11-2017, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 04:51 PM by muhammad_isa.)
%mindless_detector% Wrote:..If your words were demonstrably correct, I wouldn't bother to respond..

I didn't say that "pointing out errors" was unfriendly .. it's the "not bothering to respond" bit..

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
12-11-2017, 09:19 PM
(12-11-2017 04:50 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
%mindless_detector% Wrote:..If your words were demonstrably correct, I wouldn't bother to respond..

I didn't say that "pointing out errors" was unfriendly .. it's the "not bothering to respond" bit..

Oh
Yesterday, 02:55 PM
(12-11-2017 04:50 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  I didn't say that "pointing out errors" was unfriendly .. it's the "not bothering to respond" bit..

Indeed. Along with adverbial-adjectival phrases such as “demonstrably wrong” when used in sentences containing the second-person pronouns “you” and “your.” I avoid addressing other users in this manner, instead saying, “I believe your statement is incorrect.” As I’m hardly infallible, I’m always open to correction.

And I’ve been corrected on this forum, to my enlightenment. I now know that considerable progress in quantum computing with “qubits” has been made, resulting in a commercial device of 2K qubits. Fascinating. Yet I may not dialog with someone who shows an attitude of utter contempt for my feelings and intellect.

Unfortunately, the nature of the Internet, with its users anonymous behind keyboards, encourages boorish, arrogant behavior. I’ve been guilty of it myself on a few occasions. So I don’t take it personally when encountering it, as I’ve no way to know what the person is like in real life. Still, I’m gonna tune it out. I need not aim my eyes to read it any more than I must watch a TV program I dislike.
~ Tragicomedy! Or is that comitragedy? Sad Smile
Yesterday, 03:09 PM
"tragedy, comedy, history, pastoral, pastoral-comical, historical-pastoral, tragical-historical, tragical-comical-historical-pastoral"

Polonius, Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
Yesterday, 09:34 PM
(12-11-2017 04:50 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  

There appears to be some misunderstanding.

When I said I wouldn't bother to respond if you wrote demonstrably correct words, I wasn't talking about avoiding some question.

People here make statements all the time, and I don't bother to give input when those statements are correct.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)