Gay Marriage Destroys Traditional Marraige
11-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Gay Marriage Destroys Traditional Marraige
[img][Image: xl0mSPQ.jpg][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Gay Marriage Destroys Traditional Marraige
That has what to do with either heaven or reincarnation? I think you need to re-name you book "Random Reasons I Hate Heaven (Someone Once Told Me I Was Going To Hell: A Survivor's Tale)".

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2017, 10:55 PM
(11-05-2017 10:40 PM)Satyros Wrote:  That has what to do with either heaven or reincarnation? I think you need to re-name you book "Random Reasons I Hate Heaven (Someone Once Told Me I Was Going To Hell: A Survivor's Tale)".
Oh No. It's you! lol

My book talks about faith and religion, it is not just limited to Heaven & Reincarnation - how religions use the lure of heaven to divide and hate us. I say we are ALL God's children and that includes Gays. It is a protest against the current culture of hate against Gays

Another reason why we need to be here - to make this a better world - God needs us down here

I don't hate heaven - who wouldn't want a Sugar Daddy to just give me 10 million dollars so that i can live the easy good life? It defeats common sense - why would any being let billions sit around doing nothing? Can't understand it - it flies against everything Real life teaches us, which are what i call God's lessons
11-05-2017, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 11:07 PM by Satyros.)
(11-05-2017 10:55 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  My book talks about faith and religion, it is not just limited to Heaven & Reincarnation

Poor title then. Also flawed in that at best only three religions believe in Heaven.

Quote:we are ALL God's children ... God needs us down here

Could have sworn you were a self-professed Atheist...

Quote:I don't hate heaven - who wouldn't want a Sugar Daddy to just give me 10 million dollars so that i can live the easy good life? It defeats common sense - why would any being let billions sit around doing nothing? Can't understand it - it flies against everything Real life teaches us

Only it doesn't, and actually runs common with common sense. Tell me, are you retired?

11-06-2017, 01:32 PM
I think it definitely has to do with heaven.

Christianity at the very least considers gay people an 'abomination'. Such a god doesn't sound much like a millionaire giving you everything you want, so much as a sadistic child who kills his neighbor's dog on a whim.

When people ask me if I've found Jesus, I usually tell them they should look the last place they put him.
11-06-2017, 01:38 PM
That has more to do with Christian doctrine than the notion of heaven itself. Some Christians say that homosexuals are going to perdition; many others don't. That and Hinduism is no stranger to anti-homosexuality notions; in 1993 the movie "Fire", about a lesbian couple, was banned from theaters for "religious insensitivity".

11-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Sooooo if you don't agree with same-sex marriages, don't be a party to one. There's no rule that says you have to marry *anyone*, opposite sex or otherwise.

As for 'traditional' marriage, of course you mean male-female. I get that. But the issue isn't really men marrying men, is it? The real issue is that they're CALLING it *marriage* and placing it on the same religious footing as biblical marriage. If they just went with 'civil union' I suspect much of the religious opposition would dissipate.

As long as you're strong in your own marriage/civil union, does it really matter what Joe and Steve (or Ethel and Lucy) are doing down the street?

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
11-06-2017, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 02:07 PM by Satyros.)
The argument that Christian fundies throw out based on terminology is flawed, though. When one type of metal is soldered to another, it's called "married". Really, they should just be happy with the term "matrimony" (the actual sacrament of marriage for them,) and stop getting their knickers in a twist over the secular term, especially when they don't complain about atheists or non-Christians getting married.

11-06-2017, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 06:59 PM by RamaRaksha.)
(11-06-2017 01:49 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  Sooooo if you don't agree with same-sex marriages, don't be a party to one. There's no rule that says you have to marry *anyone*, opposite sex or otherwise.
As for 'traditional' marriage, of course you mean male-female. I get that. But the issue isn't really men marrying men, is it? The real issue is that they're CALLING it *marriage* and placing it on the same religious footing as biblical marriage. If they just went with 'civil union' I suspect much of the religious opposition would dissipate.
As long as you're strong in your own marriage/civil union, does it really matter what Joe and Steve (or Ethel and Lucy) are doing down the street?
Not sure why they can't call it marriage? At one time blacks and whites couldn't marry each other - almost the same set of arguments were railed against it
Why should they accept civil union?

(11-06-2017 01:32 PM)Alexa Wrote:  Such a god doesn't sound much like a millionaire giving you everything you want,

That is the popular view of Heaven - a place of ease and joy - i have asked over and over what one DOES in heaven and zero replies. People think they will get to just sit and do nothing in heaven
11-06-2017, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 07:17 PM by Satyros.)
(11-06-2017 06:55 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  i have asked over and over what one DOES in heaven and zero replies. People think they will get to just sit and do nothing in heaven

Blatant mistruth contradicted by the very next statement. If you've received zero replies, how do you know that people think they'll sit around relaxing and doing nothing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The One Question that Destroys Heaven RamaRaksha 50 657 11-03-2017 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nightmare-Rex
  Is it wrong to be gay? Jinn 2,776 195,128 05-04-2017 07:44 PM
Last Post: Sue D.
  The Gay Oreo EqualAtheist 45 3,852 06-25-2015 09:09 AM
Last Post: Teilhard
  Gay marriage a sham says activist Fossilgirl 161 9,680 09-23-2013 03:02 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  New Non-Traditional funding source brent 2 2,093 05-12-2008 01:56 AM
Last Post: TheBuddhistGuy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)