Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Honor, adore and worship. Why?
06-23-2010, 09:47 AM

If there were a God of any kind, He or She or It could not help being what it is.

Why then would anyone want to honor or adore or worship what cannot help but be what it is?

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet.

All of these including God cannot help but be as they are. All people by this definition would also be candidates for adoration, reverence and respect and worship.

Perhaps this is why one of the Jesus archetypes said, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

To give honor, adoration and worship then is very close to idol worship. Why then do you seek an idol? Do you have some kind of instinct that forces you to seek something to revere?

Would you like to be honored, adored and worshiped just for being what you cannot help being?

Why would you seek to honor, adore and worship anything or anyone?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 11:14 AM by lostsurf9111.)
RE: Honor, adore and worship. Why?
(06-23-2010 09:47 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Honor, adore and worship. Why?

If there were a God of any kind, He or She or It could not help being what it is.

Why then would anyone want to honor or adore or worship what cannot help but be what it is?

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet.

All of these including God cannot help but be as they are. All people by this definition would also be candidates for adoration, reverence and respect and worship.

Perhaps this is why one of the Jesus archetypes said, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

To give honor, adoration and worship then is very close to idol worship. Why then do you seek an idol? Do you have some kind of instinct that forces you to seek something to revere?

Would you like to be honored, adored and worshiped just for being what you cannot help being?

Why would you seek to honor, adore and worship anything or anyone?

Regards
DL

According to the Bible, if you DON'T worship the one true God then you are sentenced to an eternity in hell. So it is God who demands worship and he even uses a fear tactic to enforce it. This makes God an egotistical, maniacal, power hungry, sociopath; if he were real.
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
no , i think you will find that god is saying - " if you are going to worship a god , at least worship the wright god " . god never wanted to be worshiped in the first place . he had allready seen what we would be like at the begining of creation .
06-23-2010, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 01:34 PM by lostsurf9111.)
(06-23-2010 12:00 PM)hillbilly Wrote:  no , i think you will find that god is saying - " if you are going to worship a god , at least worship the wright god " . god never wanted to be worshiped in the first place . he had allready seen what we would be like at the begining of creation .

Then how do you explain these verses?

Psa 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. (The whole book of psalms is about praising God)

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Phil 2:9-10 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth.

Jesus in Matt 4:9-10 says that you should worship God and only Him

Revelation states that Christians in heaven will do nothing but praise and worship God for all eternity.
06-23-2010, 02:14 PM
(06-23-2010 01:33 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  
(06-23-2010 12:00 PM)hillbilly Wrote:  no , i think you will find that god is saying - " if you are going to worship a god , at least worship the wright god " . god never wanted to be worshiped in the first place . he had allready seen what we would be like at the begining of creation .

Psa 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. (The whole book of psalms is about praising God)

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Phil 2:9-10 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth.

Revelation states that Christians in heaven will do nothing but praise and worship God for all eternity.

In the New Christianity, it makes sense to honor God as the Great Spirit of Humanity for we are made in the image of such, made male and female. We honor our parents who bore us and raised us, so the natural extension of familial love of parents is love of God.

Of course, priests of old and new want to keep their monopoly on access to God for themselves which requires them establishing themselves as the official conduits to God. To keep their social positions and social power they of course want believers to honor God because that means honoring the conduits to God as well and their social power.

Revelation isn't a Christian document as the Jesus described there has forgotten the Gospel Jesus' commitment to forgiveness of the sins of sinners which is one of the basic pillars of Christian faith. Can you imagine the boredom of singing praises to God for all eternity? Sorry, Rev, but I'll stick to the peeks at heaven brought back in n.d.e. reports. Those views of Heaven are worthy of honoring but not Revelation's apocalyptic heaven derived from the apocalyptic genre formula, e.g. the Book of Enoch, these apocalypses written by people who seem to be totally unaware of the n.d.e. phenomena and therefore, in my opinion are authoring fraudulent stories.
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:Revelation isn't a Christian document as the Jesus described there has forgotten the Gospel Jesus' commitment to forgiveness of the sins of sinners which is one of the basic pillars of Christian faith.

Eh, I'm sure most Christians will disagree with you on that one.
06-23-2010, 02:50 PM
(06-23-2010 01:33 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  

....as far as i know god wrote the bible . once god wrote the book , he then handed the bible to various other gods , and they decided to re-wright parts of the bible ( before handing the bible over to us ) , just to confuse things that little bit more......in other words " to couse trouble " between him and his creations . which parts were re-written ?.....i do not know. why did gods re-wright the bible ? , as far as i can see there was a rift between god and the other gods .
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:....as far as i know god wrote the bible . once god wrote the book , he then handed the bible to various other gods , and they decided to re-wright parts of the bible ( before handing the bible over to us ) , just to confuse things that little bit more......in other words " to couse trouble " between him and his creations . which parts were re-written ?.....i do not know. why did gods re-wright the bible ? , as far as i can see there was a rift between god and the other gods .

So you are a polytheist ? Why do you get your spiritual information from the Bible? It clearly teaches that there is only ONE god, aka monotheism.
06-23-2010, 05:11 PM
(06-23-2010 02:54 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  
Quote:....as far as i know god wrote the bible . once god wrote the book , he then handed the bible to various other gods , and they decided to re-wright parts of the bible ( before handing the bible over to us ) , just to confuse things that little bit more......in other words " to couse trouble " between him and his creations . which parts were re-written ?.....i do not know. why did gods re-wright the bible ? , as far as i can see there was a rift between god and the other gods .

So you are a polytheist ? Why do you get your spiritual information from the Bible? It clearly teaches that there is only ONE god, aka monotheism.
yes , there is only one TRUE god ( creator ).....BUT!!....there are other gods...a family!! . how do you think the creator ( god ) was born into heaven , where do you think that person was when he created the heavens and earth , remember there was no universe in the begining....so where was god?...aha!! .
06-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:yes , there is only one TRUE god ( creator ).....BUT!!....there are other gods...a family!!

I have a couple of questions, because it seems like you are contradicting yourself:

1. So, if there is only one TRUE god, are all the other gods FALSE? Please explain.

2. How exactly is this Biblical (assuming you follow the Bible)? If you don't follow the Bible, in what do you base your beliefs off of?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Islam (Muslim) Honor killings -- should it be honored? moveez 23 863 10-09-2017 12:32 AM
Last Post: Par5
  Honor thy FATHER and MOTHER Raphael 4 1,619 09-12-2009 02:30 PM
Last Post: Majdi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)