Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God is scientifically redefinable (written by an atheist)
05-22-2017, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 06:16 AM by PeterPants.)
RE: God is scientifically redefinable (written by an atheist)
Im a hardcore harrisite..seriously ive read all his books at least five times. Listened to every podcast dozens of times and seen every bit of video and everything many times.

My stance on ai is identical to his. Yes we are making such an AI.... This has nothing to do with word conventions.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2017, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2017 09:33 AM by %mindless_detector%.)
(05-22-2017 06:12 AM)PeterPants Wrote:  Im a hardcore harrisite..seriously ive read all his books at least five times. Listened to every podcast dozens of times and seen every bit of video and everything many times.

My stance on ai is identical to his. Yes we are making such an AI.... This has nothing to do with word conventions.

Well, if he could come to observe God (somewhat as described in the redefinition I presented) as a viable existence, as an atheist himself, it should probably indicate that the redefinition I presented may not be nonsense after all.

It doesn't appear that your stance is largely similar; he observes some form as God as viable, while you appear to despise any form of God. Seems like a contrast to me.
09-21-2017, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 10:17 AM by Visqueen.)
(02-27-2017 10:10 PM)%mindless_detector% Wrote:  (a) One shall recall that humanity had not always had rigorous modern science.

(b) One shall recall that a cause for the universe (the typical archaic claimed God) had been established before modern science (Digital Physics, Simulation Hypothesis, Penrose/Hawkins' singularity theorems etc)

(c.i) One shall recall that science updates itself. It appears science "forgot" to update the archaic science of Gods, in modern science terms.

(c.ii) Recall 'gravity'. We are aware that science updated from archaic gravity (De Caelo), to Newtonian gravity, then to Einsteinian description. The word 'gravity' maintained regardless.

Adapted from 'Humans are minimally capable Gods'.

Please express your thoughts.

First of all, thank you for sharing that - I really like science, but I know that it can be hard for some people who have basically made it their god. It's way easy to be hostile in today's world, especially when God comes up. Second, though I don't pretend to have all the answers, I myself have been in a similar place in my own life, struggling with sorting all these things out and balancing my beliefs with truth and even just finding the truth. I want to help people with their faith in all sorts of ways.

*edit - content deleted

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Big Grin The Beginning...as written (second try) whirlwind 12 1,724 05-04-2011 06:23 AM
Last Post: jrpurdon
  The Beginning....as Written whirlwind 0 528 04-04-2011 10:57 AM
Last Post: whirlwind

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)