Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do Catholics feel about the church's portrayal in Angels & Demons?
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
How do Catholics feel about the church's portrayal in Angels & Demons?
For those of you who have seen the movie... and are catholic. What are your thoughts on the church's portrayal in this film?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2009, 09:22 PM
RE: How do Catholics feel about the church's portrayal in Angels & Demons?
The church wasn't on the "Dark Side" you could say. This was one of the few movies where the church actually gets to play as the good guys for once. Personally, I just thought the movie was plain stupid and that they butchered the original story to the point where the characters do not have names.
Find all posts by this user
08-22-2009, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2009 12:24 AM by God Rocks.)
RE: How do Catholics feel about the church's portrayal in Angels & Demons?
I really liked both the book and movie. I think they weren't that negative in their portrayal of the Catholic church.

I noticed that this movie didn't get the negative publicity from the church that the Divinci Code did. I'm guessing this is because it doesn't have ideas so against basic beliefs like Divinci Code did. Either way though I think it was a good move on the church's part not to do that this time because all that the church achieved by trying to prevent people from seeing the Divinci Code was to get people more interested in it while making themselves look kind of bad in the process.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rolleyes Angels worshipping franszwa 0 306 06-25-2016 10:41 PM
Last Post: franszwa
MyBB confused Catholics seeking help helpmefindchrist 10 2,481 08-31-2014 04:31 AM
Last Post: Seek
  Why are catholics making such a big deal out of Mary? Yessica 12 1,437 12-17-2012 05:59 AM
Last Post: StarStuff
  Exorcism & Demons! Angels and God talking to us! Azrael17 6 2,907 02-22-2011 04:31 PM
Last Post: lebanesecedar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)