Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God can be anything we just can't imagine
07-13-2013, 08:41 PM
God can be anything we just can't imagine
I say from the start that this is just my opinion.

God may be a kind God.
God may be an angry God.
God may care or not care about anything or everything.
but we have to reverence the Creator.
I don't think any one religion is rite or wrong.
I believe God puts the same importance (or lack of it) on everything God created--that includes living and nonliving creations like rocks and atoms of dust.
probably God has no sex but I prefer to not use pronouns--if I do it will be It (and it is said in reverence).
I think other creatures living or nonliving reverence God somehow.

after death we don't know what is to be. we can only surmise and pray that it will be good.

it may be nothingness or it may be a state of existence we can't imagine.

I love to talk about God.

I have some prayers (2) that I like to say. I will talk about this later on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: God can be anything we just can't imagine
If you use logic, rather than feelings, you must come to the conclusion that not all religions are right. There are not multiple right answers to the question, what is 2 + 2. Now, you can get to 4 by adding one and three or 0 and 4, but 2 + 2 will always equal four because we have determined a value for two and the equation for adding two numerals is universal, so to say that 2 + 3 is also equal to 4 if we determine it to be, then we will be wrong in our summation.

The Bible is the guide for our equation and the Bible says there is only one way to get to heaven... actually there may be two ways. The old testament does not really talk that much about getting into heaven, but we are told that we must follow the laws of the Old Testament in order to be acceptable in God's eyes.

We are also told that there is only one God by both Jews and Muslims and Christians. Either all are lying, all are telling the truth.

We, all things, were created to worship our creator in the sense that we serve the purpose he created for us.

Just as humans can be kind or angry, so too can God. The Bible tells us God cares for us. We are never told that he does not care. We are even told that he cares for the birds in the sky and provides for their needs as he provides for ours... that shows caring on his part.
Since we are told that God created man to rule over the earth and the animals and plants, and that man could eat the animals and the plants, one can conclude we take higher place than either. since we all find sustenance in the things created, we all appreciate the created things, however, not all of us appreciate the creator.

We are told in the New Testament that there is indeed a heaven and a hell and that if we believe in Christ and the father who sent him, we will not go to hell. if we do believe we will not go to hell. We are never told that there is nothingness in store for us, only heaven or hell. You get to make a choice whether you will go to one or the other. By not believing in one or the other, you do not make them non-existent. So, one can hope there is not hell and that dying will bring nothingness or pleasure, but the Bible says we go to heaven or we don't and that those who refuse to believe in God's teaching and his son, will not get into heaven. mind you it does not say they will go to hell, only that they will not go to heaven.
There is some leeway in thinking there may be a paradise that is not heaven... somewhat like living on earth, but we are clearly told that once in hell, we cannot escape it, ever. This is not something most people like to think about, but either God is lying, Christ is lying or both are telling the truth. If you choose the lie you choose the consequences of not getting into heaven and hoping there is something other than hell for middle of the packers who are not evil, just don't want to commit to following Christ.
God cannot be anything you imagine him to be. He can only be what he is. While we do not know exactly who or what God is, Jesus tells us that if we see him, we see the father, so we can surmise as well, that he is human-like and shares many of the same qualities that we do ourselves.
While we hope no one who tries to be a good person goes to an eternity of punishment, we can say that we do know a way to eternal glory if you are willing to follow it. If you are not willing to follow it, you take a chance, a gamble that may or may not pay off. I therefore go for the sure thing and follow Christ. I also like what Christ teaches and feel putting his teaching into practice in my life is the best thing for me and the people who have to deal with me ;-), yet i am by no means perfect and do not wish to condemn anyone, but i do suggest that if someone is in doubt about the right way and wrong way to go to heaven, they make certain the way they choose will not lead them down a path of lies which will prevent them from gaining eternal life in heaven, but it is a choice and everyone is free to make it for themselves.
08-08-2013, 02:01 PM
(08-02-2013 09:20 PM)sorell Wrote:  If you use logic, rather than feelings, you must come to the conclusion that not all religions are right. There are not multiple right answers to the question, what is 2 + 2. Now, you can get to 4 by adding one and three or 0 and 4, but 2 + 2 will always equal four because we have determined a value for two and the equation for adding two numerals is universal, so to say that 2 + 3 is also equal to 4 if we determine it to be, then we will be wrong in our summation.

