Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"God will find something for you to do"
01-28-2018, 07:27 PM
"God will find something for you to do"
First of all i have to say i have learnt a lot from people who disagree with me. It has opened my eyes to ideas that i had not thought of before. The Thread subject was suggested by someone when i had asked the question - What does one DO in heaven?

When he wrote this - "don't worry, God will find something for you to do" - that set me thinking - Does the maker of this vast universe need anything to get done? And why would He/She/It need us puny humans for that? The answer is clear - God does not NEED us - God does not need to run any Heavens or Hells, the latter are our constructs. It is we who built Heaven and Hell - Heaven is obvious, we don't want to die(hence eternal life), we don't want to work, face problems, have responsibilities or worries (nice Retirement home heaven)

But the Need for us down here is definitely there - we are NEEDED down here. One of my favorite authors is James Herriot - his series of books on his veterinary practice in England back in the 40's are very popular (if you like animals that is). In one of his books he describes receiving an opportunity to leave the farm animal work and go work in the city treating pets - dogs, cats. No more getting up in the middle of the night, driving thru snow, walking for miles to a farm and delivering calves in open barns in the dead of winter. Though the offer was very tempting James decides not to leave - because the Dales farmers needed him. The city did not need him, these poor farmers did and so he stayed

To me, that proves that God is down here with us - it is we who need Her down here. People in Heaven, if there is one, do no need him, they are too busy enjoying the good life. God must either be in Hell or down here with us

And i can think of others who are not needed in Heaven

There is no need for a Firefighter in Heaven
No need for a Journalist in Heaven
No need for a Leader of men in Heaven
No need for a Physician in Heaven
No need for a Teacher in Heaven
No need for a Scientist in Heaven
No need for a Researcher in Heaven
No need for a Mother/Grandma in Heaven
No need for a Soldier in Heaven
No need for a Policeman in Heaven

And we can go on and on - Heaven is a happy place before you got there, it will be one after you go there and will be even after you leave. No one cares whether you are there or not.

For so long, Life has been dreary - Life is nasty, brutish and short(Hobbes) - that we have failed to look at what is possible, what we can be in the future. But we finally are there - we finally can see what our future will look like - we can dream of what we life can be like, say 500 or a 1,000 years in the future - certainly we will colonize the solar system and visiting a nearby star system is possible

Finally the hope is that we get to appreciate this Gift of Life that God has given us and cherish it over and over. Heaven seems like a nice Retirement Home for people who want to live on their memories ("we will be united with all our dead loved ones" - notice that nothing is said about the loved ones we will leave behind) & Reincarnation or Life is for the Young, the Dreamers, those who look to the Future
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2018, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2018 10:15 PM by Blunderbuss.)
RE: "God will find something for you to do"
(01-28-2018 07:27 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  First of all i have to say i have learnt a lot from people who disagree with me. It has opened my eyes to ideas that i had not thought of before. The Thread subject was suggested by someone when i had asked the question - What does one DO in heaven?

When he wrote this - "don't worry, God will find something for you to do" - that set me thinking - Does the maker of this vast universe need anything to get done? And why would He/She/It need us puny humans for that? The answer is clear - God does not NEED us - God does not need to run any Heavens or Hells, the latter are our constructs. It is we who built Heaven and Hell - Heaven is obvious, we don't want to die(hence eternal life), we don't want to work, face problems, have responsibilities or worries (nice Retirement home heaven)

I don't think you've learn't enough of the conceptual understanding of heaven as according to the theology. But perhaps its more important for you to keep creating threads usually of the same topic regarding heaven. It certainly is a persistent achievment depending how you see it. But in all fairness , its something you certainly feel strong about...and why not? Smile

Quote:But the Need for us down here is definitely there - we are NEEDED down here. One of my favorite authors is James Herriot - his series of books on his veterinary practice in England back in the 40's are very popular (if you like animals that is). In one of his books he describes receiving an opportunity to leave the farm animal work and go work in the city treating pets - dogs, cats. No more getting up in the middle of the night, driving thru snow, walking for miles to a farm and delivering calves in open barns in the dead of winter. Though the offer was very tempting James decides not to leave - because the Dales farmers needed him. The city did not need him, these poor farmers did and so he stayed

To me, that proves that God is down here with us - it is we who need Her down here. People in Heaven, if there is one, do no need him, they are too busy enjoying the good life. God must either be in Hell or down here with us

I'm sure you mean god(s) with the small g for deities which to me, is more likely- in which case you'd be right anyway as according to your belief (as an atheist).

