Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gnostism
09-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Gnostism
Well I'm open minded,
or at least I try to be.

Gnostic means to "Know." But the knowledge it pertains to is Knowing the Divine.

Lets take a step back from Religion for just a moment and think about human Psychology.
We must learn to grow and to learn we must be willing.
No man is an Island, and it is impossible to tell what another person will do before they do it.

Now back to Religous thought.
To know the Divine is to first know yourself.
You must Love yourself.
A Doctor once told me "You must take care of your self before you take care of others." Well you must come to know your self or you will never come to know your Higher Power.
For me that is One Absolute God who has always existed and has no end.
God exist in all things and all things make up God.
God has no image nor can she be made into an Idol.
It's the Job of Angels & Prophets to speak the Word.

In only a few ways am I Agnostic. I'm Agnostic or Unknowing only of things that do not pertain to myself but other people. For example some people think I can read their minds or some thing, but I'm a person in a human body that will die and some day my Mind will reunite with the Lord if not in my next Cycle then some time after that.

Spiritual Transmigration by the continuing Transmutation of ones Self, Body, and Soul. If a person kills them self then their soul will be in even greater pain than it was while alive.

The first key is Courage.

The second key is Wisdom.

The third key is Knowledge.

Humanity is not able to comprehend the rest. Only God can fully understand God.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2009, 02:05 AM
RE: Gnostism
(09-24-2009 02:39 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  Well I'm open minded,
or at least I try to be.

Gnostic means to "Know." But the knowledge it pertains to is Knowing the Divine.

Lets take a step back from Religion for just a moment and think about human Psychology.
We must learn to grow and to learn we must be willing.
No man is an Island, and it is impossible to tell what another person will do before they do it.

Now back to Religous thought.
To know the Divine is to first know yourself.
You must Love yourself.
A Doctor once told me "You must take care of your self before you take care of others." Well you must come to know your self or you will never come to know your Higher Power.
For me that is One Absolute God who has always existed and has no end.
God exist in all things and all things make up God.
God has no image nor can she be made into an Idol.
It's the Job of Angels & Prophets to speak the Word.

In only a few ways am I Agnostic. I'm Agnostic or Unknowing only of things that do not pertain to myself but other people. For example some people think I can read their minds or some thing, but I'm a person in a human body that will die and some day my Mind will reunite with the Lord if not in my next Cycle then some time after that.

Spiritual Transmigration by the continuing Transmutation of ones Self, Body, and Soul. If a person kills them self then their soul will be in even greater pain than it was while alive.

The first key is Courage.

The second key is Wisdom.

The third key is Knowledge.

Humanity is not able to comprehend the rest. Only God can fully understand God.

According to the Gnostic, all matter is evil;

therefore, only an inferior being could have created it. Satan is the creator-god of this earth and of man, and is an evil god. To the Gnostics,

Satan is Jehovah of the Old Testament! After Jehovah (Satan) creates man and breathes life into him, he creates Eve. The demonic forces see the beauty of Eve, and proceed to rape her.
Through this act, she conceives Cain and Abel.

Gnostics divided humanity into three groups: The spiritual, who would be saved irrespective of their behavior while on earth. The Soulish, who could be saved if they followed the Gnostic path. The carnal who are hopelessly lost.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/gnostic2.htm
10-05-2009, 12:32 AM
(10-03-2009 02:05 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  According to the Gnostic, all matter is evil;

therefore, only an inferior being could have created it. Satan is the creator-god of this earth and of man, and is an evil god. To the Gnostics,

Satan is Jehovah of the Old Testament! After Jehovah (Satan) creates man and breathes life into him, he creates Eve. The demonic forces see the beauty of Eve, and proceed to rape her.

Gnostics divided humanity into three groups: The spiritual, who would be saved irrespective of their behavior while on earth. The Soulish, who could be saved if they followed the Gnostic path. The carnal who are hopelessly lost.

I do not share the same Beliefs as the Ancient Gnostics!

I derive my Wisdom from the Bible.
But I don't think Jesus was God or a God.

The Holy Spirit is not God himself, but Gods power in movement.

God can not be perceived by us, so in order for her to get her message across she must send us an Angel.

Jesus was a Medium who contained a small essence of God.

The Way to God isn't the Blood of Christ, but the Philosophy of Jesus.

I Strive to Live by what Jesus told us to do.
"Love all others & Love Yourself for whosoever can't do those things has no place with my Father in heaven."

Jesus was a Son of God.
We are all Children of God, but have fallen Short of the Glory of the Lord.

We all have the Potential to do good or evil because God gave us Free Will.

I Refer to God as the Mother not because I think God is Female, but because Every one calls God the Father and I've decided to be different.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
10-05-2009, 01:46 AM
See, I just can't quite get around this. You believe in the god of the bible, sort of, but you reject large portions of the bible.

But where do you get your revelation from? I mean, how do you know what to accept and what to reject? What about the lost gospels, and the deuterocanonical books? What source of revelation guides your belief?

It just seems illogical to me to believe in christianity if the bible is not completely accurate in one form. Because quite honestly, the bible stands alone on its authority. Even the Catholic church, which claims the church has the right to interpret scripture, derives that authority ultimately from the bible and church tradition. If anything in the bible is demonstrably false, then it throws a monkeywrench in the whole proceedings.

You admit that large portions of the bible are not true. You seem to do this arbitrarily. But then why do you accept the rest of it? Quite frankly, the whole concept of god is just as unbelievable as the concept that jesus was god, so why do you think the bible got one right and the other wrong?

