Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God's Checklist
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
God's Checklist
A friend sent me this. It's fairly exhaustive.

God's Checklist 2.0

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2009, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2009 07:07 PM by catholicstation.)
RE: God's Checklist
(08-29-2009 12:48 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  A friend sent me this. It's fairly exhaustive.

God's Checklist 2.0

I listened to part of his rantings - He was not talking about Catholics

Mortal sin destroys our union with God and the presence of sanctifying grace in our souls. Because these are heinous actions in the eyes of God, for a person to knowingly and willingly commit them indicates a turning away from the love of God. Anyone conscious of a mortal sin must undergo an interior conversion and then receive forgiveness and absolution through the sacrament of penance

On the other hand, venial sin denotes either an act of a less serious matter, or one which involves grave matter but is performed without full knowledge or complete consent of the will. Unlike mortal sin, which involves a complete turning away from God's love, venial sin wounds our relationship with God.
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/MORTSIN.HTM

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12575a.htm
================================================
So GTseng3 - now that YOU have proven this guy knows nothings about real Christians ( Mr. Checklist) - What are you going to do?-
08-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Um . . . actually he was talking about the god of the Bible. Which does include Catholics in many parts of his rant. Specifically those that take place after Noah.

So . . . yes. He was talking about Catholics too.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-29-2009, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2009 07:17 PM by catholicstation.)
(08-29-2009 06:58 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Um . . . actually he was talking about the god of the Bible. Which does include Catholics in many parts of his rant. Specifically those that take place after Noah.

So . . . yes. He was talking about Catholics too.

So GTseng3 - now that YOU have proven this guy knows nothings about real Christians ( Mr. Checklist) - What are you going to do?-

You want to know what a real Christian is?

ST. Peter was was the first Bishop of Antioch
Scripture refers to Antioch as the place where the followers of Jesus Christ were first called "Christians" (Acts 11.26),
08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry. In order for your statement to have any validity you're going to have to back it up with something more than your say-so.

08-29-2009, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2009 07:50 PM by catholicstation.)
(08-29-2009 07:16 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I'm sorry. In order for your statement to have any validity you're going to have to back it up with something more than your say-so.

So you can throw out any youtube scumbag as Gospell and I have accept it?

I already told YOU this guy does not represent Catholic Teaching -
(08-29-2009 07:22 PM)catholicstation Wrote:  
(08-29-2009 07:16 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I'm sorry. In order for your statement to have any validity you're going to have to back it up with something more than your say-so.

So you can throw out any youtube scumbag as Gospell and I have accept it?

I already told YOU this guy does not represent Catholic Teaching -

You want a witness?

I, Sister Faustina Kowalska, by the order of God, have visited the Abysses of Hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence.

No One Can Say There is No Hell
Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin. I am writing this at the command of God, so that no soul may find an excuse by saying there is no hell, or that nobody has ever been there, and so no one can say what it is like...how terribly souls suffer there! Consequently, I pray even more fervently for the conversion of sinners

http://divinemercysunday.com/vision.htm
08-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, do you need references for what he was referring to? I figured as a catholic you would actually know your bible. Let me break it down for you. Now, lots of his things have to do with a literal reading of Genesis, which the Catholics don't do, so I'll leave that out (though in my opinion it remains a valid objection to the whole christianity thing.)

Note: Upon watching this fantastic video again I realized that almost all of the points raised directly apply to catholics. Far too many to type out. So I'm just going to put down my favorites.

Note: Upon completely watching this fantastic video again I realized that really, ALMOST ALL OF THE POINTS RAISED APPLY DIRECTLY TO CATHOLICS (as well as other Christians.) Seriously, it's not like you guys have a different Bible. I'm not even going to quote this guy. I linked to the video, let him quote himself, IT ALL APPLIES. Well, all except for the bits about a literal creation and Noah and the flood which Catholics take figuratively (at least some of them do.) Otherwise these are all perfectly valid rational and logical objections to Christianity, including Catholicism.

08-29-2009, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2009 08:36 PM by catholicstation.)
(08-29-2009 07:54 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Oh, I'm sorry, do you need references for what he was referring to? I figured as a catholic you would actually know your bible. .

Yes we gave it to the rest of the world

So when you try to post some Youtube flunky - We do not buy it -
Try the Mormons
Let me be clear - GTseng3 has NO KNOWLEDGE of Catholic Doctrine

Mortal sin destroys our union with God and the presence of sanctifying grace in our souls. Because these are heinous actions in the eyes of God, for a person to knowingly and willingly commit them indicates a turning away from the love of God. Anyone conscious of a mortal sin must undergo an interior conversion and then receive forgiveness and absolution through the sacrament of penance

On the other hand, venial sin denotes either an act of a less serious matter, or one which involves grave matter but is performed without full knowledge or complete consent of the will. Unlike mortal sin, which involves a complete turning away from God's love, venial sin wounds our relationship with God.

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.
08-30-2009, 12:39 AM
No? So the Catholics don't believe in hell? They don't believe that one has to be redeemed from sinful nature to enter heaven? (And requiring a 'baptism by desire' is still redemption. According to most Catholics I know I'd be going to hell, from being unwilling to accept any such redemption.) They don't acknowledge the bible verses that speak about slavery, beating children, and the new testament verses that speak of womanly submission to men (who are the head of women, even as Christ is the head of the church?)

Catholics don't believe that god is all-powerful and all-knowing? They don't believe that god created Lucifer with full knowledge of his eventual transgressions? They don't believe that God incarnated himself as Jesus despite having been able to prevent sinful nature in the first place?

One of us clearly doesn't understand Catholics. I don't think it's me.

08-30-2009, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2009 01:08 AM by catholicstation.)
(08-30-2009 12:39 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  One of us clearly doesn't understand Catholics. I don't think it's me.

Yes - it is YOU! (THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND CATHOLICS)

Let me be clear - GTseng3 has NO KNOWLEDGE of Catholic Doctrine

GTseng3
Just to let You know - I almost became a Roman Catholic Priest
Did my seminary work here

Welcome to the Archdiocesan Center at St. Thomas Seminary
http://www.stseminary.org/index1.htm

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)