Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did 13 become unlucky?
01-10-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: How did 13 become unlucky?
Now why are 7 and 11 considered "lucky"?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2017, 05:55 PM
(01-10-2017 05:20 PM)jeager Wrote:  Now why are 7 and 11 considered "lucky"?

11 is not lucky by itself as far as I am aware. It is only lucky in craps and then only on the first roll.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
01-23-2017, 06:53 AM
(06-23-2015 01:58 AM)ArcFighter300 Wrote:  Triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13) didn't always exist. There are theories about its entry into religion, and I have one myself.

There were 13 families in the original Bulgarian Illuminati Society. Of course, the BIS has become world-famous for allegedly trying to cause the downfall of organized religion in Europe (though I suspect that it was just a freethought group and that it had rumors that blew up in the creators faces).

That's just my theory. I'd love to hear everyone else's!

13 actually became my lucky number after I had a series of positive experiences with it, and especially when I found out that it is the lucky number of Gary Kasparov and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the founder of the Art of Living Foundation.

It is now that I am being impressed by the fact that it is generally seen as an unlucky number.
Perhaps my own experience might point out why 13 became an unlucky number as such -- a couple of bad experiences, reinforced by similar coincidental experiences in others.
02-28-2017, 01:16 PM
I love 13. Our Lady of Fatima always appeared on the 13th of the months

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)