Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi there!
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi there!
Hi there! My Name is DerStrom, and I guess I practice amateur linguistics. I have a goal to learn as many languages as I can over the course of the next ten years, and I've all ready made some progress on German. Der Strom means "The Stream" Which will give you a hint as to my spiritual beliefs. It's not a very good riddle. I think anyone who gives it some thought would figure it out.

Now, about me: First off you should know that I am not a solid person. I am not a flat character. I am, you could say, as round as it gets. As a result, what is true about me one year, might not be true the next year. You see, I strive to always see the world, the universe, and reality, through as accurate a lens as possible. Nobody has the most accurate lens, however. It has to be refined. It has to be changed, constantly improved, in order for it to still exist.

Now then, that being said, I like strategy board games and Legend of Zelda. I have a blog at xanga.com/sekigo for those interested in seeing that. I write fiction there, and publish it on my blog. I like to think of myself as a rather adept writer, whose skill at writing is always improving. I also would like to code an operating system for my own private use. I have experience with console coding, anyways.

So. Why am I here? Truth be told, I have very little respect for organized religion. Any belief system to me is a broken one, and can only be repaired insomuch as it is allowed to accurately reflect reality. I would be lying if I said that I didn't wish to share my ideas with others who are religious. But at the same time I understand that no amount of debate or persuasion or respect or disrespect will make any difference on anyone's beliefs. In fact, because it is a natural law, I find in myself the desire to completely respect other's choices in belief, even if I do not respect those beliefs themselves.

So. Perhaps I shall debate with some of you. Perhaps I shall converse. I should certainly like to. But I will not try to convert any of you, as there is nothing to convert to. In fact, my greatest desire would be for you to decide on your own what you want to believe, irregardless of what you've been brought up to believe, told, or threatened to.

That's me, but definitely NOT in a nutshell. Thanks for reading this,
--DerStrom!

Es gibt keine Korken in diesem Strom. Aber ich dachte zweifellos, dass es geben würde. Es dauerte mir Jahre, um diese einfache Wahrheit zu finden.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2009, 09:48 AM
RE: Hi there!
Welcome! Big Grin

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Great to have you join us!

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Hi DerStrom,

Welcome to the forum!!!
02-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the forum!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)