Again, it just makes no sense why someone would freely admit that a holy book is wrong, and yet still base a religion on blind faith in parts of that holy book.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
(10-05-2009 01:46 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  See, I just can't quite get around this. You believe in the god of the bible, sort of, but you reject large portions of the bible.

But where do you get your revelation from? I mean, how do you know what to accept and what to reject? What about the lost gospels, and the deuterocanonical books? What source of revelation guides your belief?

It just seems illogical to me to believe in christianity if the bible is not completely accurate in one form. Because quite honestly, the bible stands alone on its authority. Even the Catholic church, which claims the church has the right to interpret scripture, derives that authority ultimately from the bible and church tradition. If anything in the bible is demonstrably false, then it throws a monkeywrench in the whole proceedings.

You admit that large portions of the bible are not true. You seem to do this arbitrarily. But then why do you accept the rest of it? Quite frankly, the whole concept of god is just as unbelievable as the concept that jesus was god, so why do you think the bible got one right and the other wrong?

Again, it just makes no sense why someone would freely admit that a holy book is wrong, and yet still base a religion on blind faith in parts of that holy book.

Because the People who Wrote the Bible where Imperfect!

No one is Perfect except Christ.

Perfection is Purity.

Granted one could be Pure Good or Pure Evil.
So then Lucifer is Pure Evil
and
Jesus is Pure Good.

God is neither Good nor Evil.
But at the same time she is both.

Angels, Prophets, and people that are connected to God do not portray the whole image of God but a small essence of God.

How can you Trust a Scientific Theory that can't be proven in front of my Senses?

10-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Yes. The people who wrote the bible is imperfect. Which means we CANNOT TRUST THEIR REPRESENTATIONS OF GOD AND CHRIST. Why do you accept some parts of the bible on blind faith, when even you admit that the writers are imperfect? What is your criteria for choosing? How do you know that verse A is the truth, while verse B is not to be taken as truth?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-06-2009, 09:00 PM
(10-06-2009 02:17 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Yes. The people who wrote the bible is imperfect. Which means we CANNOT TRUST THEIR REPRESENTATIONS OF GOD AND CHRIST. Why do you accept some parts of the bible on blind faith, when even you admit that the writers are imperfect? What is your criteria for choosing? How do you know that verse A is the truth, while verse B is not to be taken as truth?

Whether or not one is going to believe some particular part of the Bible, it is first necessary to understand what was intended by the author. Some parts may be intended literally, other parts as a figure of speech or whatever.

It seems to me that the best indicator of what an author meant is how it would have been received by the original audience. Revelation (aka Apocalypse), for instance, was clearly written in the same tradition as the Night Vision portion of Daniel and several other 'apocalyptic' work of that era that did not make it into anyone's canon. It is composed of complex imagery that alludes to historical, contemporary and prophesied future events. As one example, the (in)famous 666 is a veiled reference to Nero, who was already dead at the time Revelation was written. Revelation even deliberately references imagery in Daniel so no one should misunderstand the intent.

Another much misunderstood section is the beginning of Genesis, which utilizes a complex literary figure to present specific theological points. The original audience would have recognized the deliberate parallels with the Babylonian Enuma Elish and most especially noted the differences from the EE. One example is the replacement of the elaborate history of the gods and the almost incidental creation of humanity with a strict transcendent form of monotheism and the structured form of the world with mankind at its pinnacle.

Here is an interesting discussion of the structure of the beginning of Genesis.
10-07-2009, 01:31 AM
The problem comes if you consider the bible in any way a work of divine inspiration, at which point legitimate literary criticism like the framework interpretation falls by the wayside, UNLESS you take Christianity in a form as a mystery cult with text that must be interpreted rightly and is designed to be unintelligible to anyone else (which the Catholics sort of do, but not really.)

10-12-2009, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 07:39 PM by Azrael17.)
(10-06-2009 02:17 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Yes. The people who wrote the bible is imperfect. Which means we CANNOT TRUST THEIR REPRESENTATIONS OF GOD AND CHRIST. Why do you accept some parts of the bible on blind faith, when even you admit that the writers are imperfect? What is your criteria for choosing? How do you know that verse A is the truth, while verse B is not to be taken as truth?

I don't Know and that's why it's called Faith Because I chose to Believe even without Facts!

and my faith is not Based on the Bible!

10-12-2009, 08:20 PM
(10-05-2009 12:32 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  
(10-03-2009 02:05 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  According to the Gnostic, all matter is evil;

But I don't think Jesus was God or a God.

The Holy Spirit is not God himself, but Gods power in movement.

God can not be perceived by us, so in order for her to get her message across she must send us an Angel.

Jesus was a Medium who contained a small essence of God.

The Way to God isn't the Blood of Christ, but the Philosophy of Jesus.

I Strive to Live by what Jesus told us to do.
"Love all others & Love Yourself for whosoever can't do those things has no place with my Father in heaven."

Jesus was a Son of God.
We are all Children of God, but have fallen Short of the Glory of the Lord.

We all have the Potential to do good or evil because God gave us Free Will.

I Refer to God as the Mother not because I think God is Female, but because Every one calls God the Father and I've decided to be different.

Yes You do

Acts Of Apostles 8
And Philip running thither, heard him reading the prophet Isaias. And he said: Thinkest thou that thou understandest what thou readest?

31 Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. ........35 Then Philip, opening his mouth, and beginning at this scripture, preached unto him Jesus.
--------------------------------
-My wife had a baby -
"She is the apple of my eye"

Q.My wife or My baby or Both?
-------------------------------
You want to worship The G-D YOU created in your own mind - Not the Revealed One

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)