Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guns at Church
11-06-2017, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:48 AM by Visqueen.)
Guns at Church
*content deleted - this is burke again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: Guns at Church
[Image: do_something.jpg]

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-06-2017, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:48 AM by Visqueen.)
*content deleted
11-06-2017, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:49 AM by Visqueen.)
(11-06-2017 02:22 PM)Moreguns4church Wrote:  *content deleted

Having watched plenty of Supernatural, guns aren't going to do much against demons.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:49 AM by Visqueen.)
(11-06-2017 02:33 PM)Satyros Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:22 PM)Moreguns4church Wrote:  *content deleted

Having watched plenty of Supernatural, guns aren't going to do much against demons.

*content deleted
11-06-2017, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:50 AM by Visqueen.)
(11-06-2017 02:50 PM)Moreguns4church Wrote:  *content deleted

Well then I guess he wasn't demon filled.

11-06-2017, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 03:09 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
I disagree with your analysis. To reduce the numbers of armed haters of Christians/ gays/ theatre goers/ Walmart customers/ health centre attendees/ fellow citizens in general, US society needs to abandon the culture of self defence by members of the public with deadly weapons and work towards imposing strict controls on which people are allowed to play with guns, and the kinds of guns they are allowed to play with. Assault weapons, for instance, should be banned from ownership by members of the public. I realize, however, that my opinions are far from being realized in American society, given how gun control and its implementation has been politicized and removed from the world of reason and evidence that indicates its necessity. Americans are desensitized to the needless tragedy of daily gun massacres, and the attitude of the current Trump administration seems only to be increasing this trend. The previous massacre in which a record number for a single incident of 56 people were killed was a one week wonder in the media. Maybe this latest one with under half the number of deaths will be front page news for less than a week. "This isn't a guns situation" Trump commented on the Texas massacre. Also, in one of his tragedy response pep talk speeches he said "We stand strong together". I disagree with that. Strength for a man in his shoes would be to stand strong against America's gun lobby and insist on at least some degree of gun control that might possibly have some reducing effect on the frequency or body count of daily massacres that have now become routine.

When Trump appeals to God in his speeches I feel sure that he's being entirely cynical and using God rhetorically as a sticking plaster over a gaping wound, in full knowledge that there's no God up there. If the traditional conservative Christian deity existed, I'm sure He'd respond to such insincere invocations by at the very least launching a disdainful divinely directed lightning bolt and setting Trump's elaborately coiffured gleaming barnet on fire - which I'm sure wouldn't take much firepower, given the amount of hairspray the Prez must use to keep it from flapping in the wind on those shots we see on TV him disembarking from Air Force One on a windy day on his globe trotting flesh pressing expeditions.
11-06-2017, 03:34 PM
(11-06-2017 03:03 PM)Moreguns4church Wrote:  Any Christian hater as he, is filled with demons of Satan.

Well then guns wouldn't hurt them.

11-06-2017, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:50 AM by Visqueen.)
(11-06-2017 02:28 PM)Moreguns4church Wrote:  *content deleted

A well-armed society is a scenario for a major disaster.

You misunderstood the cartoon I posted: it shows the madness in the US at the moment; while most people understand this situation can't last, and that something should be done to change the situation, all that is done time and time again is "sending out thoughts and prayers" to the families of the murdered people. Instead, something should be done about this wild-west madness.

11-06-2017, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 12:53 AM by Visqueen.)
*content deleted

I don't think it's ever too late to take at least some measures, when tehe situation is bad enough.

*burke content deleted

Not sure where you got these numbers. From here:

List of countries by estimated number of guns per capita:

1. United States 101 (guns per 100 residents)
2. Serbia 58
3. Yemen 55

18. Switzerland 24

79. Israel 7

Yemen of course is a barrel of violence, not sure what the situation in Serbia is...
Switzerland and Israel are nowhere near heavily armed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary Read more: Florida church pl Shia Islam 16 2,735 07-09-2015 08:39 PM
Last Post: garysheldrake
  Religion and Guns EqualAtheist 106 5,706 03-04-2013 10:28 PM
Last Post: Satyros

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)