Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gnostic Gnight
05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Gnostic Gnight
I guess I should introduce myself. I stumbled into this forum late last night. I have long loved religion and philosophy, and studied both. I continue to pursue religious education as often as I can, and love to discuss with people their religious views and how they came to them.

I personally have begun defining myself as gnostic. I, generally, have an aversion to organized religion, but love to study all religion. I am currently dating a formerly-catholic-atheist. So, I am learning both about Catholicism and her disbelief in g-d.

Being a philosophy nerd I, of course, know that the argument by design is a faulty argument for belief in a higher power. Yet, when I look at the world around me, I am compelled to believe in something bigger than me simply by the magnificence of it all. I know it's not logically sound, but I guess that's what faith is. Making that leap from logical argument to just believing.

I believe that primarily religion is a construct of mankind to make ourselves feel better about being such little specks in the great big picture. Therefore, I don't think it really matters what any of us believe. And, oddly enough, admit that my personal religious beliefs may be simply my way of explaining those things which I cannot explain through my five natural senses.

After a lot of searching, I have come to gnosticism as it stresses the search for knowledge over salvation through blind faith.

In real life, I am an audio engineer and a spiritual counselor. I offer my services free of charge to people who need to talk or to be listened to. That is, my counseling services. I offer my audio engineering services with a negotiable fee.

Asynchronicity
Spiritual Counselor
http://gnosticgnight.blogspot.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
RE: Gnostic Gnight
Hello. Welcome!

*Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
*Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear the Lord and Depart from evil.
*In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
RE: Gnostic Gnight
Welcome! Great to have you join us!

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)