Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did Jesus switch between his two operating systems of his mind?
07-01-2010, 09:05 AM
How did Jesus switch between his two operating systems of his mind?
According to Wikipedia:

"The Council of Chalcedon was a church council held in 451 from 8 October to 1 November 451 at Chalcedon (a city of Bithynia in Asia Minor), on the Asian side of the Bosporus.

The Council of Chalcedon was convened by Flavian's successor, Anatolius, at Pope Leo I's urging, to set aside the 449 Second Council of Ephesus, better known as the 'Robber Council.' The Council of Chalcedon repudiated the idea that Jesus had only one nature, and stated that Christ has two natures in one person. The Chalcedonian Creed describes the 'full humanity and full divinity' of Jesus, the second person of the Holy Trinity."

The best way I can conceptulize this is like having a computer with two operating systems, but only one runs at a time and the two do not talk to each other at a given time.

How was it for Jesus, may peace be on him? His divine and human operating systems, were they aware of each other or not aware like in a multiple personality? Additionally, could he switch back and forth? After you help me with this model we could push the enelop a little further. Thanks for your indulgence!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: How did Jesus switch between his two operating systems of his mind?
I did not make up this Council, it is for real. Encyclopedia Britannica states about the Council of Chalcedon, "The fourth ecumenical council of the Christian Church, held in Chalcedon (modern Kadiköy, Tur.) in 451. Convoked by the emperor Marcian, it was attended by about 520 bishops or their representatives and was the largest and best-documented of the early councils. It approved the creed of Nicaea (325), the creed of Constantinople (381; subsequently known as the Nicene Creed), two letters of Cyril against Nestorius, which insisted on the unity of divine and human persons in Christ, and the Tome of Pope Leo I confirming two distinct natures in Christ and rejecting the Monophysite doctrine that Christ had only one nature. The council then explained these doctrines in its own confession of faith."

"Council of Chalcedon." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2010. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. 01 Jul. 2010 <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/104580/Council-of-Chalcedon>.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Ahmadi, why are you wasting our time with this old Muslim anti-Christian propaganda agenda you're still trying to peddle here? Christianity is evolving out of Bible thumper superficiality that all your posts are aimed at. In other words, your Muslim criticisms are passe and way behind the current intellectual thinking of Christians, most of whom treat the Gospels as metaphoric teachings, not literal history. I know this concept is hard for Muslims to understand since they haven't reached that intellectual point with their Islamic teachings which they, like fundamentalist Christians, believe inerrant. But we all have to grow up sometime and think for ourselves instead of letting ancient men think for us.
07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
We, the Muslims will sit tight, while fundamentalists and the so called intellectually sophisticated Christians debate it out. The net result of this exchange is total annihiliation of dogma of Christianity.

After this intellectual debate between the two camps, when orchestrated honestly, what survives is called Islam! Can you conceptualize this argument?

07-01-2010, 07:47 PM
(07-01-2010 07:20 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  We, the Muslims will sit tight, while fundamentalists and the so called intellectually sophisticated Christians debate it out. The net result of this exchange is total annihiliation of dogma of Christianity.

After this intellectual debate between the two camps, when orchestrated honestly, what survives is called Islam! Can you conceptualize this argument?

Yes. It is the well-known folly of the pot calling the kettle black. Ahmadi, you Muslims are fundamentalists. As fundamentalist as any Christian swallowing their Bibles as the inerrant writing of God. So again, why try to snow us with Muslim propaganda against another Abrahamic fundamentalist religion when Islam is of the same character?
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
As I return to the Forum today after almost a month and a half, I see very few familiar faces and you seem almost like an old friend. So, let me leave this thread here for a day or two, on this olive branch!

07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
(07-01-2010 08:38 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  As I return to the Forum today after almost a month and a half, I see very few familiar faces and you seem almost like an old friend. So, let me leave this thread here for a day or two, on this olive branch!

"Old"??? I'm not that old yet, Ahmadi, but I'll gracefully overlook your ageist slur. Did you know I eat olives every day? That's what makes me so peaceful, oh wait a minute, come to think of it, I don't the branches. I've argued with Branch Davidians though if that counts--David Koresh's bunch, the ones left alive--you could Google "Waco" if you're lost about what I'm referring to..I do seem like your friend, whats-his-name. We both love Islam. He loves surrendering his mind to Muhammad and I love surrendering my life to doing the will of God as peace. Unfortunately, I can't seem to convince these men here in masks and AK 47s that I didn't mean to spread mischief and to please give me my head back. Just kidding.....I hope..Shy
07-28-2010, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 01:24 PM by Ahmadi.)
While we are trying to figure out how did Jesus toggle between his two operating systems, full man and full god. While we are figuring it, do the three persons of the Holy Trinity instantly synchronize with each other or is there some delay in communication?

07-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Silly,
Jesus originally ran Windows 95. Then his father, God, upgraded his CPU to Windows 2000.

make a wish: http://www.real-wishes.com
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 02:49 PM by Ahmadi.)
This is pay back time for the Trinitarians. Pay back will be only intellectual and Win/Win/Win as all parties will benefit.

The Unitarians have suffered long at the hands of the Trinitarians. Suffering of the Jews is no secret. Muslims suffered at the time of Crusades and it is generally not known that Unitarian Christians had very tough history. I just learnt from Wikipedia today:

The Doctrine of the Trinity Act 1813 (53 Geo. III c. 160. sometimes called the Trinitarian Act 1812) was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It amended the Blasphemy Act 1698 in respect of its Trinitarian provisions.

The Act, passed July 21, was also variously known as the Unitarian Relief Act (Trinity Act), The Unitarian Toleration Bill, and Mr William Smith's Bill, after William Smith the Whig politician.

The Act granted toleration for Unitarian worship, as previously the Act of Toleration 1689 had only granted toleration to those Protestant dissenters who accepted the Trinity.

It has been regarded as legalising the practice of monotheistic Islam in the United Kingdom; as the Blasphemy Act only applied to those educated in or having made profession of the Christian religion, the amending Act would in theory only have applied to converts to Islam and even then would not have allowed them to deny the truth of the Christian religion.

The Blasphemy Act was repealed in 1967, implicitly taking the Doctrine of the Trinity Act with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favorite religious/spiritual systems you would submit to if you had the choice? shiverleaf15 22 2,225 05-30-2014 10:04 AM
Last Post: jamesrgg
  The belief switch KAYSER 187 7,224 01-09-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: legend
  What you like about other religions/belief systems Medusa 8 1,198 09-20-2011 12:53 AM
Last Post: Medusa
  Jesus literalist. What would change your mind? Greatest I am 12 1,457 06-27-2011 03:09 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)