Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gross dishonesty
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Gross dishonesty
We have at least two very active posters on this forum who have repeatedly demonstrated gross dishonesty, unwillingness or inability to engage in serious discussion, and obnoxious prosletyzing using all manner of dubious or silly links, outdated scholarship, double standards, and wanton obfuscation.

Yes, I know that these types of charges can be subjective, but on the other hand I think that pretty much all of the regulars here know exactly who I am talking about, and so I don't think I am putting forward any mere personal vendetta.

I realize that the regulars here who have gotten to know these two individuals have the option of putting them on their "ignore" lists, but at what point do we decide these types of dishonest, insincere posters create an atmosphere that is inhospitable to more sincere folks who might otherwise be thinking about joining this forum?

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2010, 05:28 PM
RE: Gross dishonesty
This seems to be the worst case of projection. If Islam is crticized, it is in service of humanity, if the dogmas of Christianity are exposed, it is dishonesty and dubious tactics. I have generally presented my case from the quotes of University professors and scholars of Christianity and New Testament.

I have tried to be polite and sincere, inviting Christians to be Unitarian, if they are not ready to be Muslims. What is wrong with my message? I have even tried to soften any fall arising from my arguments.

Today, I started a thread, demonstrating that WHO has come all out for circumcision, early Christians did go through circumcision until St. Paul managed to change the rules. It seems that has been the last straw that has broken the proverbial back of the camel!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
(02-17-2010 05:28 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  This seems to be the worst case of projection. If Islam is crticized, it is in service of humanity, if the dogmas of Christianity are exposed, it is dishonesty and dubious tactics. I have generally presented my case from the quotes of University professors and scholars of Christianity and New Testament.

I have tried to be polite and sincere, inviting Christians to be Unitarian, if they are not ready to be Muslims. What is wrong with my message? I have even tried to soften any fall arising from my arguments.

Today, I started a thread, demonstrating that WHO has come all out for circumcision, early Christians did go through circumcision until St. Paul managed to change the rules. It seems that has been the last straw that has broken the proverbial back of the camel!

And completely ignored the information supplied to you by christians and others regarding their true beliefs as opposed to the views expressed by you. You continue to ignore the Christian beliefs in favour of your interpretation of those beliefs.
02-17-2010, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 08:46 PM by Ahmadi.)
(02-17-2010 07:47 PM)minus459 Wrote:  ... completely ignored the information supplied to you by christians and others regarding their true beliefs as opposed to the views expressed by you. You continue to ignore the Christian beliefs in favour of your interpretation of those beliefs.[/b]

I am not ignoring anything, you are all my teachers, sometimes you crack a good joke. When I find some time I will make a couple of tables for the Christian beliefs. For Muslims we can summarize our beliefs in a few lines. So,most Muslims do not immediately see that for Christian beliefs we need a few spread sheets. That is why God said, let there be microsoft and 'excel.' The most important spread sheet will show different beliefs of Catholics through different Councils. The most important demonstration will be of Trinity as it marches through the 4 Ecumenical Councils over 450 years.

This will be a great service to interfaith forums, for then the Muslims will not need to argue endlessly, about what the Christian beliefs are! Mind you, my tables will be from all valid Christian sources, hardly any word from me. The challenge for me would be to make it neat and tidy like the periodic table and find time to do it soon.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-17-2010, 08:55 PM
OK, can I interject from an outside view?

There has developed a tone in comments that 'my religion is right, and therefore you are all wrong', which is not reading so nice for a general forum.

My comment is aimed at no-one, as I feel Christian comments are getting as bad here as any others.

Can we just drop the whole attitude and get back to learning from each other? It's no wonder Buddhists and Hindus don't stick around.
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Zagreus makes a good point. I am going to chill for a month to start with, but please do not provoke me and if I forget my promise, remind me without calling me cheat and dishonest!

02-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Ahmadi, you are almost for me the most frustrating, as you came here and made possibly the best new contributions I'd seen, but you've become evangelical of late.

I have become less fascinated by your posts recently, and I would love it if you stepped back up to the mark you entered at. You set your own bench mark very high. Please don't comment less, but get back to your standard of comment being higher than everyone else's. We nearly had a second Parousia.
02-18-2010, 01:12 AM
We now have a new reason for not answering any of the questions already asked or those yet to be asked.
02-18-2010, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 09:15 AM by Stereophonic.)
(02-17-2010 08:44 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  ...for Christian beliefs we need a few spread sheets...The most important demonstration will be of Trinity as it marches through the 4 Ecumenical Councils over 450 years...

Even in his claims of making an attempt to "turn over a new leaf," Ahmadi continues his deceitful ways.

The old saying is true, "Paint a pleasant face on a pig and, in the end, all you have is a pig."

Ahmadi, Islam has had 1400 years to decide whether to execute all apostates, or merely some. When can we expect a clear statement from Islam on this one item, insignificant though it may be?

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
If christians on this forum start answering questions in a polite and generous way, and stop there decitful way to attack Islam, which they are doing in wrong ways, no one here wil object them.
Our sincere request to christians on this forum, is just he polite, as others are with them, and stop using bad posts, and bringing bad image of any religion , but if some1 ask about their belief, they start attacking and using harsh language.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)