Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Heaven and Hell - in my view
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Heaven and Hell - in my view
Firstly, I must point out that I've copied and pasted this little part of the book I am currently writing which is essentially my views, experience and knowledge on religion and other related matters. Understandibly not everyone wants to read my book hence why I am posting this relevant piece here.

Heaven and Hell :

Firstly have you ever heard the saying “It's the people that make a place what it is”? Well I certainly think that is very true, and whilst this is not just people nor do I think the living things in heaven (Angels in this case) are humans, though they seldom look human-like but probably not the way most people think. Anyway, my point is that the Angels and all other living things in heaven are nice with true respect, love, purity, morals, understanding for one another and other things that make good things good. However I do not believe we just go-to heaven and just live the life everybody desires (well not yet) as I do not think our work is done and not by a long shot. For the ones who go-to heaven are assigned a specific role respective to their sole, purpose, understanding and wisdom level. I think our angelic bodies are being prepared for us and our soles enter them, these are tailored with flawless precision respective to our complex soles. From then on we live great lives but work for/with God to achieve Gods and ultimately our goals – I would like to leave the rest of this to your imagination.

I think and traditionally that Hell is a place were your absolute worst fears and beyond will be forced upon you, and you will suffer this on an undefined time scale, it's that horrible that a minute as we know it could seem like years. I do not think it's necessarily a fiery type place but unmistakably an absolutely horrible place were you will suffer, and suffer and suffer.

The Devils motives are probably the opposite of Gods in most ways as the Devil is pretty much an opposing force, their motives are complex and maybe not for us to understand (I have some ideas derived from certain things, but don't think it's my place to say so) and the Devil also has its souls assigned a certain role, strangely I think they only have certain time frames or events were they can go against Gods plans in order to be free and try to rule the universe respective to their motives, this must be avoided at all costs!

Like a lot of this book, I strangely feel I shouldn't or am not allowed to explain certain things as I feel God doesn't want me to, which is why you'll often hear me say “I do not feel it's my place to say so” or something along those lines, that said, if there is certain things you feel only has a short explanation then please accept my apologies and more importantly, respect my reasoning.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 06:13 AM
RE: Heaven and Hell - in my view
The Bible says that the dead experience no pain.
Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol,* the place to which you are going.” (If they are conscious of nothing, they obviously feel no pain.)
Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts* do perish.”

The Bible says that the soul does not survive the body after death.
Ezek. 18:4: “The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.”
“The concept of ‘soul,’ meaning a purely spiritual, immaterial reality, separate from the ‘body,’ . . . does not exist in the Bible.”—La Parole de Dieu (Paris, 1960), Georges Auzou, professor of Sacred Scripture, Rouen Seminary, France, p. 128.
“Although the Hebrew word nefesh [in the Hebrew Scriptures] is frequently translated as ‘soul,’ it would be inaccurate to read into it a Greek meaning. Nefesh . . . is never conceived of as operating separately from the body. In the New Testament the Greek word psyche is often translated as ‘soul’ but again should not be readily understood to have the meaning the word had for the Greek philosophers. It usually means ‘life,’ or ‘vitality,’ or, at times, ‘the self.’”—The Encyclopedia Americana (1977), Vol. 25, p. 236.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
(02-05-2010 06:13 AM)jwitness Wrote:  The Bible says that the dead experience no pain.
Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol,* the place to which you are going.” (If they are conscious of nothing, they obviously feel no pain.)
Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts* do perish.”

The Bible says that the soul does not survive the body after death.
Ezek. 18:4: “The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.”
“The concept of ‘soul,’ meaning a purely spiritual, immaterial reality, separate from the ‘body,’ . . . does not exist in the Bible.”—La Parole de Dieu (Paris, 1960), Georges Auzou, professor of Sacred Scripture, Rouen Seminary, France, p. 128.
“Although the Hebrew word nefesh [in the Hebrew Scriptures] is frequently translated as ‘soul,’ it would be inaccurate to read into it a Greek meaning. Nefesh . . . is never conceived of as operating separately from the body. In the New Testament the Greek word psyche is often translated as ‘soul’ but again should not be readily understood to have the meaning the word had for the Greek philosophers. It usually means ‘life,’ or ‘vitality,’ or, at times, ‘the self.’”—The Encyclopedia Americana (1977), Vol. 25, p. 236.