Quote:And i can think of others who are not needed in Heaven

There is no need for a Firefighter in Heaven
No need for a Journalist in Heaven
No need for a Leader of men in Heaven
No need for a Physician in Heaven
No need for a Teacher in Heaven
No need for a Scientist in Heaven
No need for a Researcher in Heaven
No need for a Mother/Grandma in Heaven
No need for a Soldier in Heaven
No need for a Policeman in Heaven

And we can go on and on - Heaven is a happy place before you got there, it will be one after you go there and will be even after you leave. No one cares whether you are there or not.

For so long, Life has been dreary - Life is nasty, brutish and short(Hobbes) - that we have failed to look at what is possible, what we can be in the future. But we finally are there - we finally can see what our future will look like - we can dream of what we life can be like, say 500 or a 1,000 years in the future - certainly we will colonize the solar system and visiting a nearby star system is possible

And what will you be doing in the future? Technology would have advanced so much that we may have ways to pro-long life if we ourselves don't become fully artificially enhanced whereby we have pro-longed lives anyway by this method also.

We could instantly download all the lessons we need and learn in minutes all the things we find interesting (myself to learn the piano in few download steps playing a full concerto instantly). Enjoying life as there'd be enough artificial exotic cuisine in the form of colourful pills (green looks pretty when it glows imo) of .. any nationality.. of the old times (It'll be a one world nation by then).

No need to work because with have automated artifical systems in place and all over the place from micro to macro doing the work.
The easy life of the future where all is done for you.

A.I. sounds wonderful!!

There is no need for a Firefighter on earth
No need for a Journalist on earth
No need for a Leader of men on earth
No need for a Physician on earth
No need for a Teacher on earth
No need for a Scientist on earth
No need for a Researcher on earth
No need for a Mother/Grandma on earth
No need for a Soldier on earth
No need for a Policeman on earth

Quote:Finally the hope is that we get to appreciate this Gift of Life that God has given us and cherish it over and over. Heaven seems like a nice Retirement Home for people who want to live on their memories ("we will be united with all our dead loved ones" - notice that nothing is said about the loved ones we will leave behind) & Reincarnation or Life is for the Young, the Dreamers, those who look to the Future

Yes indeed bro!
02-01-2018, 12:30 PM
(01-28-2018 09:34 PM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  I don't think you've learn't enough of the conceptual understanding of heaven as according to the theology. But perhaps its more important for you to keep creating threads usually of the same topic regarding heaven. It certainly is a persistent achievment depending how you see it. But in all fairness , its something you certainly feel strong about...and why not? Smile

As they say you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig - religious ideas were born in the past when people had little education or knowledge - let's not make them more than what they are - simple ideas, a hope for a better afterlife - just dreams that's all

(01-28-2018 09:34 PM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  And what will you be doing in the future? Technology would have advanced so much that we may have ways to pro-long life if we ourselves don't become fully artificially enhanced whereby we have pro-longed lives anyway by this method also.
No need for a Teacher on earth
No need for a Scientist on earth
No need for a Researcher on earth
No need for a Mother/Grandma on earth
No need for a Soldier on earth
No need for a Policeman on earth[/i]

Hasn't happened yet and the thing to note is that our ancients did not have this choice - this vision for the future - it is no wonder that they thought a happy retirement home as their future was wonderful

Also so many are afraid of the future - they think robots will make all human jobs useless and we will have nothing to do - but those fears have been proven false in the past. Some jobs will be gone - but to say Leaders, Journalists, Soldiers, mothers and Grandmas won't be needed is inaccurate

Another more important to think of is that this future of ours will not happen by itself - we will have to build it. If Islam takes over the world, that is not going to happen. If that kook in North Korea goes crazy, not going to happen. If we are hit by an asteroid - the same that killed the dinosaurs, not going to happen (but i know aliens will protect us from the last one :-))

Difference between life as a dependent - finding a rich Sugar Daddy and living the good life(Heaven) Vs working hard and making a good life for oneself(Reincarnation)

(01-28-2018 09:34 PM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  
Quote:Finally the hope is that we get to appreciate this Gift of Life that God has given us and cherish it over and over. Heaven seems like a nice Retirement Home for people who want to live on their memories ("we will be united with all our dead loved ones" - notice that nothing is said about the loved ones we will leave behind) & Reincarnation or Life is for the Young, the Dreamers, those who look to the Future
Yes indeed bro!

