Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God's Word
06-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Shy God's Word
Hello everybody,
I have learned so much about the bible recently and this has gone a long way to change my life tremendously.
I am really thanking God for the life of this pastor called T.B.Joshua because his recent message about God’s Word was so true. I use to watch his live service every Sunday on Emmanuel TV on internet and I want to encourage every one to do so.
I quote him: “the Bible was given to us to make ourselves at home in the world of God” When you read your bible with devotion you see yourself clearly. You are in it, I am in it and most importantly God is in it. Can you see that when you walk without the Bible (in your heart) you walk without your real self and without God.”
The bible has been given us to make ourselves at home in the world of God and becoming familiar with the way He speaks to us and the way we answer Him with our lives.
It makes me to realise that we can’t do nothing without God’s Word because God does nothing without His word.
How many times we do say to God, I want to hear your voice, see your face, fill your presence and He is in his word. He has given us the key but our carelessness towards God’s Word is the cause of our complains today.
I want to encourage everyone to abide in that word for God does nothing without His Word.
Tamara
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2009, 11:04 AM
RE: God's Word
Welcome to the Religion Forums, Tamara.

I think you will find all sorts of opinions here regarding the truth of the Bible. I encourage you to keep an open mind.

---------------
Not selling anything.
06-08-2009, 07:36 PM
(06-05-2009 10:17 AM)Tamara Wrote:  Hello everybody,
I have learned so much about the bible recently and this has gone a long way to change my life tremendously.
I am really thanking God for the life of this pastor called T.B.Joshua because his recent message about God’s Word was so true. I use to watch his live service every Sunday on Emmanuel TV on internet and I want to encourage every one to do so.
I quote him: “the Bible was given to us to make ourselves at home in the world of God” When you read your bible with devotion you see yourself clearly. You are in it, I am in it and most importantly God is in it. Can you see that when you walk without the Bible (in your heart) you walk without your real self and without God.”
The bible has been given us to make ourselves at home in the world of God and becoming familiar with the way He speaks to us and the way we answer Him with our lives.
It makes me to realise that we can’t do nothing without God’s Word because God does nothing without His word.
How many times we do say to God, I want to hear your voice, see your face, fill your presence and He is in his word. He has given us the key but our carelessness towards God’s Word is the cause of our complains today.
I want to encourage everyone to abide in that word for God does nothing without His Word.
Tamara

You are correct. The Torah and the Gospel are from GOD. I think you will really enjoy this documentary. It is only about 10 minutes, but worth watching. There is not another documentary out there that tackles this particular issue.

Word of GOD vs. the Words of Men Documentary
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
There are a number of issues here.

1. For all of the major world faiths, the original manuscripts of their respective sacred writings do not exist.

2. For Christianity, very ancient manuscript copies and manuscript fragments do exist, and these provide a "paper trail" which scholars can examine carefully in order to reconstruct the originals with a very high degree of accuracy (98% for the New Testament, 85% or better for the Old Testament). Even for the 2% of the N.T. text which scholars have no definitive answer, the variants are all known, and they are inconsequential for faith and doctrine.

3. For Islam, there is no paper trail of ancient manuscripts which scholars can examine in order to reconstruct the originals with any degree of accuracy at all, since the paper trail was deliberately destroyed by the then-current Islamic leadership 150 after Mohammed's time. It is anyone's guess what the post-Mohammad Islamic leadership may have added to, or deleted from, the original writings of Mohammad.

4. Only a relatively small percentage of Christians can read Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic, the languages in which the Bible was originally written; thus, the majority of Christians need to have the Bible translated into their own native languages.

5. Only a relatively small percentage of Muslims can read ancient Arabic; thus the majority of Muslims need to have the Qur'an translated into their own languages.

6. All modern translations of the Bible are based on the following texts: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Old Testament for Catholics and Protestants); Septuaginta (Old Testament for Orthodox; this is an ancient translation of the Hebrew scriptures into Greek); and Novum Testamentum Graece (New Testament for Orthodox, Catholics, and Protestants)

7. All modern translations of the Qur'an are based on the same ancient Arabic text, but the authenticity of this text cannot be ascertained because the paper trail was deliberately destroyed, 150 years after Mohammad, by the then-current Islamic leadership.

