Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did?
07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
How did?
Just a quetion I'd like to here the different Theistic views on from some Christians, Jews, and Muslims and anyone else.

Some say the big bang didn't happen and "God" made the universe without it and others say that the big bang happened because of "God". Some say that "God" made the big bang happened because something had to put the atoms their....

So how did "God" get there/here in the first place? What made "God"?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2011, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 04:58 AM by Flipper.)
RE: How did?
(07-21-2011 04:52 AM)Rauggo Wrote:  Just a quetion I'd like to here the different Theistic views on from some Christians, Jews, and Muslims and anyone else.

Some say the big bang didn't happen and "God" made the universe without it and others say that the big bang happened because of "God". Some say that "God" made the big bang happened because something had to put the atoms their....

So how did "God" get there/here in the first place? What made "God"?

God is infinite and has always been there. That's the truth so stop asking questions, you might actually learn something.

Seriously though, I hope you don't think that you are going to get any sort of explanation that doesn't raise more questions than it answers. This question has been asked a million times and never been answered with anything better than - faith

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
07-21-2011, 09:17 AM
(07-21-2011 04:58 AM)Flipper Wrote:  Seriously though, I hope you don't think that you are going to get any sort of explanation that doesn't raise more questions than it answers.

Be fair, Flip, are there any scientific or empirical answers to this question that don't raise more questions?
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
flip Wrote:get any sort of explanation that doesn't raise more questions

pain Wrote:are there any scientific or empirical answers to this question that don't raise more questions
Isn't that the same?

????????????????
07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, true, I just assumed from the context of the rest of Flip's post that he meant "explanation from the theists". Sorry if I misunderstood.
07-21-2011, 03:18 PM
(07-21-2011 04:58 AM)Flipper Wrote:  
(07-21-2011 04:52 AM)Rauggo Wrote:  

God is infinite and has always been there. That's the truth so stop asking questions, you might actually learn something.

Seriously though, I hope you don't think that you are going to get any sort of explanation that doesn't raise more questions than it answers.

I'm not expecting "actual" answers I'm just curious on what other people's view on the matter is. Smile
07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
(07-21-2011 12:38 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  Yeah, true, I just assumed from the context of the rest of Flip's post that he meant "explanation from the theists". Sorry if I misunderstood.

No, you didn't misunderstand. Except maybe that my comments were directed at the last question; So how did "God" get there/here in the first place? What made "God"?

The point is though that if you don't start from the assumption that God exists in the first place, how is it possible to provide any scientific or emperical answer for where god came from.

07-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I meant that any scientific or empirical answer about the origins of the Universe or "the beginning" (if there is such a thing - more questions) are going to come with questions attached.
07-21-2011, 10:19 PM
(07-21-2011 05:01 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  I meant that any scientific or empirical answer about the origins of the Universe or "the beginning" (if there is such a thing - more questions) are going to come with questions attached.

Not if we stop at God did it. There are no more questions after that. I know not all religious people think like that but in my experience that is a large proportion that never question that answer. It's just the nature of science I guess, I tried to think of an example where scientific research has stopped on a question once the initial answer has been reached but I'm failing to come up with one. Maybe I need to think harder or maybe just too tired.

But it always puts me in mind of the line from the Bad Religion song "The Answer";

Don't tell me you have the answer because another one will come along soon.

07-22-2011, 12:57 AM
What you say is true, Flip, but I've met a lot of "scientific atheists" who don't want to go further than "the Big Bang did it" or "evolution happened". Perhaps Science lends itself more readily to a certain kind of question than Theology, but in my experience the more thoughtful or intelligent in both fields will always ask more questions and push it forward, whereas those who are simply mouthing the words to make themselves feel better will take it as it is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)