These are but ideas - ideas on how to lead our lives - that's all they are. My hope is to make people see this Gift of Life that they have been given. Religion has poured coward medicine down our throats for so long - cowardice will be rewarded, they say. My hope is to make people understand that the surest way to fail is to not to try anything & that is Heaven
02-03-2018, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018 12:30 AM by Blunderbuss.)
(02-01-2018 12:30 PM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  As they say you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig - religious ideas were born in the past when people had little education or knowledge - let's not make them more than what they are - simple ideas, a hope for a better afterlife - just dreams that's all

We can all use the pig and the lipstick phrase for what ever scenario we want to express. Religions can be many things with many variables ...good or bad. Strangely ; the religion or philosophy you proffess as the better idea, is part of many divisional variants of followers of many deities with variable practices. Which is the reality and which is the dream?

Quote:Hasn't happened yet and the thing to note is that our ancients did not have this choice - this vision for the future - it is no wonder that they thought a happy retirement home as their future was wonderful

Also so many are afraid of the future - they think robots will make all human jobs useless and we will have nothing to do - but those fears have been proven false in the past. Some jobs will be gone - but to say Leaders, Journalists, Soldiers, mothers and Grandmas won't be needed is inaccurate

Really by what understanding is it inaccurate? How do you know there won't be a matrix or terminator world a head where machines become too smart for our own good?

Quote:Difference between life as a dependent - finding a rich Sugar Daddy and living the good life(Heaven) Vs working hard and making a good life for oneself(Reincarnation)

You work hard in the "natural" world to "survive" maintaining the physical body. The good life is free from those who gained from suffering- who made the systems too difficult if not impossible for those in the "NATURAL" world - such as the poor and starving etc.

The natural scenario compared with Heaven according to the theology using the naturalistic perspective is a very FLAWED argument.

Quote:These are but ideas - ideas on how to lead our lives - that's all they are. My hope is to make people see this Gift of Life that they have been given. Religion has poured coward medicine down our throats for so long - cowardice will be rewarded, they say. My hope is to make people understand that the surest way to fail is to not to try anything & that is Heaven

You probaly have to account for all parties in the equation to sum up the opinion you think you have. For example: Atheists don't believe you come back either in reincarnation of Heaven. To escape from keep-coming-back an atheists view of death should be an easyway out too. The cowardice notion is flawed as an explanation here and seems more like an egotistical statement.
02-04-2018, 12:31 AM
(02-03-2018 12:23 AM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  We can all use the pig and the lipstick phrase for what ever scenario we want to express. Religions can be many things with many variables ...good or bad. Strangely ; the religion or philosophy you proffess as the better idea, is part of many divisional variants of followers of many deities with variable practices. Which is the reality and which is the dream?

Many names, but one & the same - you have little knowledge of my faith, but that is ok - we learn as we go along. God Rama is Krishna is Jesus is Allah is the Buddha is Durga is......and so on

We learn not to be Name-Worshippers - that God can use any name, any form

Hinduism also sees God as a Teacher - in life one has many a Teacher. A slave may serve only one Master - these are the Tells - of how one views God - as a Parent/Teacher or a Master

(02-03-2018 12:23 AM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  Really by what understanding is it inaccurate? How do you know there won't be a matrix or terminator world a head where machines become too smart for our own good?
Again hasn't happened yet and won't for a long, long time - we can't project the future with fear and think we can run away to some fantasy lands

As far as we know, THIS IS IT! This is the only world that exists, God created this world for us. But since we find this world so difficult, religions were happy to create magic worlds of plenty - but religions are not God, all they can do is talk - talk is cheap - their goal is conversions - just as Madoff told nice stories that were pleasant to hear just to get your money, religions are no different. Heaven is a Ponzi-scheme, that's all

(02-03-2018 12:23 AM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  You work hard in the "natural" world to "survive" maintaining the physical body. The good life is free from those who gained from suffering- who made the systems too difficult if not impossible for those in the "NATURAL" world - such as the poor and starving etc.

When compared to a Lion or an Elephant or any animal, the human being is the weakest - by all accounts we should be living in caves in fear but it is we who have become the dominant life form on this planet. Religions have poured coward medicine down our throats - yes life is hard but running away won't solve anything. There is nothing to run away to.

(02-03-2018 12:23 AM)Blunderbuss Wrote:  You probaly have to account for all parties in the equation to sum up the opinion you think you have. For example: Atheists don't believe you come back either in reincarnation of Heaven. To escape from keep-coming-back an atheists view of death should be an easyway out too. The cowardice notion is flawed as an explanation here and seems more like an egotistical statement.

