05-20-2011, 04:06 AM
RE: How did it go equal?
What about his back?

Sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
RE: How did it go equal?
I see that I need to look through this section of the forums more often. I did not notice this thread or the one about Aing.

As far as my adventures, a bit of info on what I was trying to do. First was a charity car wash to raise money for breast cancer. Breast Cancer runs in my family, and I have a daughter, so it only seemed right to try to help those that are trying to find better ways to deal with it, make money.

Also set up some raffle type of event. Talk to some of the local venders and got donations of food, drink, various value items, pawn shops to give items, and so on. Held several events at a few places where people could bid on items, or a resturant would donate the money made on certain dishes, and so on. All went, is going, and seems to still be going pretty well, because it is still going on. Trying to do another charity car wash.

There was a snag in the programming though. A church group, happened to be doing a car wash even for the church to upgrade, and they thought we were stealing their business. Seems that more people wanted to give to breast cancer awareness and finding a cure, then making a mega church a bigger mega church. So I actually got put under investigation, because they called the police on me, and said I was trying to profit the money for myself.

Ended up very well, because had they actually come to the event, they would have seen that all credit cards where actually done alone and donated straight to the cancer foundation I was raising money for. So absolutly no money went to me, if paid by credit card. All checks where made to the cancer foundation as well, so I would not be able to cash them, and all cash, which we asked people not to use, was given to a bank that shared a parking lot with the business that was allowing us to run the event, into an account that I have no access to.

Was told by several people that I should publicly call out this church for their actions, because it closed down the car wash for a few hours, but, good donations where made and things are still in progress, so I figured, just keep moving ahead.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Birthday, Equal!! Alison2 4 534 09-01-2015 01:41 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Welcome back Equal Yefet 3 566 08-03-2013 02:50 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Equal and the Hurricane Alison2 13 1,190 06-09-2013 05:02 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Happy B'day Equal! Huitaca 7 1,069 09-25-2012 09:27 AM
Last Post: Fender
  Happy Birthday Equal! Visqueen 10 1,598 09-26-2011 08:57 AM
Last Post: Alison2

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)