Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God Talk
07-20-2011, 08:11 PM
God Talk
Like some Christians I too hear God's voice in times of stress. God's voice started coming to me about a month before I faced fairly critical cancer surgery and kept me informed of what to expect which happened as told to me, 100% accurately. That's the difference between my own mental voice and God's Voice. Mine is unsure when confronting difficult decisions but God's Voice is always sure of Itself.

Last week I spent some days in pain hell from an abscessed tooth with my dental clinic screwing up three appointments for treatment and misdiagnosing me. Three dentists checking my tooth x-ray there couldn't spot any significant infection yet I knew I wasn't hallucinating the pain. As I said they kept delaying treatment to the point I had to seek a private dentist but there was a decision point I had reached about waiting to see if these three dentist's opinion was correct, i.e., my tooth may have been infected but they couldn't see any current signs, so waiting might just improve my health. Penicillin helped a lot in reducing the pain level so what to do? The thing was though I wasn't getting any better, my tooth still hurt when the Advils wore off although not nearly as much. But I felt like that abscess was still there poisoning my system. I see the private dentist and he too is puzzled, tooth looked ok and wasn't loose, and asks me do I really want it out or tried to be fixed. But that God Voice had already told me the night before "Get it out, Stephen. Pull it." So I told the dentist to extract it and he did. He found a long hidden abscess and cracked roots and said I'd made the right decision which wasn't really mine but God's defying three dentists' opinions and giving me the right instruction. God is Good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2011, 11:21 PM
RE: God Talk
(07-20-2011 08:11 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Like some Christians I too hear God's voice in times of stress. God's voice started coming to me about a month before I faced fairly critical cancer surgery and kept me informed of what to expect which happened as told to me, 100% accurately. That's the difference between my own mental voice and God's Voice. Mine is unsure when confronting difficult decisions but God's Voice is always sure of Itself.
When you talk to gods it's called prayer. When gods talk to you it's called schizophrenia.

Quote:But that God Voice had already told me the night before "Get it out, Stephen. Pull it." So I told the dentist to extract it and he did. He found a long hidden abscess and cracked roots and said I'd made the right decision which wasn't really mine but God's defying three dentists' opinions and giving me the right instruction. God is Good.
I'm happy to hear that your god cares for you to such an extent that he is concerned with your toothache. Such a pity that he doesn't care for babies in Africa dying like flies for the want of a glass of water. Obviously, toothache is more important to the god that you worship.
07-20-2011, 11:51 PM
(07-20-2011 11:21 PM)Hombre Wrote:  
(07-20-2011 08:11 PM)biomystic Wrote:  Like some Christians I too hear God's voice in times of stress. God's voice started coming to me about a month before I faced fairly critical cancer surgery and kept me informed of what to expect which happened as told to me, 100% accurately. That's the difference between my own mental voice and God's Voice. Mine is unsure when confronting difficult decisions but God's Voice is always sure of Itself.
When you talk to gods it's called prayer. When gods talk to you it's called schizophrenia.

Quote:But that God Voice had already told me the night before "Get it out, Stephen. Pull it." So I told the dentist to extract it and he did. He found a long hidden abscess and cracked roots and said I'd made the right decision which wasn't really mine but God's defying three dentists' opinions and giving me the right instruction. God is Good.
I'm happy to hear that your god cares for you to such an extent that he is concerned with your toothache. Such a pity that he doesn't care for babies in Africa dying like flies for the want of a glass of water. Obviously, toothache is more important to the god that you worship.

Now commencing countdown until bio explodes:

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
07-20-2011, 11:59 PM
(07-20-2011 11:51 PM)Geoffrey Taucer Wrote:  Now commencing countdown until bio explodes:

[Image: 35bf22c.jpg]
07-21-2011, 06:09 AM
(07-20-2011 11:21 PM)Hombre Wrote:  

What's it's called when you never hear God's voice? Don't even think God exists? It's called Atheism and as brain science shows it's a dysfunctional condition because the human brain is spiritually responsive in most people, not so in atheists whose brains are seemingly lacking in this function.

As for your atheist attempt to discredit this brain function by saying it's schizophrenic, it seems the vast majority of humankind doesn't agree with you as they follow religious leaders, most all of whom have heard the voice of God. Thus what you say to me applies to billions of human beings who do believe God can and does talk to people.

Of course schizophrenics will display another brain dysfunction as their brains twist spiritual input around whatever trauma or synaptic problem that is creating their delusions but that's what schizophrenia does. Your atheist dysfunction is worse in my opinion because you guys don't even recognize your loss of data that theistic minds are receiving and processing.

07-21-2011, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 07:07 AM by Hombre.)
(07-21-2011 06:09 AM)biomystic Wrote:  As for your atheist attempt to discredit this brain function by saying it's schizophrenic, it seems the vast majority of humankind doesn't agree with you as they follow religious leaders,.....
There was once a time when most of the people on this planet believed that the Earth was flat...but they were wrong. Argumentum ad populum is no argument at all.

Quote:most all of whom have heard the voice of God.
Interesting! Getting a bit more chatty these days is he? According to the OT, your god didn't do a lot of talking.... even to his main team. Let's see now. He spoke to .....

Job: Only towards the end of the book of Job do we read of Job having any divine communication.

Abraham: Over his entire life, Abraham heard directly from your god only 16 times.

Sarah: She only was spoken to once.

Moses: Yahweh spoke Moses 85 times.

Aaron: the first high priest...14 times.

Joshua: The man who replaced Moses and led the people across the Jordan (allegedly) — only around 13.

Samuel: The great prophet of Yahweh. Well he didn't even recognize Yahweh's voice.

David: Well you'd think he'd be in daily touch with Yahweh...but no. Go look and you'll find only 12 direct encounters with the talkative Yahweh.

Solomon: One of Israel’s most blessed kings, wisest of all O.T. personages, he only had 3 experiences hearing directly from Yahweh.

But now according to you...Yahweh talks to everyone about everything and anything...from dental problems to what colour car one should buy. Amazing huh...that he spoke so little to his prophets and his main team yet is so interested in the minutia of the everyday lives of we peasants.
07-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Hey, let's play a game.

Take a drink every time....

-Bio claims (without evidence) that atheism is a mental illness
-Bio accuses all the atheists on the board of ganging up on him
-Bio goes on an anti-semitic rant against yefet

No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should.
-Ann Druyan
07-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Now you gotta love that.

????????????????
07-21-2011, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 09:06 AM by Painkiller.)
It should be pretty clear that I don't agree with Bio's stance on atheism or the nature of this forum, but I do think theists should be able to post religious experiences on this forum without immediately having them jumped all over. If, as we claim, it's a forum for discussing religion rather than simply promoting or attacking it, I do feel that posters in a minority group (which theists are on here right now) shouldn't have to constantly be on the defensive.

Edit - I feel the need to point out that Bio deserves it, but I stand by what I said in general.
07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
(07-21-2011 09:05 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  It should be pretty clear that I don't agree with Bio's stance on atheism or the nature of this forum, but I do think theists should be able to post religious experiences on this forum without immediately having them jumped all over. If, as we claim, it's a forum for discussing religion rather than simply promoting or attacking it, I do feel that posters in a minority group (which theists are on here right now) shouldn't have to constantly be on the defensive.

Edit - I feel the need to point out that Bio deserves it, but I stand by what I said in general.

I agree with regards to reasonable theists.

But those who have repeatedly shown contempt for anybody who doesn't believe the way they do should expect to receive the same.

-Ann Druyan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Religious Symbol thread--in God Talk IMtM 19 4,191 05-10-2014 11:14 PM
Last Post: arthra

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)