8. There are multiple accurate modern-language translations of the Bible; Christians are free to read whichever one(s) they choose.

9. There are multiple accurate modern-language translations of the Qur'an; to some extent Muslims--whether of the Sunni, Shia, or Sufi branches--can choose which one to read, although in some Muslim countries it is considered improper to translate the Qur'an, and therefore they refer to their translations as "interpretations," often with the stipulation that the ancient Arabic copy be placed in parallel on the same page with the translation (the Qur'anic writings are brief enough that this does not make the book too large to carry).

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
(06-08-2009 08:53 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  There are a number of issues here.

1. For all of the major world faiths, the original manuscripts of their respective sacred writings do not exist.

2. For Christianity, very ancient manuscript copies and manuscript fragments do exist, and these provide a "paper trail" which scholars can examine carefully in order to reconstruct the originals with a very high degree of accuracy (98% for the New Testament, 85% or better for the Old Testament). Even for the 2% of the N.T. text which scholars have no definitive answer, the variants are all known, and they are inconsequential for faith and doctrine.

3. For Islam, there is no paper trail of ancient manuscripts which scholars can examine in order to reconstruct the originals with any degree of accuracy at all, since the paper trail was deliberately destroyed by the then-current Islamic leadership 150 after Mohammed's time. It is anyone's guess what the post-Mohammad Islamic leadership may have added to, or deleted from, the original writings of Mohammad.

4. Only a relatively small percentage of Christians can read Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic, the languages in which the Bible was originally written; thus, the majority of Christians need to have the Bible translated into their own native languages.

5. Only a relatively small percentage of Muslims can read ancient Arabic; thus the majority of Muslims need to have the Qur'an translated into their own languages.

6. All modern translations of the Bible are based on the following texts: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Old Testament for Catholics and Protestants); Septuaginta (Old Testament for Orthodox; this is an ancient translation of the Hebrew scriptures into Greek); and Novum Testamentum Graece (New Testament for Orthodox, Catholics, and Protestants)

7. All modern translations of the Qur'an are based on the same ancient Arabic text, but the authenticity of this text cannot be ascertained because the paper trail was deliberately destroyed, 150 years after Mohammad, by the then-current Islamic leadership.

8. There are multiple accurate modern-language translations of the Bible; Christians are free to read whichever one(s) they choose.

9. There are multiple accurate modern-language translations of the Qur'an; to some extent Muslims--whether of the Sunni, Shia, or Sufi branches--can choose which one to read, although in some Muslim countries it is considered improper to translate the Qur'an, and therefore they refer to their translations as "interpretations," often with the stipulation that the ancient Arabic copy be placed in parallel on the same page with the translation (the Qur'anic writings are brief enough that this does not make the book too large to carry).

Hey Stereo,
Could you please stop spamming the forums with identical postings. It is really rude.
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
(06-09-2009 06:01 PM)submitmj Wrote:  Hey Stereo,
Could you please stop spamming the forums with identical postings. It is really rude.

I agree.
go on talking about WORDS that make SOUNDS that create WAVES that stretch across the universe........

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you for sharing the video submitmj, blessed are the truth -seekers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do you believe the Qur'an is God's word? Difflugia 32 487 10-30-2017 09:59 PM
Last Post: arthra
  Bible prophecy written thousands of years ago is a Great proof that God's Word Gismys17 11 991 02-10-2017 10:40 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  May God Rebuke those that try to Stop His Word from being posted here!! Gismys17 4 296 02-08-2017 06:42 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Does the Qur'an really the word of God ??? ahmedgnaoui 14 1,588 08-24-2015 04:53 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Zeitgeist movie misrepresents the word of God PetriFB 5 920 10-01-2014 03:48 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  How do you know that the Bible is "the word of god" ? Morgenstern 88 7,482 08-21-2014 05:59 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Is the Bible God's word?!!!!! For Christians and Jews ali111mohamed 75 6,737 12-25-2011 05:23 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  they are into the pure word of God may 29 4,392 05-17-2010 04:09 AM
Last Post: may
  Is the Quran the word of God? derprinz 21 3,072 08-25-2009 06:39 AM
Last Post: sesame

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)