Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Hillsong Evangelical Church
02-07-2010, 03:04 AM
Hillsong Evangelical Church
I've been studying the Penetecostal Hillsong Church for my yr 12 Study Of Religion survey assignment and as it the Church grows so does it's profits. At the moment its pulling in 40 million dollars a year... As this profiting strain of christianity grows, I have noticed that its local and political influence has sky rocketed. My question to everyone is this... As Hillsong becomes more influential will its hold on the government becoming a threat to other religions within Australian society?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2010, 04:37 AM
RE: Hillsong Evangelical Church
(02-07-2010 03:04 AM)jackcrack Wrote:  I've been studying the Penetecostal Hillsong Church for my yr 12 Study Of Religion survey assignment and as it the Church grows so does it's profits. At the moment its pulling in 40 million dollars a year... As this profiting strain of christianity grows, I have noticed that its local and political influence has sky rocketed. My question to everyone is this... As Hillsong becomes more influential will its hold on the government becoming a threat to other religions within Australian society?

Hi jackcrack, fellow Aussie here. Hillsong compared to just about all other religions in Australia can best be described as a pimple on an elephants posterior. The possibility that the religion of greed as preached by hillsong will find significant numbers of followers is considerably unlikely in the foreseeable future.
02-10-2010, 02:02 AM
RE: Hillsong Evangelical Church
cheers mate,
i've been searching round and to be honest its influence is small and its popularity has decreased lately.. Well now i can just disprove my hypothesis.. just as easy lol Wink
i was hoping there'd be an aussie answer..
the ones i've gotten from americans have mostly been absolutley useless haha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary Read more: Florida church pl Shia Islam 16 2,537 07-09-2015 08:39 PM
Last Post: garysheldrake
Rolleyes I'm a defector from Christian Evangelical Fundamentalism Oneoff 38 3,741 06-28-2015 09:50 AM
Last Post: aka[DoW]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)