Poll: Should you follow your dreams and intuition?
Yes, your intuition is your guide
No, follow practicality.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horoscopes / Signs in life?
05-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Horoscopes / Signs in life?
In interest of keeping this whole post short, I will leave out all details and get to the questioning.

I've always been an intelligent guy. I've done well in school and SAT's when I actually studied, but when I got to college I learned I didn't enjoy it or the idea of it. I have very little motivation to study while there and have an overall feeling that it's not for me.

Lately, I've been feeling as though I've found my talent, my gift, or my calling in this world. It is a far off dream to most, and in the beginning I kept brushing it off as just a desire or wishful thinking. It is a musical dream of both believing that I have a special talent and believing that if played right, I could make it / blow up right into the mainstream movement.

The thing is, my daily horoscope readings have continually, and by that I mean day by day, been consistent with these "feelings." They keep saying things such as "You don't know it yet, but you're on the precipice of a very important period in your life with all the opportunities and securities you've been desiring." I know this is general and could fit to any person's life on any particular day, but many days they are more specific and what not. Also, I've always had this secret belief in horoscopes. The Pisces analysis fits me with unbelievable accuracy (has even matched major life events).. and daily readings are pretty accurate everyday. Rule out confirmation bias because I read them after a days events are over.

So tonight I met up with an old, close friend. While catching up, he was telling me about how he got into music (the same area as the one in my situation). He now produces tracks and masters audio (he was a dj before). I couldn't help but connect that if I wanted to make an attempt, I could work with him as he was everything I needed (the producer behind my music). He has a lot of talent and I've listened to his tracks, its really top level stuff..

Later on in the night however, when i had the opportunity to showcase my talents to my friend I was too intoxicated to do so (we had been drinking all night). I had a feeling that it was an opportunity missed and could have been one of those moments that have lasting or large impacts on your life. I brushed it off.. and at the same time decided I was probably being misled by that little voice in my head, or what I thought was my intuition. The whole vision of my dream sort of faded into bleak reality. I basically decided to stop thinking about it or my horoscopes all together and come back to reality.

But when I checked my horoscope tonight it read:
"You may not be getting the enthusiastic "yes" you had hoped for to a question or a request for assistance. Because of this, your hopeful fantasies and your mood and your confidence have all become rather muddy and gray. But the bottom line, Pisces, is that you are getting a "yes" instead of a "no." That means that you can demonstrate the possibilities to the other person involved. You can show how wise that person is to trust you and to follow you. Forget about the lack of enthusiasm- You'll see plenty of it very soon."

Now you might think I'm crazy or foolish, but to be thinking a certain way only to have it answered directly by a horoscope literally 2 minutes later is FREAKISHLY coincidental.

What I want to ask is, how seriously should you listen to your gut feelings, or intuition (as opposed to being more practical / realistic)? That little voice that tells you that you know something before even you know you do..

And how are horoscopes so accurate? Do they have any actual value in life? Do they hold any truth?

I know many will think I'm foolish or crazy.. but I've lived my whole life based off of my internal voice and intuition..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2012, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 01:14 PM by Elgonzero.)
RE: Horoscopes / Signs in life?
If you want to be a musician, give it a go or you may always regret it. It may not even take up all of your time to do so, so you can still be sensible about it. Put demos together, do some gigs etc. See how well it is received before you decide to throw everything into it (if you haven't already done this). It is now easier than ever to put yourself out there.

Look at a few different horoscopes on the same day and you will see that they are quite different to each other. If they all seem to apply, look up barnum statements. If you think that one of them must be more talented than the others, repeat for a few days. Keep scores if necessary - you may well notice that you tend to disregard the ones that don't fit.

Sometimes intuition is all you have to go with, but don't be surprised if it occasionally lets you down.
05-13-2012, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 06:19 PM by EqualAtheist.)
Something I have noticed with horoscopes, and do not take this wrong, is that all of them seem to fit for everyone. I am a libra. I used the Libra scales and both of my kids signs to create a tattoo. My horoscope can always be used to plan a day. I can use my kids for myself too. All seems to fit. However, it all depends on how you look at things. I mean, it could very well be that you are having a unique experience. It could be that the way I interpret horoscopes are based on me making it all fit to things that have happened in my day.

On a brighter note though, if you PM me, I can read your cards for you. I mean, won't be in front of you like it should be, but, I can do what I can. Or perhaps your numberology.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
05-22-2012, 01:32 AM
You are either an artist or you are not. You don't need the stars to tell you what you already know. Horoscope for today: Your fear of failure may be holding you back.
06-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Well for me personally, the reason I really like the Zodiac, as being a Libra, I like what a Libra is said to be. It is something that I strive for. To be balanced. To get along with all, and be able to keep peace. To see all sides. Of course, this might just be my idea of Libra. Do not really keep up with it. I check my horoscope......I dont know, when it shows up on my facebook and I notice it.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
(06-18-2012 08:15 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  Well for me personally, the reason I really like the Zodiac, as being a Libra, I like what a Libra is said to be.

Is that according to old astrology or new? http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

Quote:Of course, this might just be my idea of Libra.

The funny thing about astrology and the zodiac is that we can easily convince ourselves that vague personality descriptions are more or less applicable to us. Oh, that Forer effect. http://www.skepdic.com/forer.html

Join Atheism Today! Be sure to ask about our sexy parties. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hellish People (Secret Signs in Movies) The_Spirit_of_Truth 1 491 09-17-2012 09:59 PM
Last Post: kevlar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)