Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hate
02-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Hate
What do you hate.
I mean really hate.
I HATE people who harm children.
I am an easygoing man, but I could quite easily KILL child molesters.
I could KILL people who bomb children.
I would quite happily KILL anyone who harmed children

That's who I hate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2010, 11:34 AM
RE: Hate
The idea of 'blanket' hatred for a group seems pointless to me. I value my hate, as I do my love, and save it for those that truly deserve it.
02-21-2010, 01:53 PM
People who harm children are very hateable on the face of it, but what if their abusive behaviour has roots in abuse they themselves suffered in early life?

Although I believe such people should be incarcerated indefinitely if they pose a continuing threat to the public, I don't think hating them in a knee-jerk way helps. What we should seek to do is understand why people do bad things and if possible treat the root causes and prevent recurrence.

Easier said than done, I know.

I'm reminded of the criminal careers of Fred and Rosemary West, who tortured, raped and murdered at least 12 young women and girls. If you read the Wikipedia entries for the pair, it is evident that they were both sexually abused as children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_West
02-21-2010, 02:56 PM
(02-21-2010 01:53 PM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  People who harm children are very hateable on the face of it, but what if their abusive behaviour has roots in abuse they themselves suffered in early life?

Although I believe such people should be incarcerated indefinitely if they pose a continuing threat to the public, I don't think hating them in a knee-jerk way helps. What we should seek to do is understand why people do bad things and if possible treat the root causes and prevent recurrence.

Easier said than done, I know.

I'm reminded of the criminal careers of Fred and Rosemary West, who tortured, raped and murdered at least 12 young women and girls. If you read the Wikipedia entries for the pair, it is evident that they were both sexually abused as children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_West

People who hate others haven't yet learned the wisdom of "There but for the grace of God go I". Human behavior is loaded with animal instinctual responses that can be triggered by a multitude of environmental conditions or even genetic predispositions. Rage is something most every human being is capable of as is lust and it is far better to learn how these instinctual behavioral patterns get twisted up human minds or completely misunderstood than to shove these problems away in prison boxes where nothing is learned to stop the same thing from happening again and again. For instance, was Muhammad a child molester when he was attracted to and married a 9 year old girl? Many in the modern West would say unhesitantly, "Yes!" while a billion Muslims will say, "No", a response that would parallel "common" thinking of Westerners a few centuries ago when child marriages were commonly arranged between children and even old men with no one complaining.
02-21-2010, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2010 03:26 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
I hate how some "internet users" wish to so defy convention or lie they're unwilling to keep their facts straight. People will say things that are completely incorrect and wrong and they are listened to anyway. They disregard everything and will apply the exact opposite meanings to things. It is often repeated as if it were the gospel truth; just go play somewhere else.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)