Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homosexuality
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2008 02:58 PM by Messenger.)
Homosexuality
Christianity (OT), Judaism, and Islam condemn homosexuality. I'd like to hear what Buddhist, Hindus and others think.

Homosexual behavior has been observed in every animal species that has been studied. Google "homosexuality animals" to find articles. Wikkipedia has a good one.

My anthropologist friend tells me that homosexual behavior has been observed in every human society that has been studied.

Through separated twin studies, scientists have found a genetic component to sexual orientation. Genetics isn't the whole answer but it is part of it.

All this seems to me to say that homosexuality is a normal part of sexual behavior in sexual species including us. If it is normal behavior and is partly inherited, why are sacred scriptures so opposed to it? I can understand being against murder, theft and the like but what does it matter what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom?

I'm happily heterosexual. This is just a philosophical discussion for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
RE: Homosexuality
homosexuality is exactly the same as any sin,abortion,etc.all are under satan until they get cured by christ.sin just increases,people might take animals as there mates next.with sin it escalates and makes you animal not man.i have nothing aggainst homosexuals or child killers or beast fornicators.but the answer is still the same,Jesus.he saves all men that seek him.

Good evil salvation
11-20-2008, 12:49 AM
To me that seems like a license to kill, or anything else. You do what you want and then you can go find jesus to forgive you, harming others for no good reason is clearly wrong from the point of view of society and reasoned thought, just because you apoligise to jesus doesn't make it right.
Homosexuality itself is frequently genetic or not based on a concious decision, and it harms no one. Im not homosexual myself but I have many friends and I dont see them as doing anything that should concern anyone else but their partners. What poeple do in their own privacy with consenting adults is their business!

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
11-20-2008, 01:04 AM
repenting our sins does make it right.were asking for help on matters we cannot control.

Good evil salvation
11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
To each his own...live and let live.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
11-22-2008, 02:47 AM
smellycat Wrote:repenting our sins does make it right.were asking for help on matters we cannot control.

If we cannot control our sins than how can we sin, there can be nothing wrong in commiting an act that was completely unavoidable. Similarly if we have no free will to avoid sinning how can we have free wil to repent

11-22-2008, 06:54 AM
athos123 Wrote:
smellycat Wrote:repenting our sins does make it right.were asking for help on matters we cannot control.

If we cannot control our sins than how can we sin, there can be nothing wrong in commiting an act that was completely unavoidable. Similarly if we have no free will to avoid sinning how can we have free wil to repent
we have free will,you try stopping a teenage girl falling in love,lol.she has free will,but can,t control her emotions.

Good evil salvation
11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
you still havnt explained how sinning is beyond our control, as well as how apoligising to god would make it right, what about attempting to console the victims???
Also your teenage girl isn't always going to act based on her feeling of love, free will in action is arguably quite different to free will in though, she might not be able to avoid feeling the way she does but she can make herself or prevent herself from doing anything about it.

11-23-2008, 08:12 AM
athos123 Wrote:you still havnt explained how sinning is beyond our control, as well as how apoligising to god would make it right, what about attempting to console the victims???
Also your teenage girl isn't always going to act based on her feeling of love, free will in action is arguably quite different to free will in though, she might not be able to avoid feeling the way she does but she can make herself or prevent herself from doing anything about it.
sinning is beyond our control,because we chose to disobey God,we moved away from God.this earth is cursed.until we ask for help from Jesus we just keep getting worse.

Good evil salvation
11-24-2008, 04:19 AM
so nothing is good unless it is done by someone who has sucked up to jesus and god, yeesh thats a pretty crappy god you've got their taht thinks that a life is bad if it dont worship him. those sorts of traits in a human would be really looked down upon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus and homosexuality shiverleaf15 24 2,505 01-19-2014 06:26 PM
Last Post: The_Squid
  the city of sodom and homosexuality alar 9 1,104 12-04-2011 03:35 PM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Homosexuality for a purpose? MRlogic 87 7,988 03-10-2011 02:50 AM
Last Post: Painkiller
  Homosexuality in Religion ? alan-kinsella 8 1,473 05-31-2010 09:47 AM
Last Post: conrad141
  Homosexuality minus459 22 3,011 02-14-2010 08:27 PM
Last Post: Aingeal
  Homosexuality and religion XxXHjJXxX 17 3,483 10-29-2009 11:17 PM
Last Post: Azrael17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)