Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God of Good and Evil
01-18-2009, 06:27 PM
God of Good and Evil
The Judao/Christian God, YHWY or Elohim and countless other names, is contrary to most believers the designer, author, creator, and symbol of not only good and all that is good, but evil and all that is evil as well. This can be seen through much of the scripture that is used to describe God.

People will go all out to pull verse after verse to prove God’s grace, mercy, love, and beauty but are very weary to acknowledge any evidence that he is also a God of evil. They will even go as far as saying that the verses have different meaning when referring to God.

God is all that is good and Satan is all that is evil… according to those unwilling to accept the fact that they were modeled after a God that is both good and evil and would rather blame none other than the devil, the [censored]!

This is simply not true according to scripture. Many of the attributed that are given to Satan are seen in God but given to Satan, and this is not just interpretation, but rather the same Hebrew and Greek words are used to describe God, Satan is just the bearer. Such is the word “evil.”

My favorite is Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

The word “evil” here is the Hebrew word also used to describe “The Tree of Good and Evil,” in Zec. 1:4 when God is telling the people to turn from their evil ways, in Job 2:10 where Job states that we should accept good and evil from God, and the same word is used to describe the wicked that will be destroyed on the day of wrath.

There are dozens of other scriptures that describe God sending evil spirits to haunt, hurt, and humiliate people. He caused people to lie and kill and die. Satan never lies throughout the entire Bible, though many claim that he is the “King of Lies.”

Now to the claim that God is all powerful… El Shaddai.

If God is all powerful then he must have claim to all aspects of power, which being the power of good, the power of evil, and all that is within the two. For if he was only in control of the good he would not be all powerful but rather half powerful, or if one says that good outweighs evil, then He is still only a percentage powerful opposed to %100 meaning all.

God is all powerful and thus he is good and evil.

The New Testament was written many, many years after the life Jesus by a group of mean that argued and debated and how the NT canon was to be written, interpreted, changed and put together in a book so as to have written documents and teachings of their beliefs and cult which soon grew rapidly to becoming the dominant religion in the world.

They knew that the best way to keep a people in check and fearing God, and thus themselves, so as to obey was to create an enemy figure to hate and fear (similar to how America created the “terror” fear in this country). They gave all the evil attributes to God and all the evil attributes to Satan and said that whoever follows God goes to Heaven and the people who do not are thus Satan worshippers and will go to Hell.

A good analogy of this is: Instead of doing something that is good and right for the sake of doing something good and right, we’ll give you candy for being nice and spank you if you don’t. People who follow this are dogs being trained to seek reward and fear punishment, instead of teaching them to be moral people.
God is just the personification of good and evil, deal with it. Satan was just a messenger and bearer of God’s evil just as Michael was the messenger and bearer of good news; they both played their part in scripture.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2009, 04:07 AM
RE: God of Good and Evil
they will be like us having the knowledge of Good and evil,so unless they reach for the tree of life,Christ.he tells us how to live.so your anology is true as in they have the knowledge,as all humans do also.this is why Christ came to save us,otherwise all would die.

Good evil salvation
01-19-2009, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 04:50 AM by Pilgrim.)
Just because God is all powerful does not mean He is evil. Just because He creates good and evil sometimes results in an evil response, because of a rebellious and sinful humanity, does not make God evil. And ummm....I think you'll find that Gabriel is the Lord's mesenger, Michael is the Captain of the Lord's host. Concepts of Good and Evil take on an entirely different perspective from the eternal point of view in the presence and reality of an omnipotent, omniscient God. Trying to figure it out from the understanding of a finite temporal perspective is like an ant trying to figure out the workings of the human mind. That God has freewill and the capacity to do evil is not in question. The idea that His creation can do something He Himself is not capable of is ridiculous but that is not the point. God declares of Himself that He is righteous and never changes. This is because He experiences Himself in eternity and knows it to be true. That God turns even the machinations of the enemy against him allowing the enemy to act does not make God evil nor does it make the enemy any less an enemy or more a servant just doing his job. Lucifer from being the third in a Trinity of Arch Angels and the one specifically charged to lead worship in heaven became Satan (meaning Adversary) when he sacrificed his wisdom for his pride and decided he didn't need to make reference to God. He made war in the heavenly realms and was caste down for attempting a bloody coup to overthrow the throne.

God created an angel that the angel decided to do evil was the angel's choice not God's. Further Christian's do not do good to obtain 'candy' they do it because they are in fellowship direct with the very Spirit of God who dwells in them willing them to do of His good pleasure. It is Christ in me the hope of salvation. This hope is not as the world hopes like winning the lottery or hoping to go on a vacation to the bahamas next year and planning for it when I can't even guarentee that I will be alive by the end of the day. But is assured and guarenteed by the presence of the Holy Spirit which is God's down payment because of the sacrifice of Christ.

Christians are no better than any non-believer they are just saved and wish to be more like Jesus. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3 verse 16. May the Lord Who is slow to anger and swift to bless make this a reality in all our hearts. Smile

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
(01-19-2009 04:07 AM)smellycat Wrote:  they will be like us having the knowledge of Good and evil,so unless they reach for the tree of life,Christ.he tells us how to live.so your anology is true as in they have the knowledge,as all humans do also.this is why Christ came to save us,otherwise all would die.

but all do die.
01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
God is the God ofthe living.

Good evil salvation
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
(01-19-2009 04:07 PM)smellycat Wrote:  God is the God ofthe living.

but we all still die
01-20-2009, 02:07 AM
i wouldn,t know b man it ain,t happened yet.you could be taken before death.

Good evil salvation
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
(01-20-2009 02:07 AM)smellycat Wrote:  i wouldn,t know b man it ain,t happened yet.you could be taken before death.
wanna make a bet?
01-21-2009, 03:42 AM
lol,how could you pay,lol.

Good evil salvation
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Ummmmm....more importantly what would you pay?

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Samael: good or evil? HeathenHero95 15 3,191 06-21-2017 04:37 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Is God an Evil Tyrant? HongXiuquan 52 5,183 07-12-2015 02:20 AM
  Why did God create Evil? thepractice 134 5,948 01-22-2014 01:02 AM
  Is becoming like God good or evil? Greatest I am 44 3,701 01-14-2014 02:36 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  Partially evil supreme god sarahluvscandy 15 1,465 02-19-2013 08:02 PM
Last Post: Morgenstern
  When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does? Greatest I am 3 814 09-03-2012 09:23 PM
Last Post: damned2hell
  Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God? Greatest I am 16 2,303 08-29-2012 08:23 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  If there is a God, why is there so much pain, misery, disease, evil and generally bad CraigFox 67 12,727 07-20-2012 09:47 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 2 710 07-13-2012 10:36 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil? Greatest I am 16 2,202 06-22-2012 09:48 PM
Last Post: Kira

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)