Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Go Topless day....
08-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Go Topless day....
What do you think about "right to go topless for women" is it moral, immoral and why?

Click Here to know more about Islam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: Go Topless day....
Is it moral or immoral for men to go topless?

If its OK for men to go topless (at least in appropriate situations like the beach, park etc and not restaurants) then why shouldn't the same standard be applied to women?

The argument that it could lead to sexual assault is pretty insulting to males I think. When I see a woman with her breasts out I don't automatically feel the urge to molest them or feel that they're in some way asking for it, such an attitude is completely misogynistic and therefore downright disgusting.

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
08-26-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 09:30 PM by rocketboy9000.)
The Constitution of Canada disallows any discrimination on the basis of sex. Therefore such laws cannot be made in Canada. (Although the Supreme Court of Canada has not made a ruling on the matter, the ruling of the Appeal Court of Ontario in R v. Jacob, viz, that women's breasts are not indecent exposure, has remained the consensus for some time.)
08-27-2013, 05:10 PM
(08-26-2013 09:29 PM)rocketboy9000 Wrote:  The Constitution of Canada disallows any discrimination on the basis of sex. Therefore such laws cannot be made in Canada. (Although the Supreme Court of Canada has not made a ruling on the matter, the ruling of the Appeal Court of Ontario in R v. Jacob, viz, that women's breasts are not indecent exposure, has remained the consensus for some time.)

True.... But you rarely ever see anyone topless at beaches in Canada. Wreck Beach, but that's been a nude beach since the 60s or 70s. I think it's a cultural thing. In much of mainland Europe it is fairly normal to go topless. But it happens at beaches, not just wandering around town.

I don't think it is immoral whatsoever. It wasn't immoral before clothing was invented... And clothing was to stay warm, not to cover up women's breasts.
08-27-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 09:29 PM by muslim girl.)
I can understand the idea is from "Equality "
and I can understand that disagreement will come from " equality isn't the fair "
so the discussion should be why we need equality ??
or what do we really need equality or fair ???
what is real women need to be topless like men , or to feel safe from rapping ?
to be topless like men is from equality
while to be guarded from getting rapped , by special rules , is from fair
So what is really needed ???
08-28-2013, 01:07 AM
The "idea" is more for freedom, I would imagine. Not "equality."

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2013, 01:27 AM
I wasn't familiar with this, but I like equality, and I like topless women, so this thing certainly gets my support.

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
08-28-2013, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 02:19 AM by shiverleaf15.)
Do people have a right to be nude in public?

Or do people have a right to be not have to see things which they would find extremely inappropriate?

Which one should it be? Freedom to do, or freedom from seeing unwillingly?

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-28-2013, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 02:26 AM by Flipper.)
(08-28-2013 02:18 AM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  Do people have a right to be nude in public?

Or do people have a right to be not have to see things which they would find extremely inappropriate?

Which one should it be? Freedom to do, or freedom from seeing unwillingly?

Who's freedom should have priority?

Who deems what is in appropriate?
(08-27-2013 09:26 PM)muslim girl Wrote:  I can understand the idea is from "Equality "
and I can understand that disagreement will come from " equality isn't the fair "
so the discussion should be why we need equality ??
or what do we really need equality or fair ???
what is real women need to be topless like men , or to feel safe from rapping ?
to be topless like men is from equality
while to be guarded from getting rapped , by special rules , is from fair
So what is really needed ???

As I said, I think the idea that a woman would need to cover herself to prevent rape extremely insulting to males.

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
08-28-2013, 02:32 AM
I think our country's notion of "sexually inappropriate" is highly skewed as is. We show everything but the most intimate and "lewd" of our bodies, going so far that an ad for speakers becomes something that could easily be mistaken for a [censored] advertisement. We can show 98% of a female breast, but the moment the areola or nipple, and suddenly it's inappropriate.

It's ridiculous.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)