Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Genesis 1,1
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Question Genesis 1,1
Gen 1;1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the beginning = time
God = spirit
created the heaven = space
and the earth = matter.

This is the first sentence of the Bible and in that, you see the basics of science.

'Cool' ey.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Genesis 1,1
The "basics of Science" is the method of testing falsifiable hypothesis through experimentation and observation to obtain repeatable, measurable data. Science is the method, not any particular set of findings or ideas - especially not ideas about "spirit", which is generally defined outside of the empirical territories that the scientific method operates in.
07-31-2013, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 03:20 PM by Arrogance and pride.)
I'm kind of stuck here now.. Smile

You're right about what I meant with the OP isn't completely correct.

See, don't rely on your own understanding. a.k.a. what's the use of 'the fruits' of science. God can prove their claims false anytime, so can those who have faith.
Erm,

I found my opinion on science to be wrong. I am sorry, I sinned. Science is not evil.

Science is not evil, ermn is not evil..

I am dying here..
07-31-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm confused.
07-31-2013, 03:41 PM
[Image: pg7hnhdc.gif]
07-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Thx Legend.
07-31-2013, 04:21 PM
lol I'm sorry, but I am just completely confused as to what point you're even trying to make. Your second post in this thread only made it less clear.
08-01-2013, 11:44 AM
(07-31-2013 03:11 PM)Arrogance and pride Wrote:  I'm kind of stuck here now.. Smile

You're right about what I meant with the OP isn't completely correct.

See, don't rely on your own understanding. a.k.a. what's the use of 'the fruits' of science. God can prove their claims false anytime, so can those who have faith.
Erm,

I found my opinion on science to be wrong. I am sorry, I sinned. Science is not evil.

Science is not evil, ermn is not evil..

I am dying here..

So best guess here.... don't rely on your own intuition and understanding that comes about when researching science because people with faith and a god of some description will prove it wrong?

Oh and you don't think science is evil but probably don't view it as a bunch of facts or things that are almost fact (still being tested) either if my first guess is correct right?

Failing that.... I am as confused as the rest here.
10-01-2013, 11:49 PM
In the beginning - of what, it does not say. I propose that it is beginning of Gods covenants with man
God - according to the bible is a physical being, not a spirit
created - organized
the heavens - atmosphere, not space. They had no concept of space
and the earth - dirt or land, they had no concept of planets.

So, when humans were sufficiently evolved to engage in covenants, God organized his kingdom on earth and set a place aside as a holy temple, referred to as the Garden of Eden, to teach his children.
10-02-2013, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 08:09 AM by shiverleaf15.)
The heavens aren't the atmosphere alone, but the celestial sphere, that "dome" of stuff we see projected upon the firmament. It includes the clouds and the air but also anything seen beyond them, Sun, Moon, and stars for example.

Requiem, do you believe in the special creation of Adam or in an accidental one via evolution?

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Genesis and science derived timelines reconcilled friedmann 28 4,691 02-01-2015 10:51 AM
Last Post: ether-ore
  Genesis is about space/time (proof) Diracdelta27 3 701 11-27-2014 10:47 AM
Last Post: Achrelos
  Science VS Genesis TheJackel 145 11,703 05-07-2010 07:55 AM
Last Post: kevlar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)