Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gays
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Gays
What are your views on homosexuality and gays ? I was raised christian but i broke away from the religion when I realised I was gay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2010, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 04:55 PM by IMtM.)
RE: Gays
I have nothing against you. Christianity has this to say:

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is abomination."
[Leviticus 18:22]

PS
I'm not even Christian. I see it as pleasure seeking. TO YOUR OWN SELF BE TRUE! KNOW THYSELF! Do as you will bro. Christians will harpoon and spear such realizations of your own psyche in most cases. You're good though, don't let that hamper yourself. Spirituality transcends gender, it transcends race, it transcends chapter, it transcends volume.

Don't let this distract yourself from God. God is All. God is beyond Duality.

05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
One more thing:
I see homosexuality as an affront to natural processes. The sexual anatomy is there due to evolution's purpose: procreation. Pleasure is merely an epiphenomenon of the combining of the sexual organs, but that is only insofar as to promote the acceptability of coition to the mind. Now, love between a man and a woman has the potential to create an offspring. I.e., there is a purpose, the purpose of perpetuating the species. Love between a woman and a woman has how much chance of such perpetuation occurring? Love between a man and a man has how much chance of such perpetuation occurring? Hmm? All that such union of same sex partners is tantamount to is pleasure seeking. NOW, yes, big NOW, the seeking of pleasure is VERY IMPORTANT, so long as it is aimed at integrating the desires of your psyche into reality. Your pleasure is nothing if it is not directed toward some higher Purpose.

05-28-2010, 04:51 AM
(05-28-2010 12:13 AM)IMtM Wrote:  One more thing:
I see homosexuality as an affront to natural processes. The sexual anatomy is there due to evolution's purpose: procreation. Pleasure is merely an epiphenomenon of the combining of the sexual organs, but that is only insofar as to promote the acceptability of coition to the mind. Now, love between a man and a woman has the potential to create an offspring. I.e., there is a purpose, the purpose of perpetuating the species. Love between a woman and a woman has how much chance of such perpetuation occurring? Love between a man and a man has how much chance of such perpetuation occurring? Hmm? All that such union of same sex partners is tantamount to is pleasure seeking. NOW, yes, big NOW, the seeking of pleasure is VERY IMPORTANT, so long as it is aimed at integrating the desires of your psyche into reality. Your pleasure is nothing if it is not directed toward some higher Purpose.

On what date and at what time did you Chose to be heterosexual, after all it must be an enormous decision, if you have to make it. I apparently was VERY fortunate, in that I never had to make the choice.
I have ever only been attracted to women, so it is obvious that I don't understand the conflict that the religious feel when confronted (apparently) with this decision.
Should I be heterosexual or homosexual........................I can't really see the dilemma because I was never confronted by it, but apparently every religious, or maybe christian, person has to face this problem. Good luck with your choice.

????????????????
05-28-2010, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2010 10:52 AM by IMtM.)
How can you say that? I got the.... Eh, you're right, it does come of that way. Smile My father used to say, "quit while you're ahead." Or maybe it was my taxidermist... Anyway, it is a solid piece of advice that I should have taken. C'est la vie. Like Publilius Syrus once wrote, "Many receive advice, few profit by it."

Namaste
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Well done.........................I must say I'm amazed.....................thankyou

????????????????
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2010 11:13 AM by IMtM.)
Amazed that a person can be humble enough to cede to the truth? Or amazed at my poor attempt at humor? Wink
05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Kevlar, people do not make decisions to be gay or straight it is the way they are from birth.
05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
alan, read this (if you haven't already). Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_...in_animals

Genetics vs. Predisposition. Hmmm....
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
(05-28-2010 04:02 PM)IMtM Wrote:  alan, read this (if you haven't already). Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_...in_animals

Genetics vs. Predisposition. Hmmm....

How about the difference in brains between human heterosexuals and homosexuals? That isn't predisposition.

Allen & Gorski "Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain."

Swaab & Hofman "An enlarged suprachiasmatic nucleus in homosexual men."

Garcia-Falgueras & Swaab "Sexual Hormones and the Brain: An Essential Alliance for Sexual Identity and Sexual Orientation".

It's also been shown that homosexuality occurring in families increases the fertility of the maternal line, thus having an evolutionary and societal "purpose."

Camperio-Ciani & Corna & Capiluppi "Evidence for maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and promoting female fecundity."

There are many physiological differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals of the same gender, everything from the startle reaction, to brain hemispheres, to effects of the entire auditory system.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)