God won't force life on you but won't lock you out either just because you don't know. Atheists are not against life, they simply say there is no evidence of reincarnation. They will be given a chance to come back as we all will - Christians and Muslims are giving up this Gift - they go chasing after fantasy lands & as Hinduism sees it their Heaven and Hell are right here on earth. They will come back as plants, bugs, pets - they get their wish - the easy life - zero worries

I just read that there are animals like some Jelly Fish that never die. Some animal called the Hydra that never dies as well - Eternal Life!
02-04-2018, 01:17 AM
(02-04-2018 12:31 AM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  I just read that there are animals like some Jelly Fish that never die. Some animal called the Hydra that never dies as well - Eternal Life!

Some jellies are theoretically biologically immortal because they can revert to a larval form, essentially reversing aging, and then become adults again. They can theoretically do this forever. It's triggered by environmental factors as far as I understand. Most jellies can regenerate a bit.

Hydras are also super regenerators, and effectively don't age.

I have a bit of an interest in Cnidarians.
02-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Seriously speaking, Rama, why are you so obsessed with this topic?

Click Here to know more about Islam
02-04-2018, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 10:09 AM by IMtM.)
Samadhi
-------------
The Sun cannot penetrate
These clouds that overhead hang,
Chill rain, lackadaisical rain
Falls to annoy the stillness
With its cold misery.

I stand atop the world at the edge of a dream
Beleaguered by want and empty promises.
This mind longs to shed what it'd gladly release.
Opening the door I may step outside?

Dear God, I have come to Thee.
Let us tear down the facade of the pearly gates of Heaven,
Let us annihilate that wicked lie called Hell,
Of them there was never a need.
I have come completely naked of all.
Hatred, greed and delusion are no longer mine.
Yes I have come, naked of all of these:
Body, mind and soul,
As here I was and will be.
I am but Thee.

02-04-2018, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 11:02 AM by Blunderbuss.)
(02-04-2018 12:31 AM)RamaRaksha Wrote:  Many names, but one & the same - you have little knowledge of my faith, but that is ok - we learn as we go along. God Rama is Krishna is Jesus is Allah is the Buddha is Durga is......and so on

We learn not to be Name-Worshippers - that God can use any name, any form

...and therefore across the many names for deities : Rama is Satan is Lucifer and so on.. It would at least be wise to know as it is with theistic theology to be careful of who you welcome so easily as the phrase says for example "to test the spirits".

Quote:Again hasn't happened yet and won't for a long, long time - we can't project the future with fear and think we can run away to some fantasy lands
Who runs away from life ... after one passes away? Everyone lives the life but you say we come back. Some of us just don't believe it happens! Your line of logical argument is wrong!

There is sonething else going on here I suspect. Oh well if you must.

Quote:As far as we know, THIS IS IT! This is the only world that exists, God created this world for us. But since we find this world so difficult, religions were happy to create magic worlds of plenty - but religions are not God, all they can do is talk - talk is cheap - their goal is conversions - just as Madoff told nice stories that were pleasant to hear just to get your money, religions are no different. Heaven is a Ponzi-scheme, that's all

Some believe in Heaven
AFTER living a physical life on earth. Some don't believe in reincarnation or Heaven. And some believe we do in reincarnation. Everyone lives hard lives but not all BELIEVE there is such a thing as reincarnation. Can't be running away from sonething we don't believe in!

Quote:When compared to a Lion or an Elephant or any animal, the human being is the weakest - by all accounts we should be living in caves in fear but it is we who have become the dominant life form on this planet. Religions have poured coward medicine down our throats - yes life is hard but running away won't solve anything. There is nothing to run away to.

As I mentioned in previous above ... Some of us do not believe in coming back as you believe. We do believe life is hard and accept the physical requirements to exist. Ask the Amish or the Quakers Smile

Quote:God won't force life on you but won't lock you out either just because you don't know. Atheists are not against life, they simply say there is no evidence of reincarnation. They will be given a chance to come back as we all will - Christians and Muslims are giving up this Gift - they go chasing after fantasy lands & as Hinduism sees it their Heaven and Hell are right here on earth. They will come back as plants, bugs, pets - they get their wish - the easy life - zero worries

I mentioned something else going on (above) or it seems to be - that your insistent portrayal of Christianity and Islam seems so incredibly passionate. Obviously what they have in common is "Heaven and Hell".

With certain people those who hate the two religions soley because of Heaven and Hell (not non-believers in general) ... with a particular strong loathing which can make some religious ponder about these individuals for example:

Is it so offensive that it goes against the way and how they are living - that something that they do and delight in, or have in their possession by means deplorable and therefore never willing to give up?

An easy life on earth I suppose.

Quote:I just read that there are animals like some Jelly Fish that never die. Some animal called the Hydra that never dies as well - Eternal Life!
After it dies or gets eaten up then....

But seriously - That is interesting as a seperate topic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)