Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi!!!!
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi!!!!
Hi.
I am known throughout the internet world by many names; you shall refer to me as Kangan.
I have a mix of views, and i am not ashamed of them. I stand proud.Cool

I grew up in a American-Christian family, with Christian morals. I was brought up knowing that god loved me, which was nice. For a time.
I am curious. I read many books to do with science, and learned the many theories of the many people. I have not centered one theory down as true, which puts deities on par with the big bang. I label myself an agnostic/atheist. I lean towards cold, hard, scientific fact (which my christian friends oh-so-lovingly mock and humiliate me for) and the possibility of a god. The possibility. I do not believe in worship. I would rather hold respect for something. This brings me to the other side of the family.
I am also Shintoist, to a point. I believe in "respecting" natural objects that particularly bring a feeling of awe, as well as the insects and the bacteria, etc. So, I refrain from eating meats, except fish, which are among the most numerous creatures. It is still difficult to eat a fish without stopping to feel sympathy for it. So, i keep to eating plants as much as possible, even though I know that they are alive. Life is confusing...
I follow the philosophical way of life known a Buddhism.

I am not here to bash any religion, i am here to argue. Arguing will eventually give way to the true answer, i believe...

I am open to all points of view, and i believe mine is unique.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2009, 12:26 AM
RE: Hi!!!!
Well, I can't say I agree with the particulars of your beliefs (I'm a more or less pure atheist myself,) but I completely agree with your conclusion: argument helps us find the truth. Welcome aboard.
06-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Welcome aboard, Kangan.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I feel like i'm not a "conventional" atheist.
My ideals were brought on by a Japanese/German American family, and making sense of both ideals from two completely different places is very difficult. But i try hard nonetheless. My form of atheism was brought on by myself. I didn't even know what I was until someone told me.
I also feel i have given a rather poor description of my beliefs now that i overlook them written on a computer screen. It has more to do with morals rather the belief in Kami.
06-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome Kangan, glad to have you join us!

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)