The Bible is the guide for our equation and the Bible says there is only one way to get to heaven... actually there may be two ways. The old testament does not really talk that much about getting into heaven, but we are told that we must follow the laws of the Old Testament in order to be acceptable in God's eyes.

We are also told that there is only one God by both Jews and Muslims and Christians. Either all are lying, all are telling the truth.

We, all things, were created to worship our creator in the sense that we serve the purpose he created for us.

Just as humans can be kind or angry, so too can God. The Bible tells us God cares for us. We are never told that he does not care. We are even told that he cares for the birds in the sky and provides for their needs as he provides for ours... that shows caring on his part.
Since we are told that God created man to rule over the earth and the animals and plants, and that man could eat the animals and the plants, one can conclude we take higher place than either. since we all find sustenance in the things created, we all appreciate the created things, however, not all of us appreciate the creator.

We are told in the New Testament that there is indeed a heaven and a hell and that if we believe in Christ and the father who sent him, we will not go to hell. if we do believe we will not go to hell. We are never told that there is nothingness in store for us, only heaven or hell. You get to make a choice whether you will go to one or the other. By not believing in one or the other, you do not make them non-existent. So, one can hope there is not hell and that dying will bring nothingness or pleasure, but the Bible says we go to heaven or we don't and that those who refuse to believe in God's teaching and his son, will not get into heaven. mind you it does not say they will go to hell, only that they will not go to heaven.
There is some leeway in thinking there may be a paradise that is not heaven... somewhat like living on earth, but we are clearly told that once in hell, we cannot escape it, ever. This is not something most people like to think about, but either God is lying, Christ is lying or both are telling the truth. If you choose the lie you choose the consequences of not getting into heaven and hoping there is something other than hell for middle of the packers who are not evil, just don't want to commit to following Christ.
God cannot be anything you imagine him to be. He can only be what he is. While we do not know exactly who or what God is, Jesus tells us that if we see him, we see the father, so we can surmise as well, that he is human-like and shares many of the same qualities that we do ourselves.
While we hope no one who tries to be a good person goes to an eternity of punishment, we can say that we do know a way to eternal glory if you are willing to follow it. If you are not willing to follow it, you take a chance, a gamble that may or may not pay off. I therefore go for the sure thing and follow Christ. I also like what Christ teaches and feel putting his teaching into practice in my life is the best thing for me and the people who have to deal with me ;-), yet i am by no means perfect and do not wish to condemn anyone, but i do suggest that if someone is in doubt about the right way and wrong way to go to heaven, they make certain the way they choose will not lead them down a path of lies which will prevent them from gaining eternal life in heaven, but it is a choice and everyone is free to make it for themselves.

Hell translates to Sheol which is the common grave of mankind. The bible says the dead are conscious of nothing. Stop spreading the hell lie. It's as simple as looking up what hell translates to. Yes it's not the "unknown" about people living on earth for the bible says the "meek themselves will possess the earth and find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace" this is indicated as the great crowd in revelation.
08-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Mustang, I'm going to make an educated guess that you are a Jehovah's Witness based on your beliefs.

The Bible says the dead know nothing, but not that they aren't conscious, as far as I'm aware. In Isaiah and Ezekiel there's dead people and they talk among themselves...

They know nothing of the outside world, that is, of the world of the living, even as we know nothing of Heaven (except that which is revealed to us). It's kind of ironic how people cite Ecclesiates to prove the dead know nothing, when the author himself tells us that there is nothing new under the Sun, that is, there's nothing more to know besides that which is under the Sun, which is all that is Earthly. In other words, we don't know the Heavenly. Even as we know nothing of Heaven, those in Sheol know nothing of Earth.

