Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Historical Mecca
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Historical Mecca
MECCA also known as Makkah, the most holy city in Islam. Muslims claim it was one of the most important cities in Arabia that was even around in Abraham’s time. Abraham supposedly built the Kaaba with his son Ishmael in this city.

The ancient cities and kingdoms of Arabia have a rich history which given archeologists in some cases complete records of kings and the cities they ruled over, even since the time of Abraham.

Surely this rich Arabian history would mention Mecca at least once for the importance this city is said to have played in the history of Arabia.

The following link provides a well documented detailed historical analysis of the kingdoms North, South, East and West of today’s Mecca right back to the time of Abraham and who ruled them. I apologize for the long read, but the history of Arabia is long and well documented. And is a must read for all Muslims.

http://religionresearchinstitute.org/mec...eology.htm

So what does all this mean ?. In a nutshell it proves that Mecca or any other name it was known by including did not exist until around the 4th century AD.
The stories Muslims say about Mecca are just that. There is no historical or archeological evidence that says Mecca existed.

My next posts will be on “Who really built the Kaaba”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
RE: Historical Mecca
I think you need to get some history classes Phill ... You based your result on 1 website only? If some1 ask that is it real that Jesus gave life to death,can you prove it?

HISTORY OF MECCA
MECCA

Mecca: 1st - 6th century AD

The town of Mecca, in a rocky valley with no agricultural resources, develops into a place of considerable prosperity. There are two good reasons. It is a trading post on the caravan route from the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean. And it is Arabia's most important place of pilgrimage.

During the centuries before Islam, large numbers of pilgrims arrive in Mecca to perform a ritual act of walking seven times round a small square building known as the Kaaba (Arabic for 'cube'). The building is full of idols, which are the objects of worship. It also includes a sacred black stone, possibly in origin a meteorite.

Read more: http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/Plai...z0fRWC78Lc

Also : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca
02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Oh I've done my history lesson and plenty of it. As I explained and the website explaines, the documented history of Arabia is rich. If large numbers of pilgrims went to Mecca for centuries before Islam then it would have been mentioned as a place. But sadly for Islam it isnt mentioned even once.

All you are relying on is Muslim tradition to back your claims. But the truth is there is nothing to back it up with solid physical historical evidence. If there was any evidence I would happily accept it, but there isnt even a shred evidence to support it.

I have to ask myself why would Islam make up these stories and traditions about Mecca. The only logical solution I have come up with is for continuity purposes only to show the faithful that Mecca goes back to the time of Abraham. So have Muslims been lied to ?....absolutley!!!. Should Muslims be concerned at what the historical evidence really shows ?...absolutely.

The link I provided shows a detailed history of Arabia of it's kings and kingdoms. You may dicide to rely on proven false tradtitions or rely on historical fact. I prefer fact over fiction.
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
(02-13-2010 03:19 PM)Phill Wrote:  Oh I've done my history lesson and plenty of it. As I explained and the website explaines, the documented history of Arabia is rich. If large numbers of pilgrims went to Mecca for centuries before Islam then it would have been mentioned as a place. But sadly for Islam it isnt mentioned even once.

All you are relying on is Muslim tradition to back your claims. But the truth is there is nothing to back it up with solid physical historical evidence. If there was any evidence I would happily accept it, but there isnt even a shred evidence to support it.

I have to ask myself why would Islam make up these stories and traditions about Mecca. The only logical solution I have come up with is for continuity purposes only to show the faithful that Mecca goes back to the time of Abraham. So have Muslims been lied to ?....absolutley!!!. Should Muslims be concerned at what the historical evidence really shows ?...absolutely.

The link I provided shows a detailed history of Arabia of it's kings and kingdoms. You may dicide to rely on proven false tradtitions or rely on historical fact. I prefer fact over fiction.

Have you discovered the Arabic Vedic connection to Mecca? Another place where Muslims are hiding historical truth in order to preserve Islamic fictions. You know archeologists are forbidden in Mecca and they might be banned from research in all of Saudi Arabia because Muslims are fearful of historical discovery undermining their idol worship of Muhammad and his Quran book.
02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
(02-15-2010 10:50 PM)biomystic Wrote:  
(02-13-2010 03:19 PM)Phill Wrote:  Oh I've done my history lesson and plenty of it. As I explained and the website explaines, the documented history of Arabia is rich. If large numbers of pilgrims went to Mecca for centuries before Islam then it would have been mentioned as a place. But sadly for Islam it isnt mentioned even once.

Have you discovered the Arabic Vedic connection to Mecca? Another place where Muslims are hiding historical truth in order to preserve Islamic fictions. You know archeologists are forbidden in Mecca and they might be banned from research in all of Saudi Arabia because Muslims are fearful of historical discovery undermining their idol worship of Muhammad and his Quran book.

I havent heard of this connection, do you have a usefull link ?. I do know that Mecca is out of bounds for archeaologists. The point is that Islam knows Mecca never existed prior to the 4th century or thereabouts and dont want non-muslims or muslims for that matter digging around to prove it.
Fortunately, as explained in my link, Arabia is rich in documented history which shows it isnt possible Mecca or Makkah existed before the 4th century. Some say Plotemy mentioned Mecca in the 1st century AD and called it Macoraba, this has also proved false and is better suited to toher towns in Arabia.
02-16-2010, 02:51 AM
(02-16-2010 12:00 AM)Phill Wrote:  
(02-15-2010 10:50 PM)biomystic Wrote:  

I havent heard of this connection, do you have a usefull link ?. I do know that Mecca is out of bounds for archeaologists. The point is that Islam knows Mecca never existed prior to the 4th century or thereabouts and dont want non-muslims or muslims for that matter digging around to prove it.
Fortunately, as explained in my link, Arabia is rich in documented history which shows it isnt possible Mecca or Makkah existed before the 4th century. Some say Plotemy mentioned Mecca in the 1st century AD and called it Macoraba, this has also proved false and is better suited to toher towns in Arabia.

Try here. It's not the one I read years ago but I can't find that one. This site seems to have similar information about Arabic Vedic Mecca.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)