Well I do not follow any of the above, just because certain people have stated specific things and things are stated in the bible, it's doesn't automatically make them right, and my aforementioned views are something I strongly believe.
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Are these just your thoughts? Is there a reason why you believe the way you do?
02-05-2010, 08:29 AM
the planet earth IS hell , a hell that the people who live on this planet created .
02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
My idea of heaven and hell is this: Heaven is a union with God and Hell is a separation from God.
Keep in mind I am not right about everything. Smile
02-06-2010, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010 05:40 PM by WhoKnows.)
I think religion has over sold hell. I do not know where it says in the bible that most people go to hell. Nobody seems to much attention to Revelations chapter 7. At the moment this is my favourite chapter in the bible.

I believe only a very small percentage of the population will get into heaven. I also believe the number going to hell (if it exists) is infinitely small. Revelation 7 says the number of people who come to God is so many that they cannot be counted. Those people will live forever on a glorious new earth. I guess like a skyscraper. Only a few live in the Penthouse apartment, and tiny number are working in the basement. Most people work in the main part of the building.
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2010 03:30 PM by biomystic.)
(02-06-2010 05:39 PM)WhoKnows Wrote:  I think religion has over sold hell. I do not know where it says in the bible that most people go to hell. Nobody seems to much attention to Revelations chapter 7. At the moment this is my favourite chapter in the bible.

I believe only a very small percentage of the population will get into heaven. I also believe the number going to hell (if it exists) is infinitely small. Revelation 7 says the number of people who come to God is so many that they cannot be counted. Those people will live forever on a glorious new earth. I guess like a skyscraper. Only a few live in the Penthouse apartment, and tiny number are working in the basement. Most people work in the main part of the building.

Better get an Environmental Impact Report ready for New Jerusalem then. I wouldn't want any gigantic Cube 1400 miles on a side and sticking up 1400 miles into the atmosphere coming down in my neighborhood. That sucker being made of crystal and gold would weigh enough to disrupt tectonic plates. Cool
02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Based on Jesus' teachings and other sources of revelation, Christians believe that God created human beings to live eternally in fellowship with him. The future as described in the Bible includes the resurrection of all people, a judgment, and eternal life in either heaven or hell.

All of the descriptions of heaven and hell in the Bible are strongly metaphorical. Most Christians think of heaven as a realm of some sort out of normal space-time. However the Biblical description often suggests a renewed earth. This could either mean that the heavenly realm is separate, but with a certain degree of similarity to our current world (the most common Christian view), or that God will renew and transform the earth.

The fact that human beings are created with an eternal destiny should have a significant impact on our priorities. It often seems that governments, nations, and other institutions are the enduring feature of human history, and people are transient elements. Christianity says that this is radically wrong. One cannot treat people as disposable adjuncts to the nation or other institution: ultimately it is the people who matter.

Note that there is a subtle difference between resurrection and the existence of an eternal soul. Many religions have held that human beings have an immaterial soul, which does not die when the body does. Christians generally agree with this (although a small number do not). However the distinctive Christian doctrine is not the eternal nature of the soul, but the resurrection of the body. Humans are unified beings. The body is an essential part of the person. In heaven there will be some analog of the body.
Christians believe that there will be a judgment. In this, everyone's life will be evaluated. Those who depend upon Christ for salvation can be assured that they will pass this judgment. However the quality of their lives will still become known, and everything in their lives that was not built on Christ will be purged. The Bible talks of their work being tested with fire.

nintendo ds r4
02-23-2010, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 10:18 PM by Holy Babylon.)
Couldn't we all just say that separation from God forever is hell enough? You chose to ignore Him, God wanted you, but you did not want God. God put you in a place where He will never bother you again. Then when you find out that he exists, you have no time to reconcile with Him. All you can do is gloat with His absence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  about Heaven and Hell hioni 100 3,300 03-16-2016 05:04 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Which food would be tastier, Heaven's or Hell's? Vagabond 15 1,251 07-17-2013 11:55 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Man. Created for slavery in both heaven and hell. Greatest I am 47 4,263 01-29-2013 12:29 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Heaven or Hell kevlar 60 3,694 01-15-2013 03:15 PM
Last Post: chucknance

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)