While Sheol means "grave" it doesn't mean "a grave", but "the grave". Consider it akin to "gravedom", meaning, it means "the state of being dead". It really does refer to an afterlife, not just some physical hole in the ground where dead bodies get buried. Granted, it doesn't refer to the Lake of Fire, but it does include a section that is for the righteous (the Bosom of Abraham) and one for the wicked (the Pit).

Furthermore to confirm that Sheol is not just the dead body experiencing "Soul Sleep", the Greek word "Hades" is the word picked to translate the Hebrew "Sheol" in the New Testament. Why not translate "Sheol" as the actual Greek word for "burial"? It gets translated as the Greek concept of neutral afterlife because that's what Sheol is.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-08-2013, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 09:11 PM by mustang_guy.)
(08-08-2013 08:04 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  Mustang, I'm going to make an educated guess that you are a Jehovah's Witness based on your beliefs.

The Bible says the dead know nothing, but not that they aren't conscious, as far as I'm aware. In Isaiah and Ezekiel there's dead people and they talk among themselves...

They know nothing of the outside world, that is, of the world of the living, even as we know nothing of Heaven (except that which is revealed to us). It's kind of ironic how people cite Ecclesiates to prove the dead know nothing, when the author himself tells us that there is nothing new under the Sun, that is, there's nothing more to know besides that which is under the Sun, which is all that is Earthly. In other words, we don't know the Heavenly. Even as we know nothing of Heaven, those in Sheol know nothing of Earth.

While Sheol means "grave" it doesn't mean "a grave", but "the grave". Consider it akin to "gravedom", meaning, it means "the state of being dead". It really does refer to an afterlife, not just some physical hole in the ground where dead bodies get buried. Granted, it doesn't refer to the Lake of Fire, but it does include a section that is for the righteous (the Bosom of Abraham) and one for the wicked (the Pit).

Furthermore to confirm that Sheol is not just the dead body experiencing "Soul Sleep", the Greek word "Hades" is the word picked to translate the Hebrew "Sheol" in the New Testament. Why not translate "Sheol" as the actual Greek word for "burial"? It gets translated as the Greek concept of neutral afterlife because that's what Sheol is.
the bible says the dead are conscious of nothing For the living are conscious that they will die;*+ but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all,*+ neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.+ 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished,+ and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.+ Ecclesiastes 9:56. i dont know how much more clear that can be to refute the hell lie.

(08-08-2013 08:04 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  Mustang, I'm going to make an educated guess that you are a Jehovah's Witness based on your beliefs.

let me ask you a question. do you think all the faithhful prophets are in heaven right now?
08-12-2013, 01:48 PM
mustang_guy

You will not accomplish much by attacking the beliefs of others and trying to catch them through misleading questions. The bible is full of references to the dead which have been provided for you. Just because someone does not know anything this does not mean they do not exist.
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM

Where are the scriptures in Isaiah and Ezekiel where the dead talk to each other?
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 08:15 PM by Requiem.)
Revelations 6:9 the souls of those who were slain crying out
Luke 16:19-31 of course, this is more of a parable, but if the dead do not exist, why would the savior teach by giving an example of dead people still being very aware of their surroundings?
Matt 17:2-3 is particularly clear in that Moses and Elias, both long dead, appear before the Savior.
John 5:25 the dead shall hear the voice of the Son

It comes down to ones interpretation of course, but from my perspective it seems clear that the bible teaches that the dead are still very much aware.
Here is an example form Isaiah where the dead speak out:
Isaiah 14:9-10Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

The Jehovahs Witnesses are entitles to their opinion, but it is not very well founded in the scriptures and they defeat themselves by calling others liars by believing differently.
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Since Requiem cited Isaiah, I'll just reference Ezekiel:

"The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword." - Ezekiel 32:21

"Hell" here is Sheol.

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
08-12-2013, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 08:48 PM by rocketboy9000.)
Well, except that just because they're in hell doesn't mean they're dead (although it does mean they're in Sheol - the grave). And in the other thread I pointed out that the speakers are called "eily", which would mean "gods" if it weren't inconvenient for it to mean that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God is Above what you think and imagine a slave of Allah 3 1,153 03-04-2009 09:28 PM
Last Post: dattaswami1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)