Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings and Salutations
10-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Greetings and Salutations
This is going to be short and sweet as self-introductions are not typically my forte. I am 25 years old, male, college educated, and Atheist. My involvement in this forum is strictly of the educational type and as such I do not expect to convert any believers. I am by no means an expert in cosmology, physics, evolution or any science for that matter. However, I feel that I am far more educated in these fields than the average person. Therefore, I will at times be mistaken in my assertions, and will accept correction willingly, assuming proper evidence and sources are referenced. It should also be noted that although Religious texts (Quran, Bible, etc.) have historical value, I do not subscribe to them as an authority beyond this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
RE: Greetings and Salutations
(10-28-2009 11:15 AM)ExistenceUnknown Wrote:  This is going to be short and sweet as self-introductions are not typically my forte. I am 25 years old, male, college educated, and Atheist. My involvement in this forum is strictly of the educational type and as such I do not expect to convert any believers. I am by no means an expert in cosmology, physics, evolution or any science for that matter. However, I feel that I am far more educated in these fields than the average person. Therefore, I will at times be mistaken in my assertions, and will accept correction willingly, assuming proper evidence and sources are referenced. It should also be noted that although Religious texts (Quran, Bible, etc.) have historical value, I do not subscribe to them as an authority beyond this.

Sounds like you came to right place. Welcome!
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello! Welcome to the forum!Big Grin

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forums, EU. Wait. EU?

Just what we need. Another acronym for EU. I already don't know whether I'm talking about the European Union or the Expanded Universe.

Heh. Just kidding. Good to have you here, welcome to our merry band.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-28-2009, 07:16 PM
We need more religious people! There's no point in a religious forum populated by atheists...

Right, I'm going to convert, see you all soon as a Hindu.

(Welcome to the forum)
10-28-2009, 07:31 PM
(10-28-2009 07:16 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  We need more religious people! There's no point in a religious forum populated by atheists...

Right, I'm going to convert, see you all soon as a Hindu.

(Welcome to the forum)

Heh. Please. We've got tons of Muslims here!

We atheists just talk a whole lot.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Good! At least the Muslims stick to their guns. I actually like Catholicstation because he at least argues with you and Parousia.

Anyway, Brahma created all you atheists, Vishnu sustains you, and Shiva will welcome you home as he dances upon your bodies!!!
10-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Most forums that include both Atheists and Theists are typically dominated by the former. A good portion of the Theist community cannot argue their point about God further than referencing bible verses and their subjective personal faith. However there are a few Theists who can and will attempt to meet us on the grounds of logic and reason.
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
(10-29-2009 07:23 AM)ExistenceUnknown Wrote:  Most forums that include both Atheists and Theists are typically dominated by the former. A good portion of the Theist community cannot argue their point about God further than referencing bible verses and their subjective personal faith. However there are a few Theists who can and will attempt to meet us on the grounds of logic and reason.

We had some well informed and well spoken theists here but they have not posted for some time now. I don't know why.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Salutations Gabrial Hededet 106 3,291 07-23-2016 04:31 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Salutations Charles Nicholson 2 362 11-03-2013 10:30 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Salutations Rev. Stein 24 1,612 12-10-2012 05:38 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Salutations Goody Phil 10 999 10-30-2012 04:36 PM
Last Post: StarStuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)