Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hacked
08-14-2017, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 05:25 PM by Yefet.)
Hacked
Over the week end all of my personal computers where hacked, sensitive information, such as my partners name and address was disclosed, as well as a trail to my work servers because of my work they are protected and covered by FDCI, the FBI was notified and I was assured this person is fairly amateur and was easy to trace, they knew who and where he was in about 10 minutes, they will handle it.
But please use caution, do not open links and any unsolicited emails because we are all targets, forget about banking info and passwords I only hope they didn't get my wife's recipes
Thanks
Yefet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2017, 04:20 PM
RE: Hacked
Keep your protection software up to date as well. Nothing in this world is perfect but it is a whole lot better than nothing,

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
08-15-2017, 01:18 AM
(08-14-2017 04:01 PM)Yefet Wrote:  Over the week end all of my personal computers where hacked, sensitive information, such as my partners name and address was disclosed, as well as a trail to my work servers because of my work they are protected and covered by FDCI, the FBI was notified and I was assured this person is fairly amateur and was easy to trace, they knew who and where he was in about 10 minutes, they will handle it.
But please use caution, do not open links and any unsolicited emails because we are all targets, forget about banking info and passwords I only hope they didn't get my wife's recipes
Thanks
Yefet

Sick, good thing the perp was easy to trace.

I thought most of your wife's receipes were kinda like "chuck in the fryer"? Big Grin

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
08-15-2017, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2017 05:57 PM by Yefet.)
Just an update, The Security firm is sending someone by to pick up my Laptop, for evidence, two people were arrested for, and I quote here " "attempted access Without Authorization or Exceeds Authorized Access of a protected computer (work servers insured by FDIC), under section 18 U.S.C. sect. 1030. of a financial institution for interstate or foreign commerce " He said it is punishable up to 5 to 10 yrs prison time, nothing at all would have been done if all they did was snoop on me, and not tried to hack servers, all their equipment was confiscated as well
They did not give me names but I suppose I will find out sooner or later, will let you know when I know
Goes to show you, you can mess with a man all you want but don't mess with Government insured money !!! would have never known if Security firm had not called and said someone was trying to log into servers using my laptop Sunday mourning, not bad less than 2 days to get them
08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Oh Yefet! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this! But I'm glad there were eyes on it immediately and I hope there aren't any lasting effects.

By the way, send me a flash drive with the recipes. I'll keep it in the vault here in middle America where they'll be safe! Tongue
08-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Let's keep the recipes far from US for the time being. Send them to canada, my wife is willing to help and keep them safe.

Click Here to know more about Islam

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)