Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Hello
Hi. I'm an agnostic atheist that's fed up with Islam.
I've been lurking this forum for a bit and it looks like a good place to start.

I'd like to hear from the mods about where I should draw the line as I expect what I say to hit some nerves. For example; Is it ok to say insulting things about Mohammed? I'll do my best to work with everyone, but I'll like to get an official statement about what is too insulting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Hello
How about, if you have to ask the mods whether it is OK, it probably isn't OK. Can you explain why you are fed up with Islam without resorting to insults? I get the feeling that you haven't done much research on the topic or else you would likely have a very different approach. What is your goal in coming on here and attacking Islam? Are you just looking to piss people off or are you looking to learn some things?
07-08-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 06:02 PM by Yefet.)
Welcome Peat
In the religions of the world threads it is against the rules to debate or argue about the Religion under that heading it is for people of like religions to discuss their religion
Direct personal attacks, name calling etc. will not be tolerated
But you are free to debate anything in the other sections, General religion etc. but do so without directly insulting the person, while I know most take it as a personal insult by bringing anything up that conflicts with their religion , they can and do report the thread, a mod then will make a determination if lines were crossed, and it is very easy to cross lines, some people cannot tell the difference, just try and respect the other person as much as possible.
07-09-2013, 05:08 AM
(07-08-2013 05:51 PM)iReallyDontKnow Wrote:  Can you explain why you are fed up with Islam without resorting to insults?

I sure can. However, it's not always so easy to talk about Islam without insulting someone. As Yefet was so kind to point out "most take it as a personal insult by bringing anything up that conflicts with their religion".

(07-08-2013 05:51 PM)iReallyDontKnow Wrote:  I get the feeling that you haven't done much research on the topic or else you would likely have a very different approach.

So you read one post from me where I ask the mods to clear up a rule and because of that you think I'm probably ignorant?

(07-08-2013 05:51 PM)iReallyDontKnow Wrote:  What is your goal in coming on here and attacking Islam? Are you just looking to piss people off or are you looking to learn some things?

I love to learn things and I won't mind learning anything, but that isn't my goal. NEITHER is pissing people off. I've come to discuss Islam.

I hope that helps clear things up and thing you for taking an interest in my post.
07-09-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 06:17 AM by KAYSER.)
Hello peat moss
I am a proud Muslim
Hope you enjoy your time here, what do you want to discuss?

Click Here to know more about Islam
07-09-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 07:14 AM by Peat Moss.)
Thank you Yefet for your reply. I'll go ahead and start discussing things now.

If anyone, mod or otherwise, feels that I have crossed a line let me know.

Also if anyone feels worried that I will bring up anything you can ask me to stay away from that.
(07-09-2013 06:17 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  Hello peat moss
I am a proud Muslim
Hope you enjoy your time here, what do you want to discuss?

Thanks for the welcome.
I'll start a